Page 379 of 613 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Cassie used to be but seemed to be moved out of the office/title once the original Young Justice took off. Donna never was, except for a brief stint here and there (only ones I can think of are Heinburg and Finch).

They *should* be part of Diana's supporting cast and franchise/editorial group but that's rarely been the case.
    Jiminez too, at least until she died (and then he was the one who brought her back).

BANNED

Didio apparently didn't realise Jinny Hex first appeared in Bendis' Batman story in the Wal-Mart giants and had to apologise to retailers at the ComicsPRO conference for that, saying it wasn't intended as a slight.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...walmart-comic/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Didio apparently didn't realise Jinny Hex first appeared in Bendis' Batman story in the Wal-Mart giants and had to apologise to retailers at the ComicsPRO conference

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...walmart-comic/
    How did he not know?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How did he not know?
    He was in the middle of launching three imprints, four if we find out he was more involved with Wonder Comics. I don't like Didio, but he's been very busy trying to break into new markets and absolutely shouldn't be aware of what's happening in every book. That's for editors to deal with.

Geez, someone really doesn't like Jon's right eye.

And am I remembering right that earlier on Zod had a very similar vision of a peaceful future and then something showed up and attacked?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Geez, someone really doesn't like Jon's right eye.

And am I remembering right that earlier on Zod had a very similar vision of a peaceful future and then something showed up and attacked?
    He has metal arm also.

I missed that, indeed. Dude's a warrior but can get jacked up. Bendis is really hammering home that at least in his head Jon is going to be quite a bit more vulnerable than his dad. Which is definitely a better route than that "potential to be even more powerful" crap done early in Rebirth.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Am I the only who keep seeing a Z on Lois's torso when not focusing on it ?

Other than that... I hope Bendis isn't teasing us with a Lois and Clark daughter here to not deliver down the line ! I would actually love for the Superfamily to have a super-daughter !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Am I the only who keep seeing a Z on Lois's torso when not focusing on it ?

Other than that... I hope Bendis isn't teasing us with a Lois and Clark daughter here to not deliver down the line ! I would actually love for the Superfamily to have a super-daughter !
    Me too. Her name hopefully could be Lara Lane Kent.

Personally I temper my expectations when it comes to visions of the future and dreams, but who knows, since this does seem to be all hinting at the beginning of the United Planets and that is canon. So the ideas presented in these visions have that going for it. But I still wouldn't bank on such a specific revelation coming to pass, personally.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2019 at 02:39 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice preview.

Seems no one correctly guessed that the Instagram image from way back was gonna be a vision that Clark had as opposed to an alternate future/hypertime or another world in the multiverse. But now that you see it in context (well, implied context), it seems so obvious. Running a parallel to Zod's vision from part 1 of the Unity Saga is a great idea, and pulls that seemingly random plot thread back into focus. I like the use of these super idealized visions. They're like integrating the idea of imaginary stories as a plot point.

That said, I think like Zod's unification dream, nothing in the vision is to be taken as literal.

Really dig that cloak thing Jon has on though.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo.....hold up....

Is that GATES from the Legion of Superheroes on the far left of the screen in the shadowy group on the last page of the preview????

Now that I think about it....is that shadowy group the f#%king LEGION OF SUPERHEROES??!!

YO, now I'm seeing Bouncing Boy just above Zod's right arm. IT'S THE FREAKIN LEGION!!!! GET HYPE!!!!

Edit: Holy crap, I think Jon's metal arm is less of a story beat for him, but rather a deliberate hint at Lightning Lad (and also likely hinting at Jon working with the Legion in some capacity)? That's so freakin slick lol

Edit 2: Just under what I can only assume is Lightning Lad (his lightning crackling and arcing between his hands as the only fully colored thing among the shadows) is what seems to be Chameleon Boy partially transformed into some sort of tentacled monster (you can see his signature antenna).

I also just noticed that it's a blast from the figure that is more than likely Lightning Lad that blows up Jon's arm giving me more reason to think the arm is supposed to be a callback to him in a symbolic sort of way.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

On page 4 of the preview, it looks like Jimmy Olsen has a wife and kid. There are 2 Batmen and a Nightwing. One of them is Bruce because he's with Catwoman. Robin looks to be female, which I will presume is Helena Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo.....hold up....

Is that GATES from the Legion of Superheroes on the far left of the screen in the shadowy group on the last page of the preview????

Now that I think about it....is that shadowy group the f#%king LEGION OF SUPERHEROES??!!

YO, now I'm seeing Bouncing Boy just above Zod's right arm. IT'S THE FREAKIN LEGION!!!! GET HYPE!!!!

Edit: Holy crap, I think Jon's metal arm is less of a story beat for him, but rather a deliberate hint at Lightning Lad (and also likely hinting at Jon working with the Legion in some capacity)? That's so freakin slick lol

Edit 2: Just under what I can only assume is Lightning Lad (his lightning crackling and arcing between his hands as the only fully colored thing among the shadows) is what seems to be Chameleon Boy partially transformed into some sort of tentacled monster (you can see his signature antenna).

I also just noticed that it's a blast from the figure that is more than likely Lightning Lad that blows up Jon's arm giving me more reason to think the arm is supposed to be a callback to him in a symbolic sort of way.
    When I read through it the first time I thought it was just a black blob, lol. That's definitely silhouettes of the Legion though. Who the heck knows, maybe Zod and Superman aren't just having dreams here. I mean, as with anything when it pertains to the future, it could change at the drop of the hat with new creative teams but it definitely makes me wonder now what the intent is as of right now.