Page 238 of 613 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 9194

Honestly, I'd be on the fence about Lois and Jimmy solos. They wouldn't be automatic buys but I could be won over. That said I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to dispute the very idea of trying it. I have my doubts on if there's a strong enough market for them today, but if there isn't, at least you tried. If there is? Gravy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Honestly, I'd be on the fence about Lois and Jimmy solos. They wouldn't be automatic buys but I could be won over. That said I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to dispute the very idea of trying it. I have my doubts on if there's a strong enough market for them today, but if there isn't, at least you tried. If there is? Gravy.
    This is my thing, if a book like scooby apocalypse can survive 30 issues, DC can at least try a Lois solo book for a few issues.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Right? You gotta at least give props to the idea that we could be looking at a revival of the Superman's Pal and Superman's Girlfriend. That would've been unheard of in the later years of pre-52, for literally all of the new 52, and for the Rebirth part 1 era. I've got the most planed out and ambitious Superman and Action Comics run in year, the fan service of Adventures of Super Sons, a literal space mystery in Supergirl, an event story line staring Clark, Lois, and Jimmy as leads, the Legion back firmly as being locked in with Superman, Tom King's Superman space mystery, Scott Snyder doing a 5th Dimension focused Superman story in Justice League, Conner coming back in a big way with Young Justice, and now you're telling me we're also getting Lois and Jimmy books in some form?

You can't tell me to find the bad in this; you just can't lol In any case, I hope both books are great!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-18-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Today Bendis replied to a tweet that said "I am LOVING your Superman run so far. I'm begging you to do what DC hasn't done for a few years and put Jimmy Olsen to some use, please! I'll be reading either way!"

He then replayed by saying "THANK you. jimmy and Lois fans are going to be very happy this year! you won't believe it. honestly, its almost too much."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...33235490324480

Not only is this more credit to the Lois and Jimmy projects/books on their way (Jimmy book here https://twitter.com/GregSilber/statu...50231129264130 and we've already been told that there's a Lois book on its way), but it also seems to be alluding to Lois and Jimmy's involvement in the Leviathan story line as co-leads alongside Clark. Plus it seems Jimmy is the one who stumbles on the Leviathan stuff via his investigations into the The Kobra Cult, and we already know about the mystery surrounding Lois' work in Action Comics.

Tell me you're not hype as hell for all this stuff!
    Interesting. Well I certainly wouldn’t mind being wrong in this case!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Right? You gotta at least give props to the idea that we could be looking at a revival of the Superman's Pal and Superman's Girlfriend. That would've been unheard of in the later years of pre-52, for literally all of the new 52, and for the Rebirth part 1 era. I've got the most planed out and ambitious Superman and Action Comics run in year, the fan service of Adventures of Super Sons, a literal space mystery in Supergirl, an event story line staring Clark, Lois, and Jimmy as leads, the Legion back firmly as being locked in with Superman, Tom King's Superman space mystery, Scott Snyder doing a 5th Dimension focused Superman story in Justice League, Conner coming back in a big way with Young Justice, and now you're telling me we're also getting Lois and Jimmy books in some form?

You can't tell me to find the bad in this; you just can't lol In any case, I hope both books are great!
    Dude, the bad is very easy to see in this situation.

We gotta wait for all of it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Speaking of waiting, Bendis said "spent all night writing a biiiiiig Superman thing for next year. Hell of a way to spend an evening... thank you." https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...50828692148224

So the hits just keep coming with this run. Wonder what it's about. Something we've heard about before? Maybe the United Planets stuff? Maybe the big Jon stuff? Maybe something else completely?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If its for next year maybe a tie-in for Snyder's event?

"Crisis: Superman of Two Worlds - Superman and the mysterious Superman freed from the Dark Multiverse team up to save Earth-0 and find the latter's lost Earth as the Multiverse crumbles around them!"
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-19-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, lets look at the facts, right? Bendis confirms that he'll be using Val-Zod in his run. Bendis is working alongside Morrison on at least one plot point (it's GL so far). Bendis is working super, super close with Snyder. Superboy Prime is on his way back under Snyder and likely Bendis too. The Man of Steel mini had characters reference the multiverse as casually as you or I talk about people in another state. There's a strong possibility that Bendis showed us an image of a future or alternate reality Jon Kent.

There's at least a 80 something% chance that Bendis has the multiverse on the brain for upcoming Superman stuff, and there's maybe a 50 to 60 something% chance that it will include the tee shirt and jeans Superman introduced by two people that are confirmed to be working with Bendis in some form story wise, so, yeah, chances are pretty alright, imo.

Hey man throw Val-Zod in there. A bunch of Supermen banding together to do their part to help their worlds. Hell maybe have Prime actually get his sanity back and be helping this time trying to atone for past mistakes. A whole bunch of Supermen working together have always been high points of the past Crisis stories. At least for me.

I'm now imagining a scene where, in pure pre-Crisis cheese, you have all the Supermen pushing their respective Earths back into place, and "New 52" Superman locking his found Earth back in place adding a piece of stability missing.

It writes itself I tells ya!

And let's not forget the New Super-Man/Superdad team up story from Tomasi, either. Some big dude was taking Supermen from around the multiverse and stealing their power. Was that guy recruited by Oz or someone or something? Been forever since I read it. To my knowledge the plot point has never been brought up again.....but Bendis is working with Gleason (and maybe Tomasi?) and is picking up plot points like Jor-El......so this leftover story might give us a hint as to what Bendis is maybe planning, too. Maybe. A little.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yo, big preview dump from Bendis...

Superman meeting Red Cloud it seems

Lois in what seems to be the Rebirth suit rather than the Reborn. Jon seems to be pretty amused by his mom suited up. She looks great btw. Really can't express how hype I am for getting some of Lois, Jon, and Jor's space stuff.

Last but not least, Superman going nuke eyes in a way that I don't think I've quite seen before. His face speaks volumes. That clam somber look slowly giving way to what I can comfortably describe as an angry god.

That’s some god-tier art. Lol you just know people are going to flip out about Lois not wearing the “correct” suit. I hope she keeps the Rebirth suit and we get Clark back in the Reborn suit one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol you just know people are going to flip out about Lois not wearing the “correct” suit.
    From what I gather Bendis seems to actually be accommodating Tomasi's Adventures of the Super Sons to some degree because in there Jon being given the belt buckle to Clark's Reborn suit is a pretty sizable plot point. I guess the idea being that he retired the Reborn suit and went back to the Rebirth suit (or some equivalent as we saw in issue 4's flashback) and then gave that to Lois to protect her on her trip.

I honestly think it's really just the slight hiccup Tomasi having Jon get the buckle of the retired Reborn suit. I don't think this means the Reborn suit is coming back for Clark though. I very much think that the original idea was as it was implied in MOS 6 that Lois got the Reborn suit, but sh!t changed and you roll with it. Doesn't actually change anything. Main take away is that Lois was given a super suit to protect her in space and that's what she has on.

BANNED

It's great to see Bendis steadily giving us answers to everything

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's great to see Bendis steadily giving us answers to everything
    While I agree he's earning some goodwill, I don't want him to spoil every last detail in his upcoming stories. I mean, if we already know every little thing that will happen in his stories, then what's the point of reading?