Page 384 of 613 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I believe she did in one of the issues. I don't remember exactly.
    Must have been Action. I only read Superman.

There was a Super Sons arc where Jon and Damian were trying to protect Lois from being assassinated by Talia. It was awesome. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Must have been Action. I only read Superman.

There was a Super Sons arc where Jon and Damian were trying to protect Lois from being assassinated by Talia. It was awesome. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.
    No, jon was in daily planet. Supersons thing i remember. It was not in daily planet. I feel it was missed opportunity. I wanted to see lois taking on talia,in a mom vs villainous Mother match.

Mighty Member

No, jon was in daily planet. Supersons thing i remember. It was not in daily planet. I feel it was missed opportunity. I wanted to see lois taking on talia,in a mom vs villainous Mother match.
    I love that arc personally. Only thing that's sucks about it is its the penultimate arc. More I say.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I love that arc personally. Only thing that's sucks about it is its the penultimate arc. More I say.
    I love it too. especially, the part where jon wanted to learn sword fighting. But still, I just wanted to see how lois is would handle talia.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think you may be thinking of the Booster Shot arc where Lois goes on a mission to find her father, and Jon, channeling his mother, sneaks aboard. There's also when Mxy as Clark cornered Lois and Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think you may be thinking of the Booster Shot arc where Lois goes on a mission to find her father, and Jon, channeling his mother, sneaks aboard. There's also when Mxy as Clark cornered Lois and Jon.
    Was jon inside the daily planet in that one. The one i am talking about had lombard and perry.. Etc.

Was jon inside the daily planet in that one. The one i am talking about had lombard and perry.. Etc.
    Jon was in the Planet on the Oz Effect arc. Jimmy Olsen was supposed to look after him. Perry I think finally meets his godson, Jon, for the 1st time.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 03-22-2019 at 11:19 AM.

I don't want to get this thread sidetracked,but how was it extreme?when she was home, she was a mom. When her son or herself was in trouble, she fought. When she had work to do, she left the kid with Clark or alone.

'just human' thing doesn't matter now. Because human in dc have been doing ridiculous things for decades. Only superman support cast is restricted by human card. I mean, we had batman kill Darkseid with a special bullet. So, this notion that lois, perry or jimmy(when he is human) shouldn't be able to fight monsters with help is ridiculous and restricting for the characters. Especially, when characters like Alfred, Gordon or any other human characters have been doing insane things for years.

DC has broken the rule that human should be restricted by human limitations long ago in their universe. So, it won't be a huge suspension of disbelief, if let's say a human cuts a mountain in half. Hey! Maybe it's just the anime guy in me. I am sure others may feel differently. But for me, it was genuinely cool seeing lois kicking ass and taking names. Lois fighting was one of coolest moments in the entire run for me.it didn't fee ridiculous at all.

Clark is superman. Jon is half kryptonion with wired powers. How can lois mentor him? She can only discipline him. Which she used to.
    I say two extremes because to me she was either not being used, or being used wrong. Either she contributed very little to the story, most notably not developing a dynamic with Jon which was the major addition to the mythos at the time, or contributed in OP ways. What I mean by that is basically a literal superhero in her own right, and that's not Lois Lane. I'm sorry but a normal human would die the second they plant one foot on Apokolips. Not be able to infiltrate and actually fight and win against Fourth World beings. Someone of her skill set wouldn't just automatically get into a hi tech suit of armor and manipulate it nary a problem. She has a lot of skills, but there's a rhyme and reason to allow her to survive in Superman's world. Being in the thick of superhuman fights on the reg is not it. Either she wasn't doing much, or she was vastly OP.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-22-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Jon was in the Planet on the Oz Effect arc. Jimmy Olsen was supposed to look after him.
    Yep! That must be it. That one had a lunatic trying suicide bombing the planet.

Yep! That must be it. That one had a lunatic trying suicide bombing the planet.
    I was trying to edit it in on my previous comment. Perry finally meets his godson, Jon, for the first time.

You're probably thinking of the start of Oz Effect. But that's not a Lois and Jon story. That had Lois and Clark coming by to have Jon visit Perry and everyone else. (Edit: ah, seems this was the one)

There's a Lois and Jon section in Revenge where they're hiding from Zod, and Jon gets into the battle armor to protect Lois under Jor-El/Oz's guidance.

In regards to the chances of Jon "teaming up" with Lois in her book? I hope it's more in the sense of Rucka doing some character work where he has the two talk/spend time together. Bendis already set up that Jon's not the biggest fan of what the gossip columnist have to say about Superman (now that I'm thinking about it, that seems like set-up for him showing up in Lois' book), so he likely won't have the best reaction to hearing people call his mom a cheater.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I say two extremes because to me she was either not being used, or being used wrong. Either she contributed very little to the story, most notably not developing a dynamic with Jon which was the major addition to the mythos at the time, or contributed in OP ways. What I mean by that is basically a literal superhero in her own right, and that's not Lois Lane. I'm sorry but a normal human would die the second they plant one foot on Apokolips. Not be able to infiltrate and actually fight and win against Fourth World beings. Someone of her skill set wouldn't just automatically get into a hi tech suit of armor and manipulate it nary a problem. She has a lot of skills, but there's a rhyme and reason to allow her to survive in Superman's world. Being in the thick of superhuman fights on the reg is not it. Either she wasn't doing much, or she was vastly OP.
    Then how does batman manage himself in apocalypse? You know you should try to view it from anime perspective. There are humans who who pull of superhuman **** in anime. In one piece anime there is character named zoro who cut down a giant stone guy the size of godzilla.
    Why can't lois be a superhero in her own right? Gordon had become batman in tincan suit. So i think lois is more than equipped to handle the hellbat.
    She had a dynamic with Jon. She was the one who disciplined Jon. Clark wasn't that strict when it came to chores, school.. Etc. Only when it came to safety ane security clark was protective.
    from what i read i inferred that batman had just left the moon base unguarded. Maybe it's because he abandoned it or didn't think it had anything dangerous enough.

And she wasn't op. The stakes were real when lois took on these god like beings.and she always had help wether it be apocalypse battle armour and gun or hellbat suit. It was cool seeing lois try to make batmobile work.

All i am saying is that superman support cast seems to be the only one playing by the 'just human' card in DC. Everyone else only play it only when the plot demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In regards to the chances of Jon "teaming up" with Lois in her book? I hope it's more in the sense of Rucka doing some character work where he has the two talk/spend time together. Bendis already set up that Jon's not the biggest fan of what the gossip columnist have to say about Superman (now that I'm thinking about it, that seems like set-up for him showing up in Lois' book), so he likely won't have the best reaction to hearing people call his mom a cheater.
    Definitely seems likely. Since they are going to be dealing with the photo fallout they should also be dealing with those two guys who overheard the initial talk about Jon's trip with Lois in Superman #7 which might pull Jon in directly. It'll be interesting to see how much of this Bendis handles and how much Rucka gets in Lois' book. At the very least we should see their different POV's.

Rucka did emphasize in that interview that this book was Lois Lane and not Superman's Anything Lois Lane so you're right that any interaction with Jon and Clark will likely not be on the superhero side. Or if they do, it'll be like Batman's presence in Gotham Central, occasional but not directly involved.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-22-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Then how does batman manage himself in apocalypse? You know you should try to view it from anime perspective. There are humans who who pull of superhuman **** in anime. In one piece anime there is character named zoro who cut down a giant stone guy the size of godzilla.
    Why can't lois be a superhero in her own right? Gordon had become batman in tincan suit. So i think lois is more than equipped to handle the hellbat.
    She had a dynamic with Jon. She was the one who disciplined Jon. Clark wasn't that strict when it came to chores, school.. Etc. Only when it came to safety ane security clark was protective.
    from what i read i inferred that batman had just left the moon base unguarded. Maybe it's because he abandoned it or didn't think it had anything dangerous enough.

And she wasn't op. The stakes were real when lois took on these god like beings.and she always had help wether it be apocalypse battle armour and gun or hellbat suit. It was cool seeing lois try to make batmobile work.

All i am saying is that superman support cast seems to be the only one playing by the 'just human' card in DC. Everyone else only play it only when the plot demands it.
    She can do heroic things, but I don't buy it when she's doing things beyond the realm of a human being and beyond her skillset, that's all. Indeed she's always been a heroic character, just from a different angle. I don't really look at it from an anime lens because that's not the universe they created and not the character they've fostered for 80 years. Lois is a normal human being. An extraordinary person, but still human. Outside of specific plot threads where she gains powers or something, she shouldn't be hanging out on Apokolips. Her donning Hellbat armor or something would really only work if it was like the Greatest American Hero frame of mind and she has no clue what she's doing, just kinda humorously trying to get things to work. That would've worked for me. But using all that stuff pretty easily just felt to me like it was trying way too hard. As for Batman, they stretch things with him too, but at the very least he is a superhero with "super" heroic skill sets. He shouldn't be able to step foot in Apokolips either, don't get me wrong, I think that's just as ridiculous the things he did in reviving Damian.

And it doesn't matter the stakes to me. High stakes or not she's still a human being, not a superhero, meta or otherwise. Barring certain plot points. And she's not the only one I personally hold to that standard. When it gets broken with other characters I call it out too. Like I said the Batman stuff, punching Darkseid and the like, I called stupid from the get go.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-22-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Definitely seems likely. Since they are going to be dealing with the photo fallout they should also be dealing with those two guys who overheard the initial talk about Jon's trip with Lois in Superman #7 which might pull Jon in directly. It'll be interesting to see how much of this Bendis handles and how much Rucka gets in Lois' book. At the very least we should see their different POV's.
    I'm wondering what the new status quo for Clark/Superman, Lois, and Jon will be going forward. Bendis said that he'll be getting to a shift in the status quo over in his Den of Geek interview, and by all rights it sounds like it's dealing with this. He also said he'd be getting to Jon picking up his friendship with Damian later in the year (after the space war I'm assuming), so I'm guessing around that time will be when he sets out the new status quo for them. I feel like that'll be handled in one or both of the Bendis books, and Rucka will have an in depth look at Lois' thoughts on it.

But maybe the most burning question on my mind now is how do they explain the Lois/Superman kiss? You gotta explain Jon and you can't take away Clark Kent because he's clearly a priority again with what is essentially his own book. Over in Action 1005 Bendis had Clark openly very happy because he saw his wife the night before. He even tell Robinson as much, so I'm still firmly thinking that we're going for the modern family angle where Clark is Jon's step dad.

And judging by the way Rucka made a point to comment how everyone thinks it's Lois that's the temptress and Superman is the unwitting pure guy, I'm thinking Superman will make some sort of public statement and apology for being the one who came onto her. Maybe have it be over him being worried about their son at the time.