Page 597 of 613 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t think there will be a reboot. Maybe a post Infinite Crisis continuity shuffle but even that feels iffy.
    That's about what I expect too. I mean, that's the whole damn point after all; history is broken and the heroes know this and have been trying to fix it since 2016. We're getting a continuity overhaul after Metal 2, but in most cases I doubt we're getting a fresh start.

But that can still be considered a "reboot." It's changing continuity, some of those changes might be fairly big (like Diana being a Golden Age hero) and maybe some people would call it a "retcon" but the words don't really have hard definitions.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If I've learned anything talking comics with various people throughout the years its that reboot means different things to different people. In comics lexicon its definitely a relative term.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well if Synmar’s mindset is utterly alien to Earth maybe he won’t talk in Bendisspeak
    I would hope not, but man, I remember his Memphisto. That was brutal.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The new interview from Bendis inspired me to go back through the past 7 issue of Legion, and I noticed two things about Ultra Boy

- Ultra Boy's tag in issue 2 says "invulnerability except to radiation"

- In issue 3 you can see Ultra Boy seems to display another power in the form of a green barrier that seems to cover his weakness against energy/radiation attacks.

This actually reminded me of the 90s version of Superboy back when he had TTK as opposed to real Kryptonian powers. Back then energy based attacks could harm him.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-06-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The new interview from Bendis inspired me to go back through the past 7 issue of Legion, and I noticed two things about Ultra Boy

- Ultra Boy's tag in issue 2 says "invulnerability except to radiation"

- In issue 3 you can see Ultra Boy seems to display another power in the form of a green barrier that seems to cover his weakness against energy/radiation attacks.

This actually reminded me of the 90s version of Superboy back when he had TTK as opposed to real Kryptonian powers. Back then energy based attacks could harm him.

More like superman x from the Legion of super heroes cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    More like superman x from the Legion of super heroes cartoon
    How? Superman X wasn't harmed specifically by radiation. Ultra Boy *seems* to be powered by some kind of "ultra energy" that he can shift to one power at a time and then also use creatively as a barrier. He's even shown being hurt by energy weapons.

So that's why it seems like it's inspired by 90s Superboy. To me at least
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    How? Superman X wasn't harmed specifically by radiation. Ultra Boy *seems* to be powered by some kind of "ultra energy" that he can shift to one power at a time and then also use creatively as a barrier. He's even shown being hurt by energy weapons.

So that's why it seems like it's inspired by 90s Superboy. To me at least

Yeah the energy weakness I agree with you totally, but the green shields are what superman x did. So like a mix of kesel SB and superman x, jist one power at a time

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yeah the energy weakness I agree with you totally, but the green shields are what superman x did. So like a mix of kesel SB and superman x, jist one power at a time
    Honestly it was more of a dome or bubble, so somewhat similar to 90s Superboy's TTK bubbles, but a bit more expanded.

If Brian Cunningham is indeed out, that could herald a shakeup to the Superman line.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

If Brian Cunningham is indeed out, that could herald a shakeup to the Superman line.
    Harras too, but apparently the mid line has been hit hard and sadly that's Superman's home, albeit at the top of the middle generally.

It's a strange time.

Glad Harras is out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Harras too, but apparently the mid line has been hit hard and sadly that's Superman's home, albeit at the top of the middle generally.

It's a strange time.

Glad Harras is out, though.
    Me too. The Superbooks are said to be safe, but Bendis is almost certainly going to be off the Superbooks soon, given his soft sales. Wonder Comics is probably dead as well with Khouri and Cunningham gone. Least we’ll always have Wonder Twins, Dial H, and Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, all time great books.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cunningham isn't the editor of the Super books from months, ex-Bat editor Jamie Rich is currently editing Supes.

he said in a that recent interview he is safely under a good contract, guessing he'll be off the superbooks when he's already planning on leaving. That interview was still before all this unfortunte news hit, though, he also talked about future wonder comics plans, like Jinny Hex, Naomi etc which are likely less safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cunningham isn't the editor of the Super books from months, ex-Bat editor Jamie Rich is currently editing Supes.
    Thank you for the correction. Rich seems to have survived the current layoffs, although there’s more coming, so maybe the Superbooks will avoid suffering major repercussions.