Page 479 of 613 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    ......really? I mean come on, really? That direction is too stupid to be legit. Right? goddamnit.
    A temporary "other" Superman for a sales gimmick, I guess. Kind of Jean Paul Valley and Dick Grayson and even Jim Gordon and (I heard rumors) Luke Fox Batman-ish. It's old, it's tired, it's boring, and no one thinks it is going to be the real new status quo. So some will find it entertaining while is lasts, but likely more will just be "wake me when it's over." Though maybe we will get yet another universe reboot to end it.

If true, this is more of Jon's identity being torn away to make him a literal Superman stand-in. So sad. I would say it's actual Superman-hood being stolen from Superman, but I can't take it seriously enough as a long-term change to even care about that, because it is so not going to last. I suppose a "Jon isn't Clark" resolution could come from it, but I doubt it would happen without one character or the other being trashed.

This just seems too tailor-made to rile both fanbases (that have some overlap) - those who feel like Jon's individuality is being stripped away and those who feel like Clark's key achievements are being stripped away.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-07-2019 at 08:14 AM.

I don’t buy it. This is the same type of rumor as the Batman one. It’s basically this is what Bendis did at Marvel, so this is what he’s going to do here. The first issue of Legion isn’t even out yet and Bendis is getting rid of Jon already? I don’t buy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t buy it. This is the same type of rumor as the Batman one. It’s basically this is what Bendis did at Marvel, so this is what he’s going to do here. The first issue of Legion isn’t even out yet and Bendis is getting rid of Jon already? I don’t buy it at all.
    I'm skeptical, too. I almost wish it would happen, though, because it absolutely could not last and maybe I'd get back a status quo I liked after it was over.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have this crazy feeling. This makes jon more like dark version of precrisis clark. He has an all encompassing identity that of jon kent given by his birth parents.he was sent away by his parent due to powers and for his wellbeing (because they were idiots) . He was raised(atleast the teen years) by others on a different planet . His developing year/teen years was spent with and fighting evil versions of Ultraman and lois lane(abusive adopted parents instead of loving parents like kent were) .had adventures as superboy. Created united planets and now joins the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm skeptical, too. I almost wish it would happen, though, because it absolutely could not last and maybe I'd get back a status quo I liked after it was over.
    It just doesn't track in any fashion. For one, DC just watched Marvel do this four years ago and backpedal on it as well. DC did this themselves four years ago with DCYou and backpedaled even faster. They aren't bright, but they aren't complete morons either.

The only way I could see this actually happening is if the "Gen 5" thing is a new "Ultimate-esqe" line separate from the main line of books, with a "next generation" of heroes akin to Batman Beyond.

If this is true it's a perfect example of what I be talking about. Bendis makes controversial changes without any second thought and half the time their poorly executed at a ridiculous level.

Jon was perfect the way he was, and so was the family dynamic, Clark's work dynamic everything was fine. Now Clark and Lois are **** excuses for parents, Jon's lost a majority of his charm (plus he has that heinous scar ugh) Jor-el Is just blah, the last 15 issues have been blah, and now Superman is about to become the president, and if this **** is true Jon is gonna get all kinds of new hate.

Let it be known I don't even think this is true I doubt Bendis would go this direction especially after the way he's been talking about Legion and Superman it doesn't really add up. The only thing that could make me think otherwise is DC pressured him to do something extreme due to sales or something of the sort but even that seems unlikely. I still stand by what I said Superman has been a mess for a while. *shrugs*

It just doesn't track in any fashion. For one, DC just watched Marvel do this four years ago and backpedal on it as well. DC did this themselves four years ago with DCYou and backpedaled even faster. They aren't bright, but they aren't complete morons either.

The only way I could see this actually happening is if the "Gen 5" thing is a new "Ultimate-esqe" line separate from the main line of books, with a "next generation" of heroes akin to Batman Beyond.
    This is didio. His motto is controversy creats cash. He likes to recycle ideas and try again after a failure one time . Don't forget new52 they tried to have jon but failed then tried again.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is didio. His motto is controversy creats cash. He likes to recycle ideas and try again after a failure one time . Don't forget new52 they tried to have jon but failed then tried again.
    They don't repeat the same failures over and over again. The first Jon was some evil clone or something. I don't buy it at all. This makes me buy it even less:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/

And we’ve also heard more. Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and more, will see their roles replaced by other characters in the DC Universe. And it doesn’t look like the replacements will be the naturally assumed ones – Jonathan Kent has had to be aged to fill the role, Batman has chosen the son of Lucius Fox and Batwing, rather than a Robin, Batgirl or Signal.
    If this is the case, it's an "Ultimate" or 2099 type line or imprint. It's not going to be the mainline books.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Bleeding Cool:

"Bleeding Cool understands from comic professional gossip at New York Comic Con this past weekend, spinning out of our reports on the new DC timeline, that it is planned by DC Comics editorial that Jonathan Kent will now return from the 31st Century and the Legion of Super-Heroes to the present day (whenever that is now meant to be) as a young adult.

At that point, I understand that Jonathan Kent will replace his father, and be the new Superman.

And this will be the new status for the Superman comic book titles at DC Comics, Superman, Superman/Batman, Action Comics, Lois Lane, Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen, Justice League and more going forward.

The Superman books are currently written by Brian Bendis, and it looks likely that this is part of his plan going forward. Previously at Marvel Comics, Bendis saw the Ultimate version of Peter Parker, Spider-Man, die and replaced in the role by his creation Miles Morales. Could we be getting a similar story here?

More on this story and other DC Comics plans from Bleeding Cool today."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...man-dc-comics/
    So they’ll be replacing Batman with Luke Fox and Superman with his aged up son? I don’t believe it. Bendis’ sales haven’t been strong enough for them to go all in on something like that for Superman while DC’s premiere hero also gets replaced.

Does it really though if it turns people away from reading your work? I will say controversy can be good when it's well written. The rushed controversy Bendis specializes in tends to fall flat until another writer has to come in and make sense of it.

They don't repeat the same failures over and over again. The first Jon was some evil clone or something. I don't buy it at all. This makes me buy it even less:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/

If this is the case, it's an "Ultimate" or 2099 type line or imprint. It's not going to be the mainline books.
    Ok now I know Rich is either making stuff up or misinterpreting what he’s heard. DC has never been more gun shy about controversy yet you’re telling me they plan to replace their entire line of heroes, including characters like WW and Aquaman who have movies coming soon? Bull. This is going to be an “Ultimate” type set up or it’s not happening. Didio, the guy who has gone out of his way to put the mainstays above the legacies is going to swap the main guys out for their legacies all together? Yeah no.

I remember hearing about Clark losing his ID and Bruce being replaced again, my first thoughts were that we were looking at a DCYOU-lite era. Starting to shape up that way.
    again, if true.

I'd expect Val-Zod to replace Superman before Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'd expect Val-Zod to replace Superman before Jon.
    We don't have val zod in this particular universe. We have lor zod though. If he becomes chris again then maybe.

We don't have val zod in this particular universe. We have lor zod though. If he becomes chris again then maybe.
    Didn't Bendis say something about Val-Zod being a thing in his run?