Page 468 of 613 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Superman #16 Instagram post with Jon and Damian saving kitties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zOXGzB...d=gio7d43chs2m
    As they should. I hope their adventures continues.

I want to be able to laugh, I really really do, but when I see a DC cover with "Step Aside, Superman" as the title, its just so meta. So I guess I can laugh at the pain in that?

I'll get over it. maybe
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-30-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That's the most silver age middle finger to fans I've ever seen. I have to respect it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I want to be able to laugh, I really really do, but when I see a DC cover with "Step Aside, Superman" as the title, its just so meta. So I guess I can laugh at the pain in that?

I'll get over it. maybe
    If it really annoys you, at least you know after this arc they'll have to focus back on Superman with Jon gone. Or honestly, just read Action which Jon doesn't appear in.

The cover is pretty great. Not as good as the evil Lois one from 17, but still some solid Silver Age cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If it really annoys you, at least you know after this arc they'll have to focus back on Superman with Jon gone. Or honestly, just read Action which Jon doesn't appear in.
    That's what I've been doing, actually. Just been following the storyline online here thanks to the community to keep up. Although I'm not convinced that after this arc the focus will be back on Superman in this title. There's still Bendis' quote from a few months back that Jon was going to be, paraphrase, in every issue going forward. Whether he was just talking this arc or altogether for the foreseeable future, I'm currently unclear. If he's not, I might pick it up back up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's the most silver age middle finger to fans I've ever seen. I have to respect it.
    Seems more like an homage than a middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    He was talking about legion snubbing clark. It is worse since clark is the original superboy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I mean it definitely is telling Superman (and us crusty old fans who want him to inspire the Legion) to suck an egg in a very fun, very silver age way and I respect it for that. I had a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's what I've been doing, actually. Just been following the storyline online here thanks to the community to keep up. Although I'm not convinced that after this arc the focus will be back on Superman in this title. There's still Bendis' quote from a few months back that Jon was going to be, paraphrase, in every issue going forward. Whether he was just talking this arc or altogether for the foreseeable future, I'm currently unclear. If he's not, I might pick it up back up.
    Oh yeah, I remember that quote. Don't know how that would work though, I'll assume he was just talking about up to this arc. Unless there will be backup stories in superman of Jon's adventures or more flashbacks

Oh yeah, I remember that quote. Don't know how that would work though, I'll assume he was just talking about up to this arc. Unless there will be backup stories in superman of Jon's adventures or more flashbacks
    What about the big scandal and jon being superman's son instead of Clark's? There is that plotline. Also, i believe someone saw superman and jon enter lois's apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean it definitely is telling Superman (and us crusty old fans who want him to inspire the Legion) to suck an egg in a very fun, very silver age way and I respect it for that. I had a good laugh.
    AH! My bad!

Or Jon could disappear into the future on one panel and return the next one.

Jon joining the Legion doesn't mean he's unavailable in the present. It's time travel!

Or Jon could be out of the book going forward (at least a lot). I honestly don't know what Bendis meant with that quote either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it still April Fools' Day, right? 😤

Lol. Whatever i may think of the change, the cover is a good one.

Bleeding Cool is suggesting Luke Fox will be taking over as Batman next summer, more intersting though, apparently this was Bendis's choice: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...h-bruce-wayne/

could this mean Bendis is leaving the super books for Batman? Or will he be double timing?