Page 255 of 613 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I missed that. What happened?
    There was a story a couple years back where Bane found evidence that Thomas Wayne was his real father. He tried to go straight as an anti-hero while Batman investigates it. Needless to say it turned out to be fake, and Bane reverted to villainy but I always thought the idea had potential.

BANNED

Superman#6 cover by Adam Hughes

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I think I have have a possible answer. Zaar's got white skin and red eyes... and I made this observation the first time I saw him but just dismissed it...

He looks like a scarred-up version of "the Cleric" from the "Exile" storyline. And with the Cleric (assuming he is the same as before) being a missionary who comes to Krypton... maybe he's the father of Zaar?

Attachment 73755
    Bendis has been making my day with possible references like Perry asking about cancer. I don't normally try to predict the stories but if we're right on guessing Cleric and Zaar that would just be the ultimate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I missed that. What happened?
    Vordan has given the brief version, I'll give the detailed one.
    Basically back in Bane of the Demon series Bane discovered that one of 4 men could be his father.
    The Swiss( Azrael villain Carlton Lehah/Beiss)
    A local revolutionary
    A foreign mercenary ( Edmund Dorrance/King Snake)
    A philanthrophic North American Doctor ( Thomas Wayne)

Bane dropped the first 2 leads and then in Gotham Knights followed upon the fourth one. He really became convinced that Thomas Wayne was his father but ofcourse it didn't pan out. It was however enough to curb his villainous tendencies and when in the same series he discovered that Dorrance (a bad guy) was his father he was really dissapointed and betrayed him to help Batman.

Then Bane randomly became a villain again during the Infinite Crisis era but Simone in her Secret Six book ignored the IC years in favor of the anti-hero development which wasn't hard as Bane was barely used anyway. Then New 52 happened.

BC has a look at the new Jon on the Superman #8 cover. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...18-11-14/#main

Looks pretty much exactly like that concept sketch that floated around some months ago. Can't tell if he has a scar because of the heat vision effect.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Jon's new look

(whoops, Sacred beat me to it by seconds)

Lol, almost exactly at the same time. Jinx!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lol, almost exactly at the same time. Jinx!
    As they say on another forum I frequent: "Ninj'd"

Spectacular Member

Smh, so now he's turning Jon into Superboy Prime lol smh.......I'm sooooo over Bendis direction. The return of the trunks, this foolishness, it's gonna DC years to fix this when it's over.

Haha, not as familiar with that one, but apt. So...you think this is gonna last? I still can't help but think this is temporary. He looks full blown teenager here. But then again, it depends on the artist. Maybe he is just intended to be one year older.

Probably permenent unfortunately. Really bad idea to age him up so soon. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the begining of the end for Jon.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Chris Kent II, lol.

BANNED

Haha, not as familiar with that one, but apt. So...you think this is gonna last? I still can't help but think this is temporary. He looks full blown teenager here. But then again, it depends on the artist. Maybe he is just intended to be one year older.
    If a year has passed for him, surely Damien's now...14? Will that be acknowledged in his own books?

As for it being permanent...depends, perhaps the plan is to do some freaky situation where Conner is in a younger body but has the experianced mindset and Jon is the adolescent with a mature body?

That's assuming they meet up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Chris Kent II, lol.
    He'll be Nightwing before you know it
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-16-2018 at 10:58 AM.

I still see something like this as the ultimate resolution:
    As Doomsday Clock nears its end, some titles have crossover issues. Superman will be among them. All things with the Superman/Jor-El situation come to a head when Jor-El finds a way to use his Mr. Oz mojo against Manhattan. The changes he made to Superman's history are altered, and Jor-El shares a goodbye with his son as he's transported back to the moment of Krypton's destruction with Lara. He dies with her happily. Superman awakens as if from a dream, and finds that Jon is 10-11 again, and that Jonathan and Martha are alive. Like Reborn he has fleeting memories of something odd that had occurred, but at the same time in general this is his correct like and history.

Timeline changes within a couple years of each other? Yes. Will it make things more confusing? Yes. Will they attempt to streamline it again elsewhere? Probably (Crisis). Will it help? Probably not, it'll just remain confusing and you press forward.

I still see something like this as the ultimate resolution:
    As Doomsday Clock nears its end, some titles have crossover issues. Superman will be among them. All things with the Superman/Jor-El situation come to a head when Jor-El finds a way to use his Mr. Oz mojo against Manhattan. The changes he made to Superman's history are altered, and Jor-El shares a goodbye with his son as he's transported back to the moment of Krypton's destruction with Lara. He dies with her happily. Superman awakens as if from a dream, and finds that Jon is 10-11 again, and that Jonathan and Martha are alive. Like Reborn he has fleeting memories of something odd that had occurred, but at the same time in general this is his correct like and history.

Timeline changes within a couple years of each other? Yes. Will it make things more confusing? Yes. Will they attempt to streamline it again elsewhere? Probably (Crisis). Will it help? Probably not, it'll just remain confusing and you press forward.
    I still think that its just as likely that this whole run is taking place after Doomsday Clock. Doomsday Clock will answer why Jor El is hanging around and no one bats and eye when he offers to take Jon on a field trip.