Page 392 of 613 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    To hell with the rest of it!

Kate Spencer is back!

You need to start getting excited, motherf**kers!!!!
    Someone didn't follow the Green Arrow Rebirth series...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Someone didn't follow the Green Arrow Rebirth series...
    Was it me?

I trade wait, and last semester I fell behind and haven't caught up yet.

So Kate returned in Arrow, huh? Hell yeah. I'll have to see how many trades behind I am.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1013
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by FRANK QUITELY
    Metropolis is in total lockdown, and while everyone is busy dealing with the impossible threat of Leviathan’s complete takeover, a mysterious antihero called Thorn has decided to wreak havoc on the invisible empire! Witness the return of Rose and Thorn, the most dangerous woman in the DC Universe—and if you’ve never heard of her, it’s only because she is that good. All this, plus a major EVENT LEVIATHAN revelation! But why wasn’t it in the main series?
    Plus, the invisible mafia held a death grip on the Metropolis underworld…until Lex Luthor visits their criminal competition!
    ON SALE 07.24.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T

SUPERMAN #13
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Superman, intergalactic hero! A major chapter in the galaxy-spanning “Unity Saga” begins as Superman reluctantly takes the lead in a quest for peace bigger than he has ever tried before. It’s Superman, Superboy, Supergirl and a cast of thousands in a fight to keep the universe intact. But it’s this issue’s final page that will have fans everywhere talking. It’s a moment almost a thousand years in the making…
    Deadly plans, murderous schemes and evil dealings. Each of Lex Luthor’s offers means doom for the heroes. So why is Lex now talking to Lois Lane?
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

YOUNG JUSTICE #7
    art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    Young Justice—lost in the Multiverse! After the explosive conclusion to their Gemworld adventure, the team is having a tough time finding their way back to their Earth. No, we can’t tell you where they end up, but rest assured, you will be surprised! But as exciting as all that is, we have bigger problems to deal with as Tim Drake is about to do something he has only done...lots of times before. He is about to announce his new alias...a new superhero name. A Young Justice name. And this time, it’s permanent. Like, forever.
    ON SALE 07.03.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by JASON FABOK
    “The Detectives”! EVENT LEVIATHAN, the new miniseries by the award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, continues! As the mystery of Leviathan continues to rock the very foundations of the DC Universe, the world’s greatest detectives gather for the first time anywhere to solve the mystery before it’s too late! Lois Lane leads Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, the Question and a couple of genuine guest sleuths in the search for who Leviathan is and how their plans have already unfolded. This issue also guest-stars Red Hood, Batgirl and more!
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 2 of 6 | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ACTION COMICS #1013
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by FRANK QUITELY
    Metropolis is in total lockdown, and while everyone is busy dealing with the impossible threat of Leviathan’s complete takeover, a mysterious antihero called Thorn has decided to wreak havoc on the invisible empire! Witness the return of Rose and Thorn, the most dangerous woman in the DC Universe—and if you’ve never heard of her, it’s only because she is that good. All this, plus a major EVENT LEVIATHAN revelation! But why wasn’t it in the main series?
    Plus, the invisible mafia held a death grip on the Metropolis underworld…until Lex Luthor visits their criminal competition!
    ON SALE 07.24.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

SUPERMAN #13
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Superman, intergalactic hero! A major chapter in the galaxy-spanning “Unity Saga” begins as Superman reluctantly takes the lead in a quest for peace bigger than he has ever tried before. It’s Superman, Superboy, Supergirl and a cast of thousands in a fight to keep the universe intact. But it’s this issue’s final page that will have fans everywhere talking. It’s a moment almost a thousand years in the making…
    Deadly plans, murderous schemes and evil dealings. Each of Lex Luthor’s offers means doom for the heroes. So why is Lex now talking to Lois Lane?
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

YOUNG JUSTICE #7
    art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    Young Justice—lost in the Multiverse! After the explosive conclusion to their Gemworld adventure, the team is having a tough time finding their way back to their Earth. No, we can’t tell you where they end up, but rest assured, you will be surprised! But as exciting as all that is, we have bigger problems to deal with as Tim Drake is about to do something he has only done...lots of times before. He is about to announce his new alias...a new superhero name. A Young Justice name. And this time, it’s permanent. Like, forever.
    ON SALE 07.03.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by JASON FABOK
    “The Detectives”! EVENT LEVIATHAN, the new miniseries by the award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, continues! As the mystery of Leviathan continues to rock the very foundations of the DC Universe, the world’s greatest detectives gather for the first time anywhere to solve the mystery before it’s too late! Lois Lane leads Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, the Question and a couple of genuine guest sleuths in the search for who Leviathan is and how their plans have already unfolded. This issue also guest-stars Red Hood, Batgirl and more!
    ON SALE 07.10.19
    $3.99 US | 2 of 6 | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    Superman #13, a thousand years in the making. Hhhhhmmm, I wonder sarcastically if it's Legion we're going to see.

Am I reading that correctly? Tim is changing name from Robin.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm really curious what Lex is going to give Lois, you guys think that will have to do with levithan or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm really curious what Lex is going to give Lois, you guys think that will have to do with levithan or something else?
    It ties in with the recent JL issue. Lex is in a lot of the comics in July solicitations recruiting people.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 04-12-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A way to de-age Jon. It's the only thing I can think of that Lex could give Lois that might she actually consider accepting it.

Lex showing up bearing gifts for villains throuhgout the DCU sounds an awful lot like Neron in the lead up to Underworld Unleashed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    It ties in with the recent JL issue. Lex is in a lot of the comics in July solicitations recruiting people.
    I'm aware of that and am caught up with that run, but I'm wondering what he specifically offers Lois.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    A way to de-age Jon. It's the only thing I can think of that Lex could give Lois that might she actually consider accepting it.
    I thought of that, bu he shouldn't even know Jon is aged up at this point.

I'm aware of that and am caught up with that run, but I'm wondering what he specifically offers Lois.

I thought of that, bu he shouldn't even know Jon is aged up at this point.
    The only thing that comes to mind is Lex offers her the world. We know what world she ends up on, and she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lex showing up bearing gifts for villains throuhgout the DCU sounds an awful lot like Neron in the lead up to Underworld Unleashed.
    I'm more reminded of Infinite Crisis with the setup for the Secret Society, but that might be a more apt comparison.

I really hope Bendis isn’t writing LoSH personally. That’s way too many books for one person, and the Legion on its own is an insane workload. DC would be idiotic to put so many books under Bendis’ control. He’s stretched pretty thin as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really hope Bendis isn’t writing LoSH personally. That’s way too many books for one person, and the Legion on its own is an insane workload. DC would be idiotic to put so many books under Bendis’ control. He’s stretched pretty thin as it is.
    I think he’s been writing it since this fall. If it is really with Ryan Sook he’s apparently been working on it since he finished Action Comics 1006.

So does anyone else think the Lex/Lois conversation is the one we saw teased in Action 1003?
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Arrow

I have a feeling this event is going to fail sales wise. I don't know why other than the fact it just doesn't look interesting to me. I'm far more excited for the upcoming Venom, Spider-Man and even Batman events (in spite of King) than I am for Leviathan. Plus Leviathan looks like a Dr. Doom ripoff to me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-12-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sook drawing LoSH? Damn that would be cool. I dunno though, LoSH is pretty much as far from Bendis’ strengths as a writer as it gets. They’re not street-level, they’re not normal teens, it just doesn’t seem a good fit. But I guess you’re probably right. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong but I did not enjoy his GotG run so I’m very nervous about this. The last thing LoSH needs right now is another flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I have a feeling this event is going to fail sales wise. I don't know why other than the fact it just doesn't look interesting to me. I'm far more excited for the upcoming Venom, Spider-Man and even Batman events (in spite of King) than I am for Leviathan.
    Competition is going to brutal no doubt about it and Bendis will need to be on his A-game but I’m way more interested in Leviathan personally than any of the other events you mentioned. King is going to be hurt by his poor performance in HiC, and with all due respect to Daniel, Maleev is in a whole ‘nother class art wise. Don’t really have any interest in Marvel events personally, but it will be interesting to see if they sell well.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-12-2019 at 09:24 PM.