Page 403 of 613 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This will also probably result in him being written out of Action and Superman, at least on the reg. Which will make me extremely happy and royally piss off others.
    Jon won't be forgotten about no matter how hard you wish. He'll probably get his own title, or will be part of a group that will (The Legion)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-01-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Who knows what the far future would hold, but in regard to the immediate future, I didn't say he'd be forgotten, just that if he goes to the Legion he probably wouldn't be a regular in those particular books. Fans of the family dynamic having a strong place within said Superman titles probably aren't going to be any more happy about that than they were the age-up. The family all being together would probably end up being relegated to the occaisonal thing there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-01-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Just read Bendis' Batgirl/Arrow team-up in Year of the Villain. Really good, first time I've cared for Babs in a while, I think it probably has a lot to do with the continuity references regarding her history, but it does sort of make me OK with the idea she could accept the offer.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just read Bendis' Batgirl/Arrow team-up in Year of the Villain. Really good, first time I've cared for Babs in a while, I think it probably has a lot to do with the continuity references regarding her history, but it does sort of make me OK with the idea she could accept the offer.
    I like Babs, but she hasn't had much good stories lately. Her book always feels like it never matters because DC never puts their big writers on it. hopefully Bendis can do something big with her.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-01-2019 at 03:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I like Babs, but she hasn't had much good stories.
    She used to have...when she was in the chair, mind you, she had to share the spotlight with others to have those stories.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She used to have...when she was in the chair, mind you, she had to share the spotlight with others to have those stories.
    I meant, during rebirth, my bad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, yes. Sarcasm. And not very good sarcasm either. Thank you for showing your pettiness and lack of understanding defining character traits.
    “TT” The fact that you think that sentence lacked “defining character traits” is truly laughable.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Who knows what the far future would hold, but in regard to the immediate future, I didn't say he'd be forgotten, just that if he goes to the Legion he probably wouldn't be a regular in those particular books. Fans of the family dynamic having a strong place within said Superman titles probably aren't going to be any more happy about that than they were the age-up. The family all being together would probably end up being relegated to the occaisonal thing there.
    Family dynamics is dead anyways. unless, it's flashback moments from other writers. for instance, snyder's superman and jon moment in justice league issue . Bendis's superfamily is'nt that great.so,i think it's better he focuses on things he is passionate about and invested in. At this point, i want someone else to give jon a try. I don't care, if he is not in main titles as long as he is given another title to star in with another writer.As for lois, i will be looking forward to her title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Family dynamics is dead anyways. unless, it's flashback moments from other writers. for instance, snyder's superman and jon moment in justice league issue . Bendis's superfamily is'nt that great.so,i think it's better he focuses on things he is passionate about and invested in. At this point, i want someone else to give jon a try. I don't care, if he is not in main titles as long as he is given another title to star in with another writer.As for lois, i will be looking forward to her title.
    I agree. I also want other writer for Jon.

I do not have so much problem with Jon age up and I even like Jon' s characterization by Bendis, but I do not feel that Bendis stories are very interesting or well written. Then I prefer that another writer write for Jon.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree. I also want other writer for Jon.

I do not have so much problem with Jon age up and I even like Jon' s characterization by Bendis, but I do not feel that Bendis stories are very interesting or well written. Then I prefer that another writer write for Jon.
    I find bendis's jon to be un-energetic and stiff. Jon has always been expressive, even if he was happy-go-lucky. This jon just doesn't give that range. The pa thing just gives doesn't fit. It feels like i am reading young Clark, not jon.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I find bendis's jon to be un-energetic and stiff. Jon has always been expressive, even if he was happy-go-lucky. This jon just doesn't give that range. The pa thing just gives doesn't fit. It feels like i am reading young Clark, not jon.
    Yeah I prefer Jon calling Lois and Clark, Mom and Dad. As someone who grew up in the Midwest I haven’t met anyone who calls their parents “Ma & Pa” out here. That’s a Southern thing imo.

I agree with you about the energetic aspect of Jon, but part of that can be chalked up to him being older and more mature (even though again I’m not a fan of the age up).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I prefer Jon calling Lois and Clark, Mom and Dad. As someone who grew up in the Midwest I haven’t met anyone who calls their parents “Ma & Pa” out here. That’s a Southern thing imo.

I agree with you about the energetic aspect of Jon, but part of that can be chalked up to him being older and more mature (even though again I’m not a fan of the age up).
    I from Georgia and I don't call my parents ma and pa. I call them mom and dad. Don't know what region calls them ma and pa. The only place I can think anyone would say that would be where Bendis grew up. Anyone know?

I'm also not a fan of the age up. If he was to be aged up, it would've been Damian's age, 13-14.

I guess none of you know any Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I from Georgia and I don't call my parents ma and pa. I call them mom and dad. Don't know what region calls them ma and pa. The only place I can think anyone would say that would be where Bendis grew up. Anyone know?

I'm also not a fan of the age up. If he was to be aged up, it would've been Damian's age, 13-14.
    Did Clark call them “Ma and Pa” Pre-Crisis? Because it might just have been Byrne doing that stereotypical East Coast attitude where civilization ends at the Appalacians and then starts back up at the Rockies with everything in between just being idiotic rednecks who marry their cousins and drink moonshine at age 3 lol. Yeah I honestly think having just lost one year would’ve been fine and you could still tell this same story. But I’m still holding on to the belief it will get undone by the end, Bendis is usually pretty good at restoring the status quo at the end of his runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I guess none of you know any Hispanic.
    Do Hispanics call their parents that in your experience? I had a heavy Hispanic population where I grew up and most of them called their parents Mom and Dad too. A few called them Mama and Papa but never Ma and Pa in my experience. Of course most of them weren’t very good at Spanish either lol.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-01-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did Clark call them “Ma and Pa” Pre-Crisis?
    Yeah, all the time.