Page 496 of 613 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    I'll take the new 52 suit over that red underwear garbage any day of the week.
    That is the one of the only things I'll agree on in regards to the New 52. I had no idea how big of a deal the trunks were to people until they were gone and suddenly everyone was pissed.

As for Jon's...second...new look...I like it. It's, obviously, not the look for him that I'd prefer. But I think the costume looks good.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That is the one of the only things I'll agree on in regards to the New 52. I had no idea how big of a deal the trunks were to people until they were gone and suddenly everyone was pissed.

As for Jon's...second...new look...I like it. It's, obviously, not the look for him that I'd prefer. But I think the costume looks good.
    I don't understand the logic behind wanting trunks. I have said this before and say it again clark hasn't been really showcasing his strong man side or grit that often. So, why do people care about the trunks? It just an accessory now. It has no meaning. It can and should be changed. Otherwise it should have a meaning, A significance emotional, symbolic or functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    *Shrugs* if you say so.
    And I pretty strongly disagree on it looking "bulkier" by any stretch of the imagination. Looks like athletic "under armor" more than actual armor to me.
    It doesn't look like armor to me either but it does look really padded, which is bulky just in a different mean. Looks like something the CW designed. Obviously it depends on the artist, as you could have the New 52 suit looking really streamlined, or looking like full blown plate armor. But I'd argue outside the earliest days, it ended up being drawn more the former overall. But the way Jon's new costume been drawn to date, the huge shoulder pads and straps, the big gauntlets and knee guards, its definitely more cumbersome than the New 52 suit was eventually generally drawn to my eye. Maybe that changes with time.

Yeah you're kind of a freak like that.

Kidding! You know I love ya, man!
    Haha, I know, I know. I think it was once Rocafort starting drawing it though that I was sold and it was just never an issue at all from that point forward. I think that pretty much set a standard where before you had monstrosities where otherwise good artists, like Gene Ha made it look like he was decked out in full heavy armor like John Henry.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-20-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Haha, I know, I know. I think it was once Rocafort starting drawing it though that I was sold and it was just never an issue at all from that point forward. I think that pretty much set a standard where before you had monstrosities where otherwise good artists, like Gene Ha made it look like he was decked out in full heavy armor like John Henry.
    Rocafort did do a good job with that mess. Some others did too, like Fabok. But the design itself, with all the contradictory lines.....speaking as a (former) graphic artist it was a poor design. Like, objectively. Too many inconsistencies in there for me to think it was a good design.

Im not even getting into whether it worked for Clark specifically, or the thematics of the high collar or any of that crap. I'm just looking at the work itself.

Its cool that you like it though. Somebody had to!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It doesn't look like armor to me either but it does look really padded, which is bulky just in a different mean. Looks like something the CW designed. Obviously it depends on the artist, as you could have the New 52 suit looking really streamlined, or looking like full blown plate armor. But I'd argue outside the earliest days, it ended up being drawn more the former overall. But the way Jon's new costume been drawn to date, the huge shoulder pads and straps, the big gauntlets and knee guards, its definitely more cumbersome than the New 52 suit was eventually generally drawn to my eye. Maybe that changes with time.
    Oh, you're talking about his current suit from Jor-El and not the new Legion one that I posted. In that case, yeah. It's pretty intentionally made to be bulky and padded, and it's even called armor.

I'm talking about his new Legion suit. That new joint is straight fire.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant. I noticed there was a new cover but honestly all I noticed was the different S, but I didn't see a decent sized version. Didn't realize the whole design is new.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This is jon's new look.

I like the S-shield. I’m a firm believer that every member of the Super-Family should have their own styled S-shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like the S-shield. I’m a firm believer that every member of the Super-Family should have their own styled S-shield.
    Are you in favor of dumping it as meaning "hope" or being a family crest? Just curious, because those - particularly the latter - tend to make you think of something that should be identical. Also did they ever mesh the "hope" thing with the alphabetic language bit?

Actually, a family crest can have various designs, as long as some similar iconography is shared. Usually, the initial one would be only worn by the leader of the family.

So, each other Super-character having his own "S" would work in a family crest case, as long as The El would wear the actual S-Crest of the El-Family, I guess.

Jon is still wearing reborn suit belt or something close to it. That's all i have to say about the new costume that is good. Other than that,i genuinely feel this is the guy that's going to be the new superman. They are setting him up as the new man of tomorrow. I want superintelligence and superman robots back in the game . I hope we get the most bizarre wierd out there adventures.
    I still wish jon got to have his sword. A superman sword for the new superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-21-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is jon's new look.
    That is the best “Super” costume I’ve seen in comics!
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 10-21-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Are you in favor of dumping it as meaning "hope" or being a family crest? Just curious, because those - particularly the latter - tend to make you think of something that should be identical. Also did they ever mesh the "hope" thing with the alphabetic language bit?
    The way it's been presented in Bendis' run so far is the way I've come to see it: it's grown to be recognized as the symbol of the "House of Superman" before it's known for "hope" or the House of El. The House of El meant something in its own right on Krypton, but do to the number and scale of Superman's deeds, it's now more associated with him than a nearly dead house from a dead world.

So when you style it to fit a member of the family it keeps that idea because "S" means hope. It's why Kal Kent, Superman from DC One Million, has his S written in what his era's Earth uses for the letter.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Bendis Tapes - Clark Kent Never, Superman Forever?

5G soft confirm in there.

Pretty in depth convo about the discarding of the identity. I particularly like the case that Bendis' makes for it when he says that Clark coming to the big city at 20 something to prove himself is a much different person than Clark as a husband, father, and icon looking at the next step in life. That right there is what I needed to hear basically verbatim. I needed to hear that this story only works for this guy because he's at where he's at as a person.

The United Plates in the modern day is going to continue to be a large part of the equation for Clark.

Also, Jon in the Legion stuff, and hints to some big things down the line. The Legion will be using new reader friendly in universe pop up tags for everything in the world. So you'll know who is who, and you'll know a bit about them. And apparently they Legion members will back each other's tags for fun.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-21-2019 at 09:40 AM.