Page 352 of 613 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    You want Jon to be an adult instead of a teenager, but there are a lot of adult superheroes. It would be worse for Jon to become an adult.

Jon wouldn't be considered Deku. In anime, Teen Jon would be considered a hot guy (animes for girls have characters who looks like Jon and these are considered hot).
    No, i want jon to be an adult because there is that or a teen. i choose adult 'Superman' because i am sick of teen heroes and i want to atleast get the 'jon kent Superman'. There are a lot of adults because that was the default format until dick Grayson came along. Now, that is not the case there is atleast 3 generation of teen heroes in DC, without any kids.it is Comparable or more than the number of adults.that shouldn't be the case. Adulthood should still be more prominent and larger in numbers than teens or especially kids for ethical reasons.
    As an adult Jon wouldn't be hero in training, and in Clark's shadow.Jon can be Someone who is comparable in stature to Clark. But, someone who has not had the opportunity to be the hero Clark is. So, there are things to look forward to as a jon fan. I would get to see Jon be different kind of 'Superman' . 'Superman' will always trump 'Superboy', 'Superteen'... Etc
    Shoujo you mean. I guess i will take your word for it. I haven't read any shoujo.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-18-2019 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Hmm, with this Jon talk, I think one of my questions for Bendis AMA (if it's not asked already) is gonna be if Bendis has any plans for Jon outside of the Superman books e.g LoS or a solo.
    That's a good one.

I want to ask if we'll see a more detailed look at his time away, like a Jon Kent: Lost in Space series. Seems like an idea that'd be perfect for Wonder Comics.

I'd also like to know whether there are is any missing story between Jor El's last appearance in Action Comics and Man of Steel, and if so if we will see it explored anywhere.

I'm trying to come up with a few others that are a little more subtle about the ongoing direction of the books. For instance, I'd like him to address whether or not the rumors of Lois' cheating will be addressed directly by Lois or if they are only going to be a continuing issue for Clark to deal with going forward. Or whether we will see some form of the old triangle for two return.

I've also never really used Reddit so, how do AMA's work? Do you only get to submit one question?

BANNED

Just ask the standard question. Betty or Veronica?

Well, the May solicits just leaked on Bleeding Cool. Couple of huge spoilers! Text is a little hard to read in the image, but is legible at the link. spoilers:
    Jimmy Olsen series by Matt Fraction and Steve Lieber and Lois Lane series by Greg Rucka and Mike Perkins both coming in June spinning out of the Leviathan Rising Special. And Sam Lane appears to not be long for this world per Action 1011 solicit. Naomi looks to be a lost member of the Legion, and Superman makes a big choice in Superman 11.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...07838720_n.jpg

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...315904_n/#main

Attachment 78662
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Thanks for the info Yoda

spoilers:
    I'm a little worried about where things are heading for Lois and Clark, but if something has happened to Sam, I guess this finally verifies Doomsday Clock is set before Bendis' run, because Sam is still alive in that
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for the info Yoda

spoilers:
    I'm a little worried about where things are heading for Lois and Clark, but if something has happened to Sam, I guess this finally verifies Doomsday Clock is set before Bendis' run, because Sam is still alive in that
    end of spoilers
    I didn't even pick up on that but:

tenor.jpg

Far more hopeful he's just incapacitated or his branch is just completely dismantled making him powerless from a military standpoint. In no way shape or form should he be killed off again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Far more hopeful he's just incapacitated or his branch is just completely dismantled making him powerless from a military standpoint. In no way shape or form should he be killed off again.
    Yeah. Solicits need to be read with a massive grain of salt. Superman ones especially lately.

BANNED

Now that I've calmed down a bit (was kind of freaking out over in the Clois thread), I definitely think we're going to get the most out of how other writers perceive the "modern marriage" approach to Lois and Clark. Catwoman already tells the tale of a more conventionally seperated pairing, so it makes sense for the Lois book to offer up something different, and it'll take the weight off of Bendis if he decides to have issues without Lois (even if she appears in later chapters of a story that takes months), as now she'll no longer be out of focus every other month. Lois looks to have a healthier presence than she did in 2018

I can’t believe Bendis got spoilers:
    Fraction
    end of spoilers to come back to Big Two comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I can’t believe Bendis got spoilers:
    Fraction
    end of spoilers to come back to Big Two comics.
    When Kelly Sue DeConnick came back for Aquaman, you knew he wouldn't be far behind. I just wish he was teamed with David Aja again for like a spiritual successor to the Hawkguy series.

Bendis sucks at writing Lois, so if this means she’s getting her own book by a writer who understands her and that she’s getting a reduced presence in Clark’s books that are both written by someone who imo clearly doesn’t, then that’s a double win in my book. Hyped about the Jimmy book too.

Cool to see both these books finally happening. In today's comics landscape, I rather doubt either lasts long, but its good to at least try and see what happens. I'm not a big Rucka fan myself though so the Lois one will be on a real short leash with me. His interviews are usually filled with the right words, but his characterizations are largely boring. I'm very curious for Jimmy though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The prophecy as it was foretold is true. The one known as Bendis promised reinforcements, and so he shall deliver.

I can't believe this is actually happening. I can't believe who's writing this! I can't believe how pretty these books are gonna be. For the next 24 hours my vibe is unkillable!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Lol, knew you'd been super-hyped for both these titles for a long time, glad to see them both happening for you.