Page 528 of 546 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8187
  1. #7906
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    I really need to get to the LCS; haven't been since Legion #1 (I dont wanna think about how much the stack is gonna cost after a few months away). But I've been wondering about how Bendis would handle Valor. It seems that Clark didn't put him in the Zone, but it's Lar; you've gotta have that "S" connection. So making him a descendant of House El seems as viable as anything else.

    There's a few things to consider though, and maybe there's answers in issue 2 or 3 that I haven't read. But how detailed is the Legion's historical data? They obviously know enough to show up on Unity Day at the right time and place (give or take 30 minutes), but is it possible they know Lar is related to the El's in some way but don't know whether it's through Conner, Clark, or Kara?

    What if Lar isn't an El at all? Bendis has been known to throw real wild stuff out there on occasion so what if Lar is actually a Luthor, or a Wayne....or even a Bizarro? A thousand years can change a whole lot after all. And everyone is assuming Lar is related to the Supers in some way so it'd be quite a twist if he turned out to be Damian's descendant. Triplicate Girl could've meant to finish that sentence with "....your best friend's descendant."

    Dont mind me, I'm just spitballing here without even having read the last two issues.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #7907
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But how detailed is the Legion's historical data? They obviously know enough to show up on Unity Day at the right time and place (give or take 30 minutes), but is it possible they know Lar is related to the El's in some way but don't know whether it's through Conner, Clark, or Kara?
    That's possible. But I will say that given the fact that Rose (someone who lived it all) is there, she may have an idea. And so far the Legion seems to be shown to know the events of the 20th and 21st centuries with near perfect accuracy. There's something dealing with Damian that they're aware of in issue 3.

    Triplicate Girl could've meant to finish that sentence with "....your best friend's descendant."
    Before Mon leaves he asks Jon "who do I looks like". In the scene he doesn't actually pay Damian any attention even though Damian is a few feet from him.

    I'm reminded of the old Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes issue (Superboy issue 217) where Clark first meets Laurel Kent. She similarly runs away from Clark multiple times, and Clark is similarly befuddled as to why. We later learn that she's his direct descendant, and Clark was attracted to her (yeah, there a super strange mutual attraction going on there) because she looked exactly like Clark's future wife.

    This could be an "Ultimate" version of that, but since Jon's "Lois" (aka the one he's destined to be with) is something we'll likely never see, Mon in stead looks like Jon/Clark?

    It also reminds me of the Elseworlds story Superboy's Legion. In there Clark is found in the 31st century, and eventually he stops wearing the Superboy suit, puts on a Mon-El suit (there is no Mon-El in that story) and goes by Kal-El. Bendis once recommended it for a Legion reading list for new fans, and he did say that he'd be taking inspration from not just the main Legion run (this is shown with Colossal Boy waffling on his name in issue 3 like in the Waid reboot)

    What do you think about Bendis doing the reverse of this story and eventually making Mon-El the 31st century's Superman?
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  3. #7908
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    Yeah, the parallels to Laurel make more sense. Lar being a descendant of the El's is the safer bet anyway, but if Bendis has highlighted those specific stories it seems pretty damn likely this is the case.

    And I'd be fine with Lar being the Superman of the 31st century. In my mind he basically was anyway; that whole post-Crisis Chosen One stuff (....that was post- right?) always felt like a barely concealed "second coming of Superman" to me anyway.

    Man I gotta get to the LCS soon!!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  4. #7909
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,567

    Default

    I had to take a look at Legion 3 to see why it had the other Damian fans in an uproar. No wonder. Bendis calls him "baby Hitler" in it.

    ...Bendis just couldn't stop at ruining Jon, now he's ruining Damian?

  5. #7910
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And I'd be fine with Lar being the Superman of the 31st century. In my mind he basically was anyway; that whole post-Crisis Chosen One stuff (....that was post- right?) always felt like a barely concealed "second coming of Superman" to me anyway.
    You mean back when he was Valor, right? Yeah that was Post-Crisis. Funny enough, Jon has a bunch of Parallels to Valor. The chief among them being the fact that he's credited with starting the United Planets, and the Legion is unambiguously inspired by him.

    I really interested in how their relationship progresses from here because, as we've seen through various covers and sketches, Jon's eventually gonna get a costume that looks almost identical to Mon's. I wonder how we get to that point?

    And remembering back to the Superboy's Legion comic, Clark had a rivalry with Ultra Boy in there. I'm noticing some parallels between Clark in that book and Jon in Bendis'. Both are well-meaning but brash and kind of irresponsible, and both seem to just flat out not listen at times. It's actually a bit uncanny. Mon-El may be taking Ultra Boy's role from that book. Similar to Mon with the makes a point to let Jon know that he knocked out the issue's bad guy first, Ultra Boy gets on Clark's case for saving a planet he was already about to save.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  6. #7911
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Well I'm sorry but that's is merely your point of view, they are neither blood related, adopted or were raised together and to instist so strongly despite it all is a matter of conflation and nothing more. Your not under any obligation to like Jondami but you can't paint those who do as being "idiots" or "revolting" because they don't share your perception of their relationship because the simple fact of the matter is they're not brothers and they themselves clearly don't see them as such.

    Here the thing I actually didn't call anyone homophpbic, I did however give a rather thorough breakdown of why the language being used was bordering on it and why people having such a vitriol take on some harmless fan ship about two (unrelated) boys had some very unfortunate impliciations to it (that they might not be fully aware of) and that it might be helpful for them to stop, examine and reflect on why that is.

    Someone mentioned Nobody/Maya Ducard a girl who literally describes herself as Damian "sister" but I'd imagine if a discussion about shippers of the two or a potential romance between them came up extreme words like "disgusting" "sick" "revolting" "gross" from people who simply didn't care for the idea wouldn't be something we'd be discussing right now (though I guess some shippers of a opposing pair can get a bit extreme).

    And yes I'm aware of Olsen I was just hoping against hope you were referring to a diffrent Jimmy because Christ you've ran this false equivalence about incest into the ground now your wanting to start a comparsion that has pedophilic implications to it?

    Do you not see the optics of this, a gay person comes onto a thread, sees a bunch flammatory language being thrown at a gay pairing, tries to point out why that's a problem and gets a bunch wild takes about incest and now apparently paedophilia, you all seem to pride yourself on how super unhomophobic you are yet don't seem intrested in actually hearing a gay person perspective and don't get why making those disgusting comparsions (which have been used in real life to demonize gay people) might be most apporopriate ground to build your argument on.

    Like I said wasn't expecting the most nuanced take but again... Yikes.
    I am an orphan. I don't have blood related brothers and sister,only cousins. Don't give me that.all you need for two people to share brother-sister or brotherhood is kinship which is'nt sexual, nothing more. Timespent together is irrelevant. Being a hindu, sometimes all it requires is a piece of string for us.That's just how i am brought up.in the east we have different ways of looking at things. Take one piece, luffy and sabo became brothers by sharing a cup of sake. Nobody raises a question. Why? Because they became kins that shared something. Jon and damian share something as well. They share a dream to be as good as their fathers and even beating them. Damian seeks out jon, precisely because of this. He found someone who is like him But, younger, naive, inexperienced.... Etc. So he became his little brother. Someone who can keep his secrets.
    Btw, clark or lois would have no problem adopting damian. Clark has already done it some continuities. Clark was basically a mentor figure to dick as well.

    Jimmy is the similar age as jon , now. He is what? dick's age. He was son figure for superman in many stories. It isn't false equivalence nor did i implie 17 year old dating 21 year old. But, jon will be growing to Jimmy's age in a couple of months. Jimmy would likely stay the same. But, even then it would still be wrong.

    As for maya, i am not particularly into depth of the relationship. But, i would call it wrong if a brother-sister became a couple. Shippers can ship what they want. A character has a history, dynamic, relation with other characters. Anything that does contrdict has a high chance of getting rejected. I would reject any such relationship.

    Dude, i have no problem with gays. I find somethings inappropriate . I don't like jon being in a relationship with legion. Because legion is Clark's friends. I begrudgingly accepted it cause this isn't Clark's friend. The minute that changes. It would be as disgusting as others. The problem with jon is, he is surrounded by family. Especially, people related to his father. Like i said, if people want superbat or jon-dami. A different continuity with different way of portrayal will be acceptable for me. What i would want for jon is a new character and cast. Then i would have no problems with jon dating a another man.

    Other than, i meant no offence. Why would i? I am sorry,If it was inappropriate or offended you.I have no malice.That's precisely the reason it stung a bit. But, that's alright. And not because I pride myself on being non-homophobic or whatever . What people find attractive is their business. But, ofcourse morality still applies.

    Generally, romantic love stories isn't my thing. I have said it many times. I tend to get bored by it. There are many exceptions ofcourse. I like romantic love stories as a side dish not the main course. Same sex or different sex it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2020 at 10:01 PM.

  7. #7912
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You mean back when he was Valor, right? Yeah that was Post-Crisis. Funny enough, Jon has a bunch of Parallels to Valor.
    Yup, that's what I mean. And Jon does have a lot of parallels to Lar. Actually, and my memory is fuzzy on this, but I feel like back in the 90's and early 00's Conner did as well. Not so much with the Legion/UP stuff, but in personality and how they handled their connections to Clark, and the shadow that cast. But it's been a while so I might be off on that one.

    Man I gotta get to the LCS!!!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  8. #7913
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    11,201

    Default

    EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: SUPERMAN #19 – What happens after Superman’s greatest secret is revealed?: https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...t-is-revealed/

  9. #7914
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: SUPERMAN #19 – What happens after Superman’s greatest secret is revealed?: https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...t-is-revealed/
    Well how about that jimmy was a lizard.that is soooo awesome. Well, i like this. Nooooo! I love this. Superman is working for the daily planet. I hope this sticks for a while. This is very interesting. On to Next business, batman becomes Jimmy's assistant. Finally, something creative.

  10. #7915
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    That preview. So good! I would honestly be 100% fine if the next 3-6 issues are just Clark and the people around him figuring out this new normal.

    I maintain that the dynamic between Clark and Superman is the linchpin of this franchise. But Superman revealing his identity has always seemed a viable option for an older, "next phase of life" too. If Bendis can keep this kind of quality up.....it just might actually work as more than an Elseworlds or "Glimpse of the Future" story.

    Honestly one of the things I hate most about the idea of 5G right now is the potential time skip. I want to see this play out.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #7916

    Default

    It is surprising that no one in DP (except Lois) knew that Clark Kent and Superman are the same person. After all, they could recognize him by voice. Superman doesn't seem to change his voice like Bruce does. How did they not know Clark's secret? Even the constantly sudden disappearance of Clark and the appearance of Superman should have puzzled them.

  12. #7917
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    I love it. I don't want to speak too soon but have often felt the reveal should be dealt with more on a street level, gauging people's reaction to finding out Superman and Clark are the same person and seeing him navigate through that minefield for quite a bit before throwing a big monster/The Man for him to battle. I hope Bendis can sustain this warm fuzzy feeling I've got from just those few pages.

    Edit: Jimmy saying Lois had an alien baby sounds so UFO abductiony, lol. While true, I've never looked at it that campy sort of way.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-16-2020 at 12:08 PM.

  13. #7918
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That preview. So good! I would honestly be 100% fine if the next 3-6 issues are just Clark and the people around him figuring out this new normal.

    I maintain that the dynamic between Clark and Superman is the linchpin of this franchise. But Superman revealing his identity has always seemed a viable option for an older, "next phase of life" too. If Bendis can keep this kind of quality up.....it just might actually work as more than an Elseworlds or "Glimpse of the Future" story.

    Honestly one of the things I hate most about the idea of 5G right now is the potential time skip. I want to see this play out.
    I think 5G is wayyy into the future and this will have enough time to develop. The best part for me is, jimmy just acknowledged his silverage wierd transformations. Bendis is turning things around with me. The legion issue was decent and this preview feels great.

  14. #7919
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think 5G is wayyy into the future and this will have enough time to develop. The best part for me is, jimmy just acknowledged his silverage wierd transformations. Bendis is turning things around with me. The legion issue was decent and this preview feels great.
    Hopefully we've got time before 5G so this can indeed play out. But Wonder Woman 750 is supposed to get that ball rolling, so I figure we've only got until summer. That's not very many issues, really. But who knows when 5G will hit, what it'll look like, how it'll impact these titles, or anything? Hopefully Bendis gets to run with this and let it develop naturally, because this is maybe the most exciting thing to happen in the Super books since Morrison's opening arc of Action.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #7920
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Wow.

    In no way shape or form did I see that coming. I was already pretty much sold on the idea from last issue, but I couldn't have called this next level wrinkle.

    And to top it all off, it's just so damn good and comicbook-y. I dig the idea that we'll be keeping the tension on with the lawyers breathing down Parry's neck, Leone (the mob boss) owning the place Superman works a 9 to 5, Clark having new responsibilities with the still forming UP. It's so damn good. I love it.

    Can't wait for this issue, man
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •