Page 529 of 613 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

This issue's shaping up so nicely, it could very well be my favourite issue by Bendis since ever. I'm too excited to read the rest.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    best part for me is, jimmy just acknowledged his silverage wierd transformations.
    I guess you haven't been reading Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book then? It's totally in continuity and leans hard into the silver age weirdness. Last issue was fantastic. And as icing on the cake, it's maybe only the second time (the first being Grant Morrison) ever where I've see a writer make a great case for why Superman is best friends with Jimmy Olsen. It's also some pretty outstanding character work for Jimmy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I have yet to read Jimmy, I think it's the homage to the Silver Age that's probably kept me at bay but I like everything else I guess. It would be nice to see a deeper Jimmy/Superman dynamic that's all too often missing from the main books.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I have yet to read Jimmy, I think it's the homage to the Silver Age that's probably kept me at bay but I like everything else I guess. It would be nice to see a deeper Jimmy/Superman dynamic that's all too often missing from the main books.
    It's that insofar as it firmly acknowledges that as Jimmy's base, and it puts the weird back into the Superman world, but it's genuinely more than that. Fraction's doing something really fascinating with storytelling format and how time moves about in the book. It's crazy and bombastic, and can seem random, but there's actually a pretty solid mystery and character study going on. Like, in this last issue that just came out we get such a great look inside who Jimmy is. It's also just so unashamed of being fun and genuinely laugh out loud funny.

I'd say check out at least 3 issues of it or try the trade when it hits. Couldn't recommend it more
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I will read it, probably once the maxi is done so I can read the whole thing in one sitting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I guess you haven't been reading Fraction's Jimmy Olsen book then? It's totally in continuity and leans hard into the silver age weirdness. Last issue was fantastic. And as icing on the cake, it's maybe only the second time (the first being Grant Morrison) ever where I've see a writer make a great case for why Superman is best friends with Jimmy Olsen. It's also some pretty outstanding character work for Jimmy.
    So, it's already canonised. Thanks for that. unfortunately, i haven't. It's either this or lois for me and i chose lois. Is the book better?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is the book better?
    Depends on what your sensibilities as a reader are. They can't really be judged against one another because both books are doing vastly different things with vastly different goals in mind. For me personally, I'm gonna pick Lois back up once it's all done (but I still buy each single issue just to show support). And the Jimmy book had one issue where it almost lost me, but it pretty quickly got me back and hooked me.

I personally recommend it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    It is surprising that no one in DP (except Lois) knew that Clark Kent and Superman are the same person. After all, they could recognize him by voice. Superman doesn't seem to change his voice like Bruce does. How did they not know Clark's secret? Even the constantly sudden disappearance of Clark and the appearance of Superman should have puzzled them.
    I think he traditionally raises his voice an octave when he's Daily Planet Clark. Part of the disguise.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lex Luthor Reacts to Superman's Identity Reveal in One-Shot First Look: https://www.cbr.com/lex-luthor-super...ns-first-look/

DC's Man of Steel Fights The Brutal Mongul in Superman #20 First Look: https://www.cbr.com/superman-20-figh...ul-first-look/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-20-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So bother Superman and action are going to be action focused the next few months.. :/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So bother Superman and action are going to be action focused the next few months.. :/
    Starting to think the focus on Metropolis in Action made a lot of fans unhappy and that kills me because it tells DC that Superman fans just want big spectacle over character, which I think is not true, but likely the lesson they would take from that data given their history.

Lex took it about as well as expected. Or will he still try and be in denial? I guess there's no point to it now.

I'm kinda sad the Mongul fight is an actual fight. I figured it would be, but I would have loved to see Mongul sit down and actually argue for why the UP is a bad idea.

Those pages are legit, Reis is an art god, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the story, but still.

Ah well, we're getting politician Zod so I suppose it'd be overkill for Mongul to do something similar. Not to mention very out of character for him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I think Dick Grayson would be an excellent co star for a Jimmy Olsen arc... he’d be great dipping his toe back into silver age wierdness. I’d love for him to be under the Super Editors.