Page 506 of 613 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9194

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I'm going to have some real issues with the structure and available clues in this mystery if it turns out to be Mr. Mark no-one-gives-a-f#%k-dude.

But it's not over till it's over, so I'll keep the judgement to a minimum, but boy am I hoping these clues and available suspect list end up making sense for a fair mystery in the end.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm going to have some real issues with the structure and available clues in this mystery if it turns out to be Mr. Mark no-one-gives-a-f#%k-dude.

But it's not over till it's over, so I'll keep the judgement to a minimum, but boy am I hoping these clues and available suspect list end up making sense for a fair mystery in the end.
    It seems like a cheat to me, because the Shaw version hasn't been mentioned really at all but the Kate Spencer version has played a roll so technically "manhunter" has been a suspect. I hope we get a breakdown of the clues that purport to point to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It seems like a cheat to me, because the Shaw version hasn't been mentioned really at all but the Kate Spencer version has played a roll so technically "manhunter" has been a suspect. I hope we get a breakdown of the clues that purport to point to him.
    It would be a cheat. Straight up. That's just not how you write a solvable mystery. That's like an episode of Scooby Doo or Murder She Wrote laying out a suspect list, clues, and possible motive......and then saying that it was some we've never seen in the story who is tangentially related to one of the suspects.

And yeah the clue breakdown is gonna have to have me feeling mighty dumb to make sense because outside of a grand total of 1 in-story clue, I saw nothing on Kate or Manhunters.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Killing off Sam is a massive waste. And yet another thing that's already been done in recent memory. There was zero point bringing him back in the first place now.

Really at this point the only potential interesting candidate for the Leviathan identity is if its J'onn. Its going to be a Manhunter so he counts in a way. But even then I would agree it was a poorly crafted mystery, pretty much to the same degree HiC was, and it was touted as being more sensical than that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Did you bring any snacks, mom?"

"Hi, Damain, sweetie."

Can't wait to see how Bendis writes Ra's .

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    pretty much to the same degree HiC was, and it was touted as being more sensical than that.
    I disagree because Heroes In Crisis gave you both its killer as a suspect, and his motive within like 3 issues.

If it's anything outside of one of the characters we've already seen taking up the Manhunter identity (in the present or future) then I'll call this poor in its landing.

I'd very much love for this to stick the landing and utilize time travel to its advantage for it's ending in a more succinct way than Heroes in Crisis did.

HiC is a different beast entirely. I can roll with it being a "cute" reveal like Manhunter, even if there are clues that they piece together - that's still cheating - but at least it will be kinda internally consistent.

HiC was more or less completely disinterested with the mystery and the clues didn't lead anywhere because it was basically a deus ex type resolution with the time travel and the cloning and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Did you bring any snacks, mom?"

"Hi, Damain, sweetie."

Can't wait to see how Bendis writes Ra's .
    Ugh. His Damian is painful to read. Is it really too much to ask for him to see how other authors wrote Damian?

BANNED

This event is just as shitty as any other event by Bendis in recent years. It's been mostly just annoying dull repetitive dialogue with occasional sprinkling of pretension to be a espionage thriller narrative. Not good at all and this preview doesn't fill me with hope that it would be a satisfactory final. Guess he thought it was a good idea to attempt to construct a narrative in the vein of usual suspects with superheroes but it falls flat.

Not gonna lie, I was underwhelmed by the reveal of Leviathan's identity.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like a book will be announced later today starring Lois will be continuing the story told in this event.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B4zaT53B...=1n52adlf9mo2z

Still haven't read the issue, but I'm guessing it's just who we've seen predicted for weeks now. I'm not really mad about that, as long as the story has a nice landing. This has been a great event so far regardless and people would have just been mad at bendis if it was a popular character who was levithan, so it's a lose lose situation for Bendis either way.

EDIT: Just read the issue, guess the sequel series will be called spoilers:
    levithan dawn ?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 11-13-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New interview with Bendis about "The Truth": https://www.newsarama.com/47878-rogu...-villains.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New interview with Bendis about "The Truth": https://www.newsarama.com/47878-rogu...-villains.html
    Toyman and Mongul are mentioned so hopefully the other Super-Rogues will be involved as well. Metallo and Manchester Black in particular are who I’m hoping to see. I think Superlad’s(?) guess that Toyman will switch to the heroes side will be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That article also reveals a Superman: Villains one-shot for February, following up on January's Superman: Heroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman