Page 114 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 9194
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That whole thing is really a can of worms. The only thing I know for certain is that Berganza was there well before Didio, and the only thing I can guess is that for whatever reason, it was bigger than just one person kicking him out no matter how much a single person would have intended. There's blame to spread but also a lot of questions that imo, aren't even worth answers as we're able to move forward.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That whole thing is really a can of worms. The only thing I know for certain is that Berganza was there well before Didio, and the only thing I can guess is that for whatever reason, it was bigger than just one person kicking him out no matter how much a single person would have intended. There's blame to spread but also a lot of questions that imo, aren't even worth answers as we're able to move forward.
    Yeah, Berganza is ancient history at this point. I'm glad he's gone for many reasons and he's gone for the right one. Let's just all move on.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

You guys are right. That was too raw, my bad. Let's just continue on before it gets out of hand.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So....Who else thinks Clark may have pulled a " For Tomorrow" with Lois and Jon? I.E., Clark and Lois have a contingency plan in place to protect Jon and it involves Lois taking him to a place that Clark either has no knowledge of or ala " For Tomorrow" made himself forget as to protect them from mind reader baddies or could use them as further leverage against him? That may explain the whole " what happened to Lois and Jon" mystery hinted at in the solicits for MOS.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So....Who else thinks Clark may have pulled a " For Tomorrow" with Lois and Jon? I.E., Clark and Lois have a contingency plan in place to protect Jon and it involves Lois taking him to a place that Clark either has no knowledge of or ala " For Tomorrow" made himself forget as to protect them from mind reader baddies or could use them as further leverage against him? That may explain the whole " what happened to Lois and Jon" mystery hinted at in the solicits for MOS.
    Given what Bendis has said about Lois being braver than most in the DCU, I do suspect her fate in Man of Steel has something to do with putting that belief to the test. Would'nt surprise me if Clark disagrees with the strategy but has to go along with it at Lois' insistence, putting her in the driver's seat.

I feel like this is worse than the Jim Lee designed costume.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Interesting twitter thread for the new Superman editor on what happens to Supergirl https://twitter.com/MartGray/status/984945222642819072

Kara will go through a "profound experience" in Man of Steel and "to be careful what we wish for" in regards to Supergirl needing a ongoing.
    I'm not very keen on the "be careful what you wish for" line...that sounds an awful lot like the baiting tactics Marvel use.

These are not the kind of games DC ought to be playing, especially since a lot of their good will with readers has come from giving us what we want the last three and a half years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Batman being in Superman's space would probably be how Didio remembers things. When you think of the most popular Superman before crisis, you'd have a Superman who would probably hold a sleepover in the bat cave.
    LOL, that's true.. though he also seems to have heralded the idea of taking the opposite track as Marvel, ie: putting DC characters with Mortal Kombat instead of Capcom or Street Fighter (who I feel they'd be better suited with). Perhaps it was his way of pushing back against the "too clean" narrative DC had for awhile. Though, that may have been a WB edict, too.

Personally those forty years were the best of superhero comics, sometimes of the medium in general. The event thing was great to me because speaking of lasting, those were creators who could keep the dice rolling. Which excites me about Bendis. He doesn't stay drawing from that well of meta, so his stories don't dry up when he's said all he thinks (usually like 12-24 issues worth) and we frequently end up over 50 issues.
    I'm not saying there's nothing good from that era - I'm just saying that pushing that much for events didn't allow them to do the same kinds of world-building and character stuff as they'd done before (the stuff that was truly the meat of their stories). Those smaller stories became fewer and more far between, and that not only lessens variety for readers, it can burn out creators (one of the things he says was the case in 1999 when much of the Triangle group left). If they'd pushed a bit but not so much/constantly as they did, it would have led to better stories and arcs for Superman, imo, which may have led to Superman's 90's uptick lasting longer.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    If this is Bendis's way of get rid of Lois and Jon without rebooting... I really underestimated Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    LOL, that's true.. though he also seems to have heralded the idea of taking the opposite track as Marvel, ie: putting DC characters with Mortal Kombat instead of Capcom or Street Fighter (who I feel they'd be better suited with). Perhaps it was his way of pushing back against the "too clean" narrative DC had for awhile. Though, that may have been a WB edict, too.
    I'm not sure how much authority Didio has with larger media stuff, so I'd imagine that someone at WB had to, at the very least, approve of the idea and the pitch and facilitate between DC and Netherrealm.

Interactions between companies and company holdings involving the sharing of an IP is one of the things where my business education is sorely lacking; I focus on small business stuff and this is a level of "corporate" I only have a passing familiarity with.

But I actually think Netherrealm was a good fit for DC; Mortal Kombat is far more "out there" than other fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken. I mean, you've got aliens, magic, alternate realities (or whatever the realms are), cyborg ninjas......it's much more high concept than its peers, and that's rather fitting for DC. Hell, it's not hard to imagine that the MK universe exists in DC's multiverse somewhere, and playing characters like Sub-Zero, you'd almost think they were actual DC characters if you didn't know any better. Of course, I say the same thing about Hellboy.....but I think DC should try to buy that entire property from Mignolia anyway.

Of course, the ultra-violence that Mortal Kombat made its name with, is well beyond the scope of DC's roster, but the studio respected that; I haven't seen Injustice Superman rip anyone's spine out of their mouth for example.

I dunno, I'm still waiting for a uber-immersive superhero RPG, like Skyrim but with capes. One that game happens.....I don't think I'll ever have to buy another video game again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If this is Bendis's way of get rid of Lois and Jon without rebooting... I really underestimated Brian.
    It's a decent way of keeping them out of everything he's building on and makes us "worry" for their "delicate relationship" in a healthy manner, as Clark will be the one to worry about their whereabouts in addition to carrying on with life as normal at an equally concerned Daily Planet and it's staff. We could also get a "day in the limelight" issue focusing on the dangers Lois and Jon are facing, thus allowing Bendis to display why Lois is the bravest character in the DC universe.

It'll build to a reunion in time to catch up with Doomsday Clock just as it eventually gets back to Clark and Lois.

BANNED

I found this interesting

The final issue of Bendis' Spider-Man run will be partially based on his own recent life and death struggle

https://www.cbr.com/bendis-miles-mor...th-experience/

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not sure how much authority Didio has with larger media stuff, so I'd imagine that someone at WB had to, at the very least, approve of the idea and the pitch and facilitate between DC and Netherrealm.

Interactions between companies and company holdings involving the sharing of an IP is one of the things where my business education is sorely lacking; I focus on small business stuff and this is a level of "corporate" I only have a passing familiarity with.

But I actually think Netherrealm was a good fit for DC; Mortal Kombat is far more "out there" than other fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken. I mean, you've got aliens, magic, alternate realities (or whatever the realms are), cyborg ninjas......it's much more high concept than its peers, and that's rather fitting for DC. Hell, it's not hard to imagine that the MK universe exists in DC's multiverse somewhere, and playing characters like Sub-Zero, you'd almost think they were actual DC characters if you didn't know any better. Of course, I say the same thing about Hellboy.....but I think DC should try to buy that entire property from Mignolia anyway.

Of course, the ultra-violence that Mortal Kombat made its name with, is well beyond the scope of DC's roster, but the studio respected that; I haven't seen Injustice Superman rip anyone's spine out of their mouth for example.

I dunno, I'm still waiting for a uber-immersive superhero RPG, like Skyrim but with capes. One that game happens.....I don't think I'll ever have to buy another video game again.
    Give it time. And the comics basically have him do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Yeah, that's why I mentioned a WB edict. I'm not sure. I do find it interesting that a lot of these changes started happening after Didio took over. MK's rep is one thing, but it seemed like they were making a lot of decisions to "dirty up" DC's image.

Your point on MK is well-taken, but I actually think DC's top roster would be a better fit with Capcom's smoother/sleeker characters. I also just like SF better, so there's that.. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's a decent way of keeping them out of everything he's building on and makes us "worry" for their "delicate relationship" in a healthy manner, as Clark will be the one to worry about their whereabouts in addition to carrying on with life as normal at an equally concerned Daily Planet and it's staff. We could also get a "day in the limelight" issue focusing on the dangers Lois and Jon are facing, thus allowing Bendis to display why Lois is the bravest character in the DC universe.

It'll build to a reunion in time to catch up with Doomsday Clock just as it eventually gets back to Clark and Lois.
    A bit predictable, but after Bendis' Krypton twist, I can see things go in the most predictable way.