Page 207 of 613 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 9194
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That site is annoying me with the preview pages.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Did anyone check out Clark's desk at the start? First off, I love the idea of opening ever issue with a character's desk. It's a shorthand look into personality and basic idea of that character told largely through visuals. This is probably one of my favorite ideas Bendis has brought with him to Superman. Very inventive. I wonder who's up next?

Few things of note on Clark's desk:

- "Return Bruce's wending gift."

- "Sanctuary improvements"

- Clark has been in contact with Kara since she left, and they're fine.

- "What is the Superman theory?" I wonder if Bendis will do some investigation on the idea in Action Comics?

- Is that an Akira shout out, Bendis? "Tetsuo." Nice!

- Lol "Black Label pitch: Red Tornado Year One"

- "what's the future of Checkmate?" Bendis did say that he'd be doing a lot with the various organizations of DC.

- The Jimmy rent notes are hilarious. I'm already getting more and more of a sense of Jim and that dynamic without him even having all that much to say.

- I love that single little smiley face ball on his desk

Also, "oh look! Tourist!" as a reply to people yelling out "look" and "up in the sky" at least 15 years after Superman's been a thing is the best lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman issue 3 variant cover.

Damn.....

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Now this looks good and I love that Perry is fact checking Supeman's locations. Can't wait for the issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Damn.....

That's one nice variant cover there. That needs to be a poster.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Somehow I over looked these other notes.

- "is KGbeat tied to election hacking." That made me chuckle

- Suicide Slum shelter number at the ready. I like this Clark a lot

- A shout out to Miller's upcoming BL Superman book.

- Bendis' eye appointment

- Lol "go away Trish" I'm digging the implied community at the Planet

- The Mera profile note has me thinking that I'd kind of love to see Clark do an interview with a super person that doesn't know he's Superman.

- Also Hal called (again) and says he'll apparently be "out of town awhile." This along with Aquaman asking if anyone's seen GL in Superman are likely a quite little set-up for Morrison's book where Hal has other lives off world and feels kind of out of place on Earth.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Or Clark would like to rent Shinya Tsukamoto's movie "Tetsuo".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Or Clark would like to rent Shinya Tsukamoto's movie "Tetsuo".
    That's also possible. Bendis is a movie buff, and Tsukamoto's movie's subtitle is "The Iron Man."

Edit: saw trailer....that movie is f%&king nuts lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2018 at 03:46 PM.

That's also super possible if not more likely. Bendis is a movie buff, and Tsukamoto's movie's subtitle is "The Iron Man." Reading up more on it, and it's actually a very fascinating movie that I'm probably gonna check out in the very near future.
    Testuo is very disturbing body horror movie. Watch it at your own risk.

Saw the trailer. Changed my reply. Feel like I've seen enough lol

I'll probably actually watch it though. I did learn that it's only part 1 of a Tetsuo trilogy. Morbid curiosity and a love for film is going to make me watch all them them
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Saw the trailer. Changed my reply. Feel like I've seen enough lol

I'll probably actually watch it though. I did learn that it's only part 1 of a Tetsuo trilogy. Morbid curiosity and a love for film is going to make me watch all them them
    I'll wait your review.

Did anyone check out Clark's desk at the start? First off, I love the idea of opening ever issue with a character's desk. It's a shorthand look into personality and basic idea of that character told largely through visuals. This is probably one of my favorite ideas Bendis has brought with him to Superman. Very inventive. I wonder who's up next?

Few things of note on Clark's desk:

- "Return Bruce's wending gift."

- "Sanctuary improvements"

- Clark has been in contact with Kara since she left, and they're fine.

- "What is the Superman theory?" I wonder if Bendis will do some investigation on the idea in Action Comics?

- Lol "Black Label pitch: Red Tornado Year One"

- "what's the future of Checkmate?" Bendis did say that he'd be doing a lot with the various organizations of DC.

- The Jimmy rent notes are hilarious. I'm already getting more and more of a sense of Jim and that dynamic without him even having all that much to say.

- I love that single little smiley face ball on his desk

Also, "oh look! Tourist!" as a reply to people yelling out "look" and "up in the sky" at least 15 years after Superman's been a thing is the best lol
    Now I'm gonna need to go back and take a closer look at Clark's desk because of your post. *shakes fist at Superlad* I love small details like this though in all seriousness.

Damn.....

That is a beautiful cover.

Adam Hughes' Superman issue #3 variant cover.

Can I be forgiven for thinking that Hughes might eventually start to help out Reis on Superman? Regardless, love the heck out of this cover. The detail of the slightly translucent **** (showing the S), reflection in the glasses, and the BOLD red in the background all make for a great cover.

Older interview from Bendis on Superman and Action (Thursday, July 12th, 2018). Not sure if it was already posted, but put into the context of what we now know, I found a few things that personally interested me.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...-action-comics

"So, this feeling you have in Superman is just big and epic, and it will continue. It’s filled with genuinely original Superman conflicts. I think even in the first issue you see that Martian Manhunter is challenging Superman to do more than he’s done before, as his father kind of needled him in Man of Steel. “Are you doing enough?” Superman’s been doing a lot, but he’s been doing the same thing for a while. Now, things are kind of turning, and he’s being challenged about whether it’s all he could be doing. That will inspire a year-long storyline that will, at the end of the year, get us something we have not seen before in a Superman comic…and I’m excited about it. I think you can tell."

Easily my favorite aspect of Bendis' run the Superman book. He notes the idea that "now, things are kind of turning" leading to Superman seriously rethinking his approach, and I've been wondering if that turning point is this Phantom Zone business and whatever galactic body unleashed it. There's also the entity behind Krypton's destruction in Supergirl, and Bendis is pretty directly involved in that planing and synergy of that book.

"The new Fortress is very classic in that it has all the stuff from the original Fortress of Solitude, but it uses Kryptonian technology and the special energy from the Bermuda Triangle to create a completely different Fortress filled with all kinds of stuff."

I'm wondering if he's being literal with the whole "special energy from the Bermuda Triangle" thing? Like, it's DC so Clark could totally, be it deliberately or not, built his new Fortress in a spot that allows it to tap into some special sh!t beyond it's dope aesthetic. In any case I'm super excited to see the Fortress explored when we can.

"It was very inspired not only by the Legion headquarters—the classic “Great Darkness Saga”—but what Scott Snyder and everyone is doing in JUSTICE LEAGUE with the Hall of Justice. We really wanted to create a Fortress of Solitude that is filled with magical, fun, cool stuff."

He said! He said the thing! He brought up “Great Darkness Saga”--super famous Legion story--while he's writing an arc called "Unity Saga", confirmed by Snyder to be dealing with Legion stuff as a Superman subsidiary, having Superman deal with doing more for the world and possibly having Earth join "the galactic conversation", and the year long saga ending with us getting "something we have not seen before in a Superman comic." I've said it before and I'll shout it again: it's the freakin United Planets showing up in present day! I grow more sure of it ever single issue and interview.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2018 at 10:32 PM.