Page 611 of 613 FirstFirst ... 111511561601607608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 9194

I would have to imagine that if Waid is offered both he'd pick Superman over GL. But that's just based on his extreme love of the character and never having a proper run ever. But realistically who knows what goes through a man's head other than the man himself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Does he only write one book at a time? I am a big fan of how he wrote Hal in his Brave and the Bold.
    I really need to read Birthright though, one of the few major Superman origin retellings I haven't gotten around to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Does he only write one book at a time? I am a big fan of how he wrote Hal in his Brave and the Bold.
    I really need to read Birthright though, one of the few major Superman origin retellings I haven't gotten around to yet.
    Do it, it’s great. I remember Waid being pretty prolific but he’s got a ton of side projects going on. He’s editing Humanoids for example. He’s mainly stuck to writing a single book at Marvel lately but I do think he’ll be open to maybe writing more books at once for DC. He was talking on WB about recognizing the fact that he’s at the twilight phase of his career, and if he wants to do something he has to get it done now or he may never get to cross a project off his list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve enjoyed his cosmic stuff in Superman, and GL actually feels like the perfect cosmic book for him. GLs are space cops and cop stories are something Bendis loves to write.
    His cosmic stuff in Superman is definitely a lot better than his Marvel Cosmic ever was.

I guess he'd probably do a more straightforward procedural GL run than Morrison did.

I’m sorry I just read the new preview for Action Comics and I just got to get this off my chest....
    spoilers:
    Leone is from Earth-3?!?
    end of spoilers

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/18/dc...n-comics-1025/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

An interesting reveal. I was always intrigued with Leone. That whole end of the run though, it just got so buried in the other bad stuff.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Earth-3 or earth bad is where jon went right. I believe this is where things are supposed to tie back into.

Incredible Member

Slightly interested as this might lead them to rescuing a younger Jon from Earth 3 depending on what what of time-space shenanigans might enter into things. I suppose it's possible they asked Bendis to fix this on his way out as part of clearing the deck.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 09-19-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Slightly interested as this might lead them to rescuing a younger Jon from Earth depending on what what of time-space shenanigans might enter into things.
    This should somehow connect with events in the Legion, they also made it clear that big changes are coming for Jon.

Astonishing Member

Man the discussion surrounding Post-Crisis Superman is just always the same damn things marriage this, marriage that, Jon this/Jon that, Kents this/Kents that. There's basically nothing to talk about with this guy because he doesn't do anything. No imagination, no sense of fun, no nothing. Pitiful. Is there ANYTHING else to talk about with this guy, like anything at all?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Man the discussion surrounding Post-Crisis Superman is just always the same damn things marriage this, marriage that, Jon this/Jon that, Kents this/Kents that. There's basically nothing to talk about with this guy because he doesn't do anything. No imagination, no sense of fun, no nothing. Pitiful. Is there ANYTHING else to talk about with this guy, like anything at all?

You forgot trunks or no trunks

Well, Jon is superman for a new generation. /funny
    Seriously, this run was basically set up to make jon superman. Before it got canned. This is them walking that back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    You forgot trunks or no trunks
    Yeah it can't be a good sign that articles of clothing can garner so much ultimately meaningless debate. I remember when DC switched Bruce to the Inc. suit and it garnered some discussion but it wasn't ANYTHING like what you see here about the trunks. Like I remember some pot shots taken at the cod piece but that was it and then eventually he moved on to another suit, and another, and now he's back in the trunks again. With each costume switch the readers just put up less of a fuss about what he was wearing and when he eventually got back the trunks it was like another tuesday. The fact that so much weight is put into what Superman is wearing imo is a sign of the poor condition of the character. Personally I really like the M cut boots and REALLY didn't like Lee boots but it wasn't the end of the world for me. The clothes shouldn't be making the man.

This can't be a healthy sign for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, Jon is superman for a new generation. /funny
    Seriously, this run was basically set up to make jon superman. Before it got canned. This is them walking that back.
    Jon almost feels like an acknowledgement that modern Superman is a dry sort of bland character. Using Jon to try and create a Superman with some level of character outside of pseudo politician that Superman has been bent into. I think they know there are many things the older writers did better but they're also too proud to admit it and kind of fear alienating the modern fans who have grown up with that sort of characterization for Superman.

But when you boil it all down most of what is considered key to modern Superman didn't exist before the late 80's meanwhile much of what is significant about the older versions don't exist anymore. I've been mulling over creating a thread about documenting the history of the Superman franchise issue by issue idk if I'll actually pull the trigger on it though.
    Last edited by The World; 09-19-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Jon almost feels like an acknowledgement that modern Superman is a dry sort of bland character. Using Jon to try and create a Superman with some level of character outside of pseudo politician that Superman has been bent into. I think they know there are many things the older writers did better but they're also too proud to admit it and kind of fear alienating the modern fans who have grown up with that sort of characterization for Superman.

But when you boil it all down most of what is considered key to modern Superman didn't exist before the late 80's meanwhile much of what is significant about the older versions don't exist anymore. I've been mulling over creating a thread about documenting the history of the Superman franchise issue by issue idk if I'll actually pull the trigger on it though.
    I think you should. At the very least it would informative for fans.

Fantastic Member

Can't say i agree!! I think it's refreshing that superman a family man!! I think it's pitful that writers only want to write about characters that are drunks, jump from bed to bed or drug user.