Page 428 of 613 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't read X-Men so I don't get the reference.
    No worries, I got you.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_M

Comics explained detailed breakdown (4 parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8xJyP2xlvA

It's by Bendis in case you didn't know. The wiki should be enough for you to get what I mean, but the videos are there if you find yourself more interested.

Hope that helps follow my crazy lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1015
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’0TT0
    Breakout Wonder Comics hero Naomi makes her Metropolis debut as the teen hero looks to Superman to help her navigate her unexpected new role as a hero in the DC Universe. Hoping to answer the remain questions about her origin, lineage and greater purpose on Earth, Naomi not only gets the attention of the Man of Steel but also Gotham City’s Dark Knight Detective, as Batman takes an interest in her quick rise to prominence.
    ON SALE 09.25.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T

EVENT LEVIATHAN #4
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    card stock variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    Batman versus Superman! Witness the interrogation of the decade as Bruce Wayne tears into Superman to find the missing piece of the Leviathan puzzle they both need. It’s a battle of wits and wills as the greatest detectives in the universe get together to figure out the why and how of Leviathan before it’s too late. And when that doesn’t work…in comes Lois Lane! From the creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, it’s another fully painted noir thriller that will tear a bloody trail through the DC Universe.
    ON SALE 09.11.19
    $3.99 US | 4 OF 6 | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+

https://www.newsarama.com/45611-dc-c...citations.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-14-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

You should post the Lois and jimmy solicits

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You should post the Lois and jimmy solicits
    I'll do.

Mighty Member

Welp, looks like Bendis is doing exactly what I predicted, which is not that exciting. The doors he's supposedly opening for Jon's are the same ones his dad has already walked through years ago. Jon's a better character than this. He should have his own thing, which is exactly what he had before Bendis came in.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Welp, looks like Bendis is doing exactly what I predicted, which is not that exciting. The doors he's supposedly opening for Jon's are the same ones his dad has already walked through years ago. Jon's a better character than this. He should have his own thing, which is exactly what he had before Bendis came in.
    Did he really tho...

Besides what's wrong with (what's starting to look like) a family tradition.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-14-2019 at 04:53 PM.

You know, I like Kudranski and I think he’s great to have as fill-in for Action, but I do not need him to be the main artist on both that and the Punisher. And that cover for Action #1015 makes me wish Marquez was doing Action and not Batman/Superman, but Batman/Superman needs him more otherwise no one would pick it up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Did he really tho...

Besides what's wrong with (what's starting to look like) a family tradition.
    Yes, he did. Super Sons was unlike anything Clark did as a kid.

The problem isn't the family tradition. The problem is forcing the family tradition in a way that gets rid of the popular elements that made Jon awesome. The other problem is potentially turning Jon into a Clark clone with no identity of his own other than son of Superman.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

"There’s also been evidence outside the story that Jonathan might be making a big decision involving the Legion.

When Newsarama talked to Bendis about the Legion debut in Superman #14, we asked about whether newly teenaged Jonathan plays a role in the Legion’s debut.

Bendis avoided answering the question, admitting that “the answer to your question is the spoil at the end of the issue.” "

https://www.newsarama.com/45627-was-...boy-s-age.html

I’m cool with Jon hanging out with the LoSH. We’ll see what happens and why the Legion wants him to join up.

Edit: I realized I was gonna fall into the Jon trap that happens everytime someone complains about about what Bendis is doing with Jon, so I just deleted my reply.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-15-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, he did. Super Sons was unlike anything Clark did as a kid.

The problem isn't the family tradition. The problem is forcing the family tradition in a way that gets rid of the popular elements that made Jon awesome. The other problem is potentially turning Jon into a Clark clone with no identity of his own other than son of Superman.
    That's not true at all. Jon superheroed as a kid with a superhero friend. Clark superheroed as a kid with superhero friends. Hell, Conner superheroed as a kid (chronologically) with friends. The only difference was who said friends were and the settings. So its semantics at best. They weren't breaking any molds that hadn't already been done with Clark or Kon. Jon is just the third in line to do the same thing; he's hardly unique, whether he's 10 or 17. So having Jon team with the same superheroes his father did back in the day...hardly hurts any uniqueness as there wasn't much there to begin with. His only unique quality is being a canon biological son. That's it. And I'm not saying that's not enough reason to like him, like its me questioning why people do. I'm in no position to say what qualifiers need to be in place for someone to be a fan of a character. But its just not true to say Jon was doing anything that Clark never did as a character in his 80 years (or again, Kon either).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-14-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Edit: I realized I was gonna fall into the Jon trap that happens everytime someone complains ind ome expect about what Bendis is doing with Jon, so I just deleted my reply.
    yeah...this is where I'm at, half of this thread is the exact same arguments with small variations. I'm trying to be respectful with others opinions and not engage, and only call things out if they are telling blatant lies.

Feel like now is a good time to reiterate: If you don’t like this there’s a very good chance the stuff with Jon will get undone at the end of Bendis’ time on the Superbooks. He’s good at putting the toys back in the toybox, and I would not be surprised to see him end his LoSH run with them rescuing “past Jon” from the volcano so he can go be with his family while future grown up Jon stays with the Legion full time.

“But wait that doesn’t make sense” well yeah but it’s Bendis lol. He has no problem ignoring the logic of his own plots to do clean up.