Page 210 of 613 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Holy sh!t! Someone look at this ridiculous page! Reis is jumping levels every single issue, man.

Guess we know what Zaar's phantom army looks like.
    And I want to read Bendis's description of what he envisioned in that splash page, to see if he let Reis go crazy with his artwork and imagination or took the Alan Moore approach and went through every detail of every warrior and his mounts. Though I think it was the former or he would have had to deliver a 300 page script to Senhor Reis.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I don't know what I would pay to have every single character get a name and a role in the series. It's a villain goldmine.
    The moment when you realize that what you've always been looking for in life is a Superman shounen manga written by Eiichiro Oda...

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Action 1003 variant cover

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

You know, I'm starting to wonder if AC#1003 is told largely in flashback

Just a feeling I have.

Anyone else think that might be the case?

*Shrugs* possible. What makes you feel that way? Can't say I got that read personally.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

*Shrugs* possible. What makes you feel that way? Can't say I got that read personally.
    Just from the way the stories are set up. I don't see Clark tabling his confrontation with Lois just to have an adventure with Batman in between, and this might be the tale of how the kryptonite makes it's way to Goode.

Sure I could see that, and the solicit saying "are the threats targeting Metropolis new or something older and more dangerous than they seem?" could indicate the issue in question having more than a few flashbacks as its main story. However, it's also very likely that Lois could just ask Clark for some time before she explains everything. "And what is Lois Lane doing with Lex Luthor?" could be something that happens in either the past or after Lois asks for more time.

It's not easy to call right now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

You know, I like what every variant seems to do in giving Batman that grappling hook from the cartoon instead of having him swing around like Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just from the way the stories are set up. I don't see Clark tabling his confrontation with Lois just to have an adventure with Batman in between, and this might be the tale of how the kryptonite makes it's way to Goode.
    I got what you meant straight-away, and it could be a possibility, but on the other end, it could be just one of those interruption type things. Clark finds Lois, obviously has tons of questions she needs to answer, but oops, he's alerted to another fire or something and the issue has to wait.

At least, I very much hope its not just Lois asking for some more time and Superman granting it. Screw that noise, he deserves something. In the past maybe that could fly (though I always hated Superman being meek like that), but now, with a kid? No. He deserves answers and not having to wait to know what is going on with his son. So to me the only way to disrupt the explanations for #1004 is if Superman has to leave to do his job first. Saving lives taking precedence. Only that works in my head, I'll be pissed if she just gives the "I need time" schtick and he accepts that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-28-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So Batman was demoted from a guest star in Superman under Tomasi to the secondary title Action Comics.

I'm cool if she assures him that Jon is alright but she needs a bit to explain the full situation. I don't have an issue with Clark taking his wife at her word like that. I'd also be fine if he had to go deal with a fire or emergency before they can talk, but if that were it.....then what? Is he fighting the fire for the whole issue? Can he not find Lois again even though he found her immediately after he knew to look for her on Earth?

Master Hero Vladimir

Action 1003 variant cover

If Ryan Sook is ever unavailable, maybe Francis Manapul can be a regular artist at Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    You know, I like what every variant seems to do in giving Batman that grappling hook from the cartoon instead of having him swing around like Spider-Man.
    Well, you know, he's got a kid now.....he's getting older.....he can't swing around quite like he used to.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Apparently the cover for Action #1005.

Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Apparently the cover for Action #1005.

I LOVE it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Holy sh!t! Someone look at this ridiculous page! Reis is jumping levels every single issue, man.

Guess we know what Zaar's phantom army looks like.

Reis is just amazing.