Page 213 of 613 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 9194
    BANNED

From DC Nation#4

Here's what was said

Lois and Clark's marriage gets the spotlight in this milestone issue of Action Comics, illustrated to romantic perfection by Ryan Sook. Benids sees it as a celebration of what makes their dynamic duo so iconic and as a re imagining of what their relationship will be going forward

"To me, this book is a landmark of what their status quo will be like from now on" Bendis explains "I want to illuminate what's special about them, they are not a traditional couple, they're not traditional parents, and they don't have a traditional child. Why they're trying to live a traditional life when they're not traditional to people is a question Lois has now asked herself, and that will be answered in #1004"
    Other details

-Lois has discovered secrets about the DC Universe that she's not sure she can tell Clark, but this is NOT a trust issue. Instead it has more to do with the information being potentially too dangerous even for him. It alters her behaviour.

-The new owner of the Daily Planet is revealed in 1006.

Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-05-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm somehow confused-- Is Superman #3 out this week or not? I swear it's been two weeks since AC #1002, and DC Comics on FB just said it's available today... Yet it's not on this weeks list of new comics on my LCS FB page, and no one's talking about it here.

My wires are crossed.

Astonishing Member

I also thought it was out today. What gives?

BANNED

I assume it's because Amazing Spider-Man isn't out yet, DC have been timing it so Bendis' books come out the same time to compete with that

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's not out this week, but next week.

And glad people can finally stop worrying about Lois hopefully.

BANNED

So does this information solidify that AC#1003 is some kind of filler flashback tale?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So does this information solidify that AC#1003 is some kind of filler flashback tale?
    no? They probably just get distracted by the red cloud or another villain and lois and clark can't actually talk till the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They probably just get distracted by the red cloud or another villain and lois and clark can't actually talk till the next issue.
    The scene from AC#1004 is Lois still wearing her outfit and clutching her wig kissing Supes. That indicates only seconds have passed between that and their meeting in AC#1002.

So I still say AC#1003 is a filler flashback.

The scene from AC#1004 is Lois still wearing her outfit and clutching her wig kissing Supes. That indicates only seconds have passed between that and their meeting in AC#1002.

yeah, you could be right actually. Just looked at the solicit for the issue and that's the one where she talks to Lex.

Secrets about the DCU she feels funny telling Clark about? Maybe she had some multiverse travels where she met a different, younger Superman.... Heh, yeah I know, fat chance, but what the hell.

Considering the solicit, maybe #1003 gives some info on the history of this crime syndicate in Metropolis, maybe goes back in time in that sense, with Lois as a framing device as she tells Clark first what she's learned about them.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-05-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Edit: somehow I missed your big ass post, Miles lol. But yeah that's Sook's interiors, and that seems to take place right after they meet in issue 1002, so the flashback theory seems pretty possible (as it always has).

"Lois has discovered secrets about the DC Universe that she's not sure she can tell Clark, but this is NOT a trust issue. Instead it has more to do with the information being potentially too dangerous even for him. It alters her behavior."

I'm so very down for everything said above, man. Especially the part in bold. We gotta get those space adventure flashbacks soon. Maybe over in Superman since that's where Jon (or at least a version of him) comes back. The intrigue level only rises.

What's interesting is that Bendis says specifically "the DC Universe." That wording and the fact that she was in space denotes a level of grand scale. With that in mind, I wouldn't assume it to be about the Invisible Mafia and the city as my first guess. I think the distinction between the books has been coloring my guesses (Clark, family, work, and city stuff in Action and space and big stuff in Superman). But Bendis did say that Action would also be slightly reactive to changes to the DCU happening in other books (likely JL) and in Superman, so even if it's possibly something big and cosmic that she's learned, over in Action it's expressed through a change in the dynamic of Lois and Clark, so that could make sense.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-05-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo....but this cover for Superman issue 4 doh...

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Hot damn.

That should be a poster.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I initially thought this cover was for an issue of action comics. It's amazing!!!