Page 588 of 613 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For my money? After a short period of being starstruck, Lois realizes he's Clark and just needs to prove it. She's the world's best reporter, she can't be satisfied without sticking the story to him.
    This is hardly unprecedented - after all, she spent just about every other issue throughout the 1950s and 1960s trying to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    This is hardly unprecedented - after all, she spent just about every other issue throughout the 1950s and 1960s trying to do exactly that.
    Never got why people act like Lois couldn’t figure it out. She’s typically one of the first to suspect Clark is Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never got why people act like Lois couldn’t figure it out. She’s typically one of the first to suspect Clark is Superman.
    She is typically the first and among the only few who figure it out. This would have been a solidified fact for decades had they not pushed the triangle beyond breaking. Afaiac Lois gets unfairly villainized for much that is Clark's own doing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's 50/50. Even recently, in Jeff Loveness's Glasses story, she admits she was an idiot for not seeing through them. Some people just go with the idea he fooled everyone. I like to think that Lois is the only person he couldn't shake.

Not because the others are stupid, mind you. He can literally appear to be in two places at once by just moving very quickly. He can be very convincing if he needs to be. She just has the sharpest ear for bullshit, or at least when she's at her best, so I'm simply stating which side of that argument I prefer her on. She absolutely knew, but she wanted him to admit it and she wanted to get him dead to rights. It was her story to break, and while she'd never share it, she wanted him to know she won the game they've been playing. And remind him who is the DCU's best investigative reporter.

Obviously, there are times she genuinely didn't. We can see her thoughts. But if I'm showing my cards and referring to how I've consolidated her history, yeah, Lois knew almost the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I like Wonder Woman, so I don't want her to be the "mistake" to make more funny the relationship of Clark and Lois. In fact, I prefer Clark doesn't use other women to escape from her feelings towards Lois.

Honestly, if Clark is in a romantic relationship with another woman, I prefer Lois to not be in love with Superman (I would like that Lois has her own romantic relationship in that situation).
    I don't like Lois and I loved the Superman/Wonder Woman couple (and books - until the relationship had to be thoroughly destroyed by editorial decree since it worked too well) so I'd rather have nothing of the New 52 remaining in the curent Superman, who is, at best, a Biden-like (so, a gentle right-winger, conservative) especially not a relationship which had far more chemistry to me than the one he ever had with Lois. Or his early debut as a rough champion of the oppressed.

Plus it allows fans of the Clois to have it as the one and only romance of Superman. Everyon's winning

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ah! Shipping. How come noone cares about lori or lyla?

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman vs. Lois? This was always the real triangle!

OK, I admit it, we've wandered way off the "Bendis" thread. So, how about we talk about that for a while, or does no one care about what Bendis is writing anymore?

Astonishing Member

OK, I admit it, we've wandered way off the "Bendis" thread. So, how about we talk about that for a while, or does no one care about what Bendis is writing anymore?
    I still read, I still enjoy reading.

I agree about the "triangle" but was that actually written or did it only go so far as the covers?

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

The latest arc was the best yet. Superman after issue 18 seems so focused and expansive. I love it.

"No more mistakes" is such a good line and it feels so meta.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't like Lois and I loved the Superman/Wonder Woman couple (and books - until the relationship had to be thoroughly destroyed by editorial decree since it worked too well) so I'd rather have nothing of the New 52 remaining in the curent Superman, who is, at best, a Biden-like (so, a gentle right-winger, conservative) especially not a relationship which had far more chemistry to me than the one he ever had with Lois. Or his early debut as a rough champion of the oppressed.

Plus it allows fans of the Clois to have it as the one and only romance of Superman. Everyon's winning
    Well said! I agree 100%!!! I have most of the comics from the Superman and Wonder woman series!! I enjoy re-reading them!!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-17-2020 at 08:58 AM.

We’ve got individual threads for Superman and Action issues, so this has kind of become the place where we talk about everything Superman that’s happened during the Bendis Era . We could create separate threads, but I kinda like having one thread for overall Superman talk. And on that note, DC is planning to put out a Morrison Action Comics Omnibus in Feb 2021 and that is 100% my fix. God I hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

Astonishing Member

And on that note, DC is planning to put out a Morrison Action Comics Omnibus in Feb 2021 and that is 100% my fix. God I hope it doesn’t get cancelled.
    Oh, really? Fantastic, I'll double dip for that - do you have a link?

Such amazing potential with that origin and style.

I don’t have a link to where they got it from, but it was a printers listing, and here’s the solicit:
    Superman by Grant Morrison Omnibus
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Illustrated by Rags Morales
    HARDCOVER
    $75.00 US
    DC Comics
    0"W x 0"H x 0"D | 20 oz | 12 per carton
    On sale Feb 23, 2021 | 672 Pages | 978-1-77950-813-3
    Collecting the entirety of Morrison's epic saga, this New 52 era Superman omnibus celebrates and explores new facets of the Superman mythos. The compelling and deliberate Superman stories in this collection showcase his quintessential character and determination in a world that doesn't know what to make of him. A milestone in The New 52, this omnibus is jam-packed with action, adventure, shocking secrets, parallel Earths, deadly encounters with the Anti-Superman Army, Brainiac, Metal-zero and so much more! Collects Action Comics #0-18 and Action Comics Annual #1

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don’t have a link to where they got it from, but it was a printers listing, and here’s the solicit:
    Superman by Grant Morrison Omnibus
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Illustrated by Rags Morales
    HARDCOVER
    $75.00 US
    DC Comics
    0"W x 0"H x 0"D | 20 oz | 12 per carton
    On sale Feb 23, 2021 | 672 Pages | 978-1-77950-813-3
    Collecting the entirety of Morrison's epic saga, this New 52 era Superman omnibus celebrates and explores new facets of the Superman mythos. The compelling and deliberate Superman stories in this collection showcase his quintessential character and determination in a world that doesn't know what to make of him. A milestone in The New 52, this omnibus is jam-packed with action, adventure, shocking secrets, parallel Earths, deadly encounters with the Anti-Superman Army, Brainiac, Metal-zero and so much more! Collects Action Comics #0-18 and Action Comics Annual #1
    As with all things, if you guys want to ensure this makes it to print, pre-order it at your preferred location for buying trades. Low pre-orders nix these collections all the time.

Most long-time readers know this, but we get new posters all the time so it's always worth a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As with all things, if you guys want to ensure this makes it to print, pre-order it at your preferred location for buying trades. Low pre-orders nix these collections all the time.

Most long-time readers know this, but we get new posters all the time so it's always worth a mention.
    Especially lately from DC. I hope that all the sudden cancellations will decline post-Didio but I guess we’ll see. I’ll definitely be preordering this one the moment I can.

Oh and they’re reprinting Johns Last Son of Krypton Deluxe as well as Byrne’s Generations.