Page 141 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 9194

Reis and Fabok, love both of them. I wonder if either one are going to stick around on SM or AC?

Little review sounds good. I liked the Bendis stuff in AC 1000 and FCBD. Neither blew me away as great but neither were bad. I'm on board to give MOS a shot.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Reis is on the SM title and I assume they haven't announced a secondary artist yet for the sake of showing confidence in him. If he gives himself a year at least, I can see him hitting even 10 out of 12 issues.

It seemed like an impossible dream of hoping for him back when he drew Superman so well in that Rebirth spread, but here we are.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

From Man of Steel #3:

Buh-bye

Thanks for the info @ Kuwagaton. I'll take 10 out of 12 from Reis. Hopefully on a title like Superman he'll hang around longer and make a good run of it.

Is Gleason going to be the main artist on Action? Yeah, I'm a big dummy and coming in late. If he is, and if this Bendis cat can just not suck like a bunch of people think, and keep Reis on one title and Gleason on the other, the would be a big win win situation.
    Last edited by Slim Shady; 05-15-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's strange how little Superman's foes have been used in these five years. Kurt Busiek and Johns were the last team to use the bulk of Superman's foes while making new ones. Hoping Bendis is down to do the same. From what it sounds like, he just might be.
    Hopefully more USM/Daredevil then Invincible Iron Man/X-Men.

Love seeing Superman and Supergirl working together in a big story for the first time in....I can't even remember.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Sook's art is so pretty. Seems like he's playing with how Superman's speed is depicted. Ever since Action Comics 1000, I've been very interested in how Bendis plans on staging and directing the action with his artist. I don't think it can be understated how potentially fascinating it will be to see an 'outsider' give their rendition of Superman's powers. Already I did that heat vision scene, the mid-air stop, and Reis' flying scene.

Hope he plays with the powers as Clark too. Come to think of it, it'll be interesting to see Gleason do Bendis' version of Clark after doing Tomasi's dad joking man of confidence.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Love seeing Superman and Supergirl working together in a big story for the first time in....I can't even remember.
    Ikr? It's really refreshing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

she was in doomed and final days of krypton. had a role in reborn aftermath, all the last big new Superman events.

I wasn't really satisfied in their interactions in any of those stories. This looks like something where they're going to be side-to-side for a large portion of it, which is something all those stories, imo, lacked.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Will Bendis save Superman? He just might
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Will Bendis save Superman? He just might
    He will definitely make each issue a necessary read each week, which tomasi and jurgens haven't been since they wrapped up reborn.

I wasn't really satisfied in their interactions in any of those stories. This looks like something where they're going to be side-to-side for a large portion of it, which is something all those stories, imo, lacked.
    yeah, that's something to be excited for.

She did help with the rest of the Super-Family against the Revenge Squad in the post-Reborn arc.
    I'm interested to see how he writes Kara and if he'll be building on how Orlando wrote her.

Although while I'm sure she's incorporated to this story because she's as plot relevant as Superman is to the villain and what's going on, it does seem like her major role is also related to her eventual new series that seems to be spinning out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's strange how little Superman's foes have been used in these five years. Kurt Busiek and Johns were the last team to use the bulk of Superman's foes while making new ones. Hoping Bendis is down to do the same. From what it sounds like, he just might be.
    Tomasi used Manchester Black and Jurgens used Zod, but otherwise you’re right. I think part of it is that Lex has dominated the Superman titles during Rebirth. It’s why I’m glad he’s being shuffled off to the Legion of Doom for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Reis and Fabok, love both of them. I wonder if either one are going to stick around on SM or AC?

Little review sounds good. I liked the Bendis stuff in AC 1000 and FCBD. Neither blew me away as great but neither were bad. I'm on board to give MOS a shot.
    I think Fabok is working on the 3 Jokers story now.