Page 594 of 613 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Here's Tynion's interview, and also Mann's response (both June 12th) https://twitter.com/Clay_Mann_/statu...14177359081472.

Here's King's tweet (Jun 13th) https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...63815299309571

King on Word Balloon (2 weeks ago) simple to find on youtube. But to quickly sum it up for you, King says Bat/Cat is comparable to Long Halloween or Killing Joke and how they are both in continuity. Both were prestige books published outside of the main books, but both certainly happened, and affected the main continuity.

I imagine the sources that you're finding are working off interpretations of these. But as far as we, King has had the final public word on this, and it's that it's in continuity.
    Thank you, I stand corrected, wait so is that baby canon or am I confusing this with one of those recent annuals or something?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Thank you, I stand corrected, wait so is that baby canon or am I confusing this with one of those recent annuals or something?
    It looks like Helena is indeed going to be entering main continuity, yes. But we’ll see.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The story you're thinking of is in the Catwoman 80th anniversary special, and it's written by King, takes both in the near future of the main continuity and a little further than that (annual 2. the other story you're thinking of. Also written by King) and all are confirmed as in continuity as part of and along with Bat/Cat.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He hoard knowledge and technologies because the monkeys on Earth aren't worth them and does nothing to try and uplift them. He is a general dick and arrogant asshat in All-Star and befriends only geniuses and powerful peoples. He gives lip service to a teen on the verge of suicide but does nothing to try and change the reasons which drives her and so many other tu a desperate end.

All-Star Superman is a torture to read and an horrible story about a Conservative knowing better than you what's good and that society as it is must be preserved because it's how it is. i hate this fucking book with a passion, if I could erase it from all reality I would. The whole Truth was leagues better than that piece of **** in my eyes.

Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The things New 52 Superman had in his Fortress dwarfed All Star Superman by far. All Star Superman Fortress was a cave, full of the things he gathered over the years, while New 52 was the kryptonian crystal one, with the entire knowledge from Krypton. So who was the most selfish?
    Having a cave for fortress doesn't mean less technologically advanced. The kryptonian knowledge is overrated. I believe, clark absorbing knowledge from different cultures and around the world gives him the edge. Besides, the crystal fortress doesn't have a gigantic key. Which makes it less awesome.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Having a cave for fortress doesn't mean less technologically advanced. The kryptonian knowledge is overrated. I believe, clark absorbing knowledge from different cultures and around the world gives him the edge. Besides, the crystal fortress doesn't have a gigantic key. Which makes it less awesome.
    I always preferred the small key that's unbelievably heavy. It was visually humbling to strongmen attempting to lift it up while Superman did so effortlessly. It's not embarrassing for anyone to be unable to lift a key the size of an ocean liner.

The giant key was a weird idea since the key hole was large enough for a person to climb into the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The giant key was a weird idea since the key hole was large enough for a person to climb into the hole.
    I think Batman in Pre Crisis actually got in that way in one story. First time I saw the old keyhole I wondered that myself.

Bendis just let the Jimmy Olsen book make a major status quo change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nevermind

10 char
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis just let the Jimmy Olsen book make a major status quo change.
    Can we more details for some of us not reading the book, in spoiler tags obviously.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Batman in Pre Crisis actually got in that way in one story. First time I saw the old keyhole I wondered that myself.
    As I remember, Batman hid inside the giant key. I'm certain other stories said there were safeguards in the keyhole to stop anyone using it for an entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Can we more details for some of us not reading the book, in spoiler tags obviously.
    spoilers:
    Jimmy finds out he's related to Lex and uses that information to blackmail him. He now owns the Daily Planet!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman