Page 572 of 613 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9194

Damn.

The Legion is truly a contender for most beautiful book out there. The only ones I find better looking are Naomi and Far Sector (The Last God also, but it got a very different vibe).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So basically Didio was forcing Dan and Tomasi off the books? I'm kinda surprised they left so amicably then, since they still do a lot of DC work and don't seem to harner any ill wills.
    Jurgens is a longtime DC writer so he's guaranteed some work. Tomasi got Detective Comics and Gleason got a Marvel exclusive contract out of the move. They're all nice guys from what I've heard about them and not the type who hold grudges.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

New Bendis interview - in terms of immediate 'what's gonna be in the comics' stuff:

* Kevin Maguire's drawing the finale to the Mongul story/Lois dealing with Cameron Chase with #22, and specifically told Bendis he wanted to do an all-timer Superman fight in it.

* #23 and #24 are Superman visiting Doctor Fate, who is Khalid Nassour; while it starts off making sure magic wasn't involved in his decision to reveal himself, it turns into essentially a mystical therapy session with Superman working through the major events of the last couple years of his life (specifically including the Jurgens/Tomasi stuff).

* 25 is a double-sized issue where Ivan Reis returns, and he and Bendis introduce a new cosmic villain. This is also where the tease of Lana doing the Daily Star's story on Lois and Clark is going to really start to manifest.
    Buh-bye

So one new magic villain and one new cosmic villain...Bendis' track record with those archetypes is spotty, so not sure what to expect.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

'New cosmic villain' feels like a crapshoot - Red Cloud's and the Invisible Mafia are good, his Zod and Mongul reinventions are as interesting as those characters have ever been, but Rogol Zaar.

I really hope if they're dipping back into Rebirth territory while on the couch there's a panel where Clark just says "My kid accidentally lit a cat on fire. It was mega %^(#ed up."
    Buh-bye

If he doesn’t bring up Reborn I’ll consider this a misfire . A new cosmic villain eh? If Reis is designing him looking forward to it.

I wonder how Bendis looks back on the New 52 era? Be interesting to get his perspective as a Marvel guy.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So basically Didio was forcing Dan and Tomasi off the books? I'm kinda surprised they left so amicably then, since they still do a lot of DC work and don't seem to harner any ill wills.
    Not really forcing them, just doing his job as publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    New Bendis interview - in terms of immediate 'what's gonna be in the comics' stuff:

* Kevin Maguire's drawing the finale to the Mongul story/Lois dealing with Cameron Chase with #22, and specifically told Bendis he wanted to do an all-timer Superman fight in it.

* #23 and #24 are Superman visiting Doctor Fate, who is Khalid Nassour; while it starts off making sure magic wasn't involved in his decision to reveal himself, it turns into essentially a mystical therapy session with Superman working through the major events of the last couple years of his life (specifically including the Jurgens/Tomasi stuff).

* 25 is a double-sized issue where Ivan Reis returns, and he and Bendis introduce a new cosmic villain. This is also where the tease of Lana doing the Daily Star's story on Lois and Clark is going to really start to manifest.
    Khalid Nassour/Doctor Fate! That story sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    'New cosmic villain' feels like a crapshoot - Red Cloud's and the Invisible Mafia are good, his Zod and Mongul reinventions are as interesting as those characters have ever been, but Rogol Zaar.
    Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia are more street-level then "cosmic," and that's Bendis' best archetype.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Not really forcing them, just doing his job as publisher.
    Yeah, bad wording on my part making that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Khalid Nassour/Doctor Fate! That story sounds fun.
    Well I’m glad about that, I personally really like Khalid and hope DC does more with him as Dr. Fate after the events of Justice League Dark. Personally I hope we can see him amongst the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lana's getting a job at a rival newspaper and is doing a story on Lois and Clark? She's going to end up a hated character again, isn't she?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lana's getting a job at a rival newspaper and is doing a story on Lois and Clark? She's going to end up a hated character again, isn't she?
    Hah well she already was among certain segments of the fandom after that bait and switch with Lois Lane Superwoman Rebirth book. And there was all that unpleasantness Pre-Flashpoint...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not necessarily,lois is entirely biased towards the concept of superman. I would welcome any instory voice that critics the character and the concept itself. Its the need of the hour in my view. Superman shouldn't have it so easy. As long as the character(lana) is written with sound integrity and fights for the truth. I would welcome it. If the character is made into strawman like Manchester black. I got nothing. This would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I’m glad about that, I personally really like Khalid and hope DC does more with him as Dr. Fate after the events of Justice League Dark. Personally I hope we can see him amongst the JSA.
    I really enjoyed his 2015 series. Would love to see more of that. Great art, too.