Page 577 of 577 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577
Results 8,641 to 8,643 of 8643

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But it's often depicted as having a greater effect on him, or at least it's more pronounced. No other hero complains about hating magic or their susceptible to magic as much as Superman does.

Or maybe it just seems that way because he's so invulnerable to everything else, it just stands out that magic can actually hurt him.
    Yeah, again I've kind think I've always read those comments and complaints as it annoys him that he has this weakness, not that he has any increased susceptibility or sensitivity to it. Where someone like Constantine would have the wards and whatnot to protect himself. Kind of like how Batman is sometimes written as being annoyed by it too.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, wasn't there a New 52 Batman/Superman story where they walked into a building or something and Clark was affected by the magic but Bruce wasn't?

Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He feels annoyed cause he feels weak? Well, wait a take it like a champ. Sheesh! The guy who puts himself through lava even though he has no idea if it will kill him or not, gets annoyed at a sting from hocus pocus . Bad portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, again I've kind think I've always read those comments and complaints as it annoys him that he has this weakness, not that he has any increased susceptibility or sensitivity to it. Where someone like Constantine would have the wards and whatnot to protect himself. Kind of like how Batman is sometimes written as being annoyed by it too.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, wasn't there a New 52 Batman/Superman story where they walked into a building or something and Clark was affected by the magic but Bruce wasn't?
    Yep Scott Snyder wrote an issue that tied in to Damian’s death and featured the two teaming up. He treated magic like Kryptonite for Superman, the mere presence of it sickened him. That was rather stupid and no one has ever done anything else like that since.