Page 591 of 613 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bendis addressed this in an interview, and said he'd be getting back to Jon's time on Earth-3 in Legion through flashbacks. But even outside of that, there are several statements and clues that make it clear that he likely spent the majority of his time there outside. Not only does issue 9 of Superman have Jon specifically say that he traveled around Earth-3, but it also says that he helped and interacted with people who sometimes didn't always receive his help well. Then over in issue 16 of Superman Jon tells Damian that the food on Earth-3 is better than Earth-0's because of a lack of artificial flavoring, so clearly he was out and about.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WTF?!?

"Bleeding Cool has previously reported on plans at DC Comics for Jonathan Kent, son of Superman, to inherit the mantle from his father. Part of a line-wide rewriting of the DC Comics Universe and its Timeline, known equally as Generation Five and 5G, the main DC Comics titles would have featured new iterations of familiar characters. Luke Fox would be the new Batman, Commander Cold's kid would be the new Flash, and the like. And that this would be the new status quo at DC Comics until, as one editor put it, DC Comics publisher Dan DiDio was no more. Well, Dan Didio was fired at DC Comics earlier this year, and the line-wide plan was rescinded. Instead, I am now told that what was 5G, what they had decided to retain, will be an imprint of related books, showing a future for the DC Comics but not necessarily in the continuity of the shared universe.

And that previously reported plans for a much older Superman to become the new leader of The Authority are part of that storyline. With Jonathan Kent as the Superman that the rest of the world will know.

But what will bind all the 5G titles together, and keep them separate from the rest of the DC Timeline now, begins with Jonathan Kent using Smallville as his own Fortress Of Solitude. So that the people of the town protect him from the outside world after Smallville becomes a tourist attraction after Clark Kent revealed his identity. Something that might involve a more authoritarian Superman.

But going forward, Jonathan Kent takes the entire city of Metropolis and makes it into a bottle city, a bit like Kandor. And its in that world that this imprint is going to take place. Quite literally, a 'bottled' 5G.

As for creative teams, schedules and formats, that is still all up in the air as far as I'm concerned. but either San Diego Comic-Con@Home or the DC Fandome might be possible online venues to announce such a project. Keep watching the skies…"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...athan-kent-5g/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WTF?!?

"Bleeding Cool has previously reported on plans at DC Comics for Jonathan Kent, son of Superman, to inherit the mantle from his father. Part of a line-wide rewriting of the DC Comics Universe and its Timeline, known equally as Generation Five and 5G, the main DC Comics titles would have featured new iterations of familiar characters. Luke Fox would be the new Batman, Commander Cold's kid would be the new Flash, and the like. And that this would be the new status quo at DC Comics until, as one editor put it, DC Comics publisher Dan DiDio was no more. Well, Dan Didio was fired at DC Comics earlier this year, and the line-wide plan was rescinded. Instead, I am now told that what was 5G, what they had decided to retain, will be an imprint of related books, showing a future for the DC Comics but not necessarily in the continuity of the shared universe.

And that previously reported plans for a much older Superman to become the new leader of The Authority are part of that storyline. With Jonathan Kent as the Superman that the rest of the world will know.

But what will bind all the 5G titles together, and keep them separate from the rest of the DC Timeline now, begins with Jonathan Kent using Smallville as his own Fortress Of Solitude. So that the people of the town protect him from the outside world after Smallville becomes a tourist attraction after Clark Kent revealed his identity. Something that might involve a more authoritarian Superman.

But going forward, Jonathan Kent takes the entire city of Metropolis and makes it into a bottle city, a bit like Kandor. And its in that world that this imprint is going to take place. Quite literally, a 'bottled' 5G.

As for creative teams, schedules and formats, that is still all up in the air as far as I'm concerned. but either San Diego Comic-Con@Home or the DC Fandome might be possible online venues to announce such a project. Keep watching the skies…"

That explanation just gives more questions than answers. If that is the case, it's hard to pretend like 5G is not apart of the main continuity if it is literally effecting what's happening in the DCU.

Astonishing Member

Damn, thank God it's out of the continuity.

Commander Cold's kid was/is gonna be the Flash huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That explanation just gives more questions than answers. If that is the case, it's hard to pretend like 5G is not apart of the main continuity if it is literally effecting what's happening in the DCU.
    If I understand correctly, I guess in the present day Metropolis is still at full size, and the bottling is like a potential future where it somehow gets bottled. Probably gonna be real easy to ignore.
    Whether the Clark leading the authority is the present day thing or more of the imprint set in a possible future, I can't tell.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    WTF?! What?
    It's a crack pairing. I can ship whatever i want. KryptonIans are sort of like trees.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-09-2020 at 10:15 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If I understand correctly, I guess in the present day Metropolis is still at full size, and the bottling is like a potential future where it somehow gets bottled. Probably gonna be real easy to ignore. Whether the Clark leading the authority is the present day thing or more of the imprint set in a possible future, I can't tell.
    Yeah, the article isn't written very clearly. It doesn't even mention the idea of shrinking. It just says "a bit like Kandor" thus we assume that means it shrunk. But it's very likely that it's just under a dome. This is likely using similar tech to the one that created the domed cities in Bendis' Legion. Jon even has a mini panic attack calling it a "bottled city".

Hard to tell when the Authority thing for Clark is being set, but based on the fact that he leads that team in part to step back from the role of Superman, I'd assume it's in 5G where Jon is Superman. But again, the article is written in a way that isn't super clear.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The thing is I don't think there are many superheroes today who haven't had an endgame ship that was established decades ago when they were relatively still new. E.g Peter and MJ, Clark and Lois, Reed and Susan, Bruce and Betty. Jon himself is a new character in his own right. Though I don't see this being more than your average teen romance.
    Or most of the main Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it was Phantom Girl. Jon being with Irma would be funny, seems like he has a thing for blonde telepaths, between Irma and Kathy. Bendis has said he wants to shake things up relationship wise so we’ll see if he’s actually going through with this.
    I guess it makes sense to pair Jon with the practical female lead of the Legion, too.
    WTF?!?

Commander Cold's kid as the new Flash? I can't tell if that's more or less random then Owen Mercer.

Astonishing Member

WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damn, thank God it's out of the continuity.
    wow.

Sounds truly awful.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bad idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Commander Cold's kid was/is gonna be the Flash huh?
    Might have meant Captain Boomerang's son, Owen.

WTF?!?

Huh that is definitely not “the world outside your window”. If they’re going full Elseworld with 5G, sure go right ahead and have a blast. But who the hell is going to be writing that? I can’t see it being anyone other than Bendis.

I’m cool with Authority Superman and Jon patrolling the Bottled City of Metropolis in a 5G imprint that’s not the main line, sounds like an interesting Elseworld.

If its just an Elseworlds fine, but it still sounds like its connected. Like some kind of desperate attempt to make the stuff Bendis has been setting up for Superman's end of 5G in particular still matter. This potential future is predicated on Superman revealing his identity to the world for example, so does this mean that stupid idea is not going back into the box? That's the question. Will the Superman line be dependent on whatever crap this imprint is going to be doing for Jon? If even to a loose degree, then still, screw that. These ideas aren't worth saving in the first place. But to move it to some random disconnected imprint where it can do its own thing, fine. But stop making Superman proper revolve around the Jon Kent Show.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-09-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its just an Elseworlds fine, but it still sounds like its connected. Like some kind of desperate attempt to make the stuff Bendis has been setting up for Superman's end of 5G in particular still matter. This potential future is predicated on Superman revealing his identity to the world for example, so does this mean that stupid idea is not going back into the box? That's the question. Will the Superman line be dependent on whatever crap this imprint is going to be doing for Jon? If even to a loose degree, then still, screw that. These ideas aren't worth saving in the first place. But to move it to some random disconnected imprint where it can do its own thing, fine. But stop making Superman proper revolve around the Jon Kent Show.
    It’s building off of what Bendis did because what Bendis did was supposed to lead into 5G. They say explicitly that it’s supposed to be its own imprint, so treat it as a “this is what would happen if things continue as they are now”, sorta like how Future’s End was five years into the future until it no longer was.

I know, its just the way its worded it leaves some room for interpretation just how disconnected its going to be. If it is indeed a total disconnect, then I have no real issue outside of waiting to see how what they plan on doing with Superman himself going forward.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its just an Elseworlds fine, but it still sounds like its connected.
    I'm getting a Batman Beyond kind of vibe; not entirely out of continuity but not entire in continuity either.

Though I'll believe all this when I have the book in my hands, of course.

As for Clark's identity being out....I feel like that genie isn't going back in the bottle any time soon. DC still seems to think Superman is "broken" because they fail to recognize the straight forward and simple appeal of the character, and people have talked a lot about how #18 was so good. So while I could be wrong I suspect that this is gonna be our new normal for a while. At least until the end of the year, who knows what Metal 2 will end up doing to continuity?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.