Page 445 of 613 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    but honestly the most distracting part is trying to figure out who all is on the cover because of how dramatic some of these redesigns are .
    I can sympathize with that coming from an older fan. I imagine it's hard not to want to line up as many faces with names as possible. But for a newer fan, or at least for me, it looks like an explosion diverse and interesting faces that all look like they've got a story to them on some level.

I was thinking the black goatee guy is Bouncing Boy.
    You don't think that's just the new Matter Eater Lad? He has a goatee too, right?

Edit: actually scratch that, I think it might be Chuck. I see Matter Eater Lad just under Saturn Girl'd finger.

Also I think that's Timber Wolf in the back just over Brany. Seems the big guy from Superman 16 was him.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-08-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I can sympathize with that coming from an older fan. I imagine it's hard not to want to line up as many faces with names as possible. But for a newer fan, or at least for me, it looks like an explosion diverse and interesting faces that all look like they've got a story to them on some level.
    It just feels off to me that they don't look as recognizable as I wished they did. I mean, I don't even have a problem with going more diverse, but I wish the costumes and visuals were still a little more clear as to who the characters are.

I dunno, visually these redesigns just aren't doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just feels off to me that they don't look as recognizable as I wished they did. I mean, I don't even have a problem with going more diverse, but I wish the costumes and visuals were still a little more clear as to who the characters are.

I dunno, visually these redesigns just aren't doing it for me.
    Again, yeah dude, I can see where you're coming from, and being a relatively new fan to the Legion proper, I can't fully appreciate what that must be like.

I will say that I really appreciate how different everyone looks outside of just their costumes because having now gotten into 5YL, I found it incredibly hard to tell the difference between most characters especially when they stayed away from code names. For me, I think it'll be a little easier learn real names now. But like I said, that's just from my subjective POV, and it's obviously not the same (if not the exact opposite) for you given you knew them all before this.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Man, Im not even a huge Legion fan (I like their ties to Clark more than I like them) but even I knew who most of them were. And Im with Frontier here, it's kinda annoying that I can't figure out who some of them are supposed to be.

I'm all for a fresh new take on the Legion. Hell, I'd probably push them in new directions further and more than Bendis will. But I'm not feeling a lot of these designs.

EDIT: Actually, you know......now that I sit back and really look, I think I can identify more than I thought I could. Ultra Boy looks like he's got a beard now, Brainy is pretty obvious, as is Shadow Lass, Dawnstar, and that shapeshifter who's name I forget at the moment (Changeling?). A few have seen some pretty big redesigns but we've already seen them, like Cosmic Boy and Dream Girl, so I can pick them out too. Yeah, not as bad as it seemed at first, but the ones I can't identify really stand out to me.

.....crap, did I get all those names right? Haven't given the Legion much thought beyond their ties to Clark in forever.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-08-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It kind of just dawned on me that the chances of the Legion book being called "Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes" just jumped up pretty high. It's mainly due to the fact that in the final issue of the 2 part mini event that ushers in the Legion it seems to be in part about Superboy officially joining the Legion. I assumed that would be relegated to the Superman book, but they seem to want to make a really big moment out of his joining. So that's pretty cool, and a nice throwback that I don't think we've seen as a proper book since it's original publication.

I really, really hope they play a similar prank on Jon for his initiation into the Legion that they're original versions played on Clark. I imagine chances for that are high if this is the "Ultimate" take. I also wonder if Saturn Girl is the current leader? She seems to be the one giving Jon the ring while Lightning Lad and Cos are with the others cheering.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-08-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Bendis said in Instagram issue 16 will be a Super-Sons reunion.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Bendis said in Instagram issue 16 will be a Super-Sons reunion.
    yep, we've had the cover and known for a while now..

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep, we've had the cover and known for a while now..
    What cover? Could link it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What cover? Could link it, please.
    Bendis has it on his Instagram and I think it was in last month’s solicits.

Is this the one or am i missing something ? I thought it was just a panel not a cover. https://www.instagram.com/p/By895nBBmKR/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is this the one or am i missing something ? I thought it was just a panel not a cover. https://www.instagram.com/p/By895nBBmKR/
    I didn't see #16 cover. The Instagram post you have linked looks like a panel, not a cover.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The description of the volume collecting issues 16-21 of Bendis/Reis' Superman contains a little spoiler about the direction after the current arc will wrap-up:

spoilers:
    "Superboy's world will change forever when the Legion of super-hero affairs arrives and offers him a job in the future! A new look debuts for this all-new adventure!

Meanwhile, when the organization that had a hand in destroying Krypton is exposed, Superman is elected to a job he never wanted... president of Earth!"
    end of spoilers

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781401299699

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The description of the volume collecting issues 16-21 of Bendis/Reis' Superman contains a little spoiler about the direction after the current arc will wrap-up:

spoilers:
    "Superboy's world will change forever when the Legion of super-hero affairs arrives and offers him a job in the future! A new look debuts for this all-new adventure!

Meanwhile, when the organization that had a hand in destroying Krypton is exposed, Superman is elected to a job he never wanted... president of Earth!"
    end of spoilers

Wait! What about trump?
    Edit-my bad, i thought it was the president of United States.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-18-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Soooooo...Superman is The Doctor now?
    end of spoilers
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers