Page 115 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3270
  1. #1711
    Extraordinary Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned a WB edict. I'm not sure. I do find it interesting that a lot of these changes started happening after Didio took over. MK's rep is one thing, but it seemed like they were making a lot of decisions to "dirty up" DC's image.

    Your point on MK is well-taken, but I actually think DC's top roster would be a better fit with Capcom's smoother/sleeker characters. I also just like SF better, so there's that.. lol
    Ha! I was always more of a Tekken man, myself. I mean, I played Street Fighter II until the cartridge burst into flames, like most guys my age did, but once Tekken Tag came out? Oh yeah, that was it for me.

    I cheated on Tekken with one of the early Dragon Ball fighting games, but that was just a fling. Game didn't really mean anything to me, I was just bored and it was there and willing to be played, and one thing lead to another......Tekken hadn't been around for a while, since I played it so much the PS2 disc disintegrated, and I needed to scratch that itch.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #1712
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,541

    Default

    ^^^ Nerds talking about video games, smh.

  3. #1713
    Extraordinary Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    We're on a comic book message board, I think we just made the discussion slightly *less* nerdy, actually.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  4. #1714
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We're on a comic book message board, I think we just made the discussion slightly *less* nerdy, actually.
    But comic books are art and literature.

  5. #1715
    Extraordinary Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    And video games are......fun!

    So

    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  6. #1716
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And video games are......fun!

    So

    I can't argue with that.

  7. #1717
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    It looks like Dan Jurgens is taking over Green Lanterns. Interesting landing spot. He's never had his shot with GL lore before, I might check that out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #1718
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    4,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It looks like Dan Jurgens is taking over Green Lanterns. Interesting landing spot. He's never had his shot with GL lore before, I might check that out.
    Ten bucks says Hank Henshaw becomes part of the GL rogues gallery again.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  9. #1719
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ha! I was always more of a Tekken man, myself. I mean, I played Street Fighter II until the cartridge burst into flames, like most guys my age did, but once Tekken Tag came out? Oh yeah, that was it for me.

    I cheated on Tekken with one of the early Dragon Ball fighting games, but that was just a fling. Game didn't really mean anything to me, I was just bored and it was there and willing to be played, and one thing lead to another......Tekken hadn't been around for a while, since I played it so much the PS2 disc disintegrated, and I needed to scratch that itch.
    That's cool. Not sure if you've ever heard of Mugen, but I did the voice and some spritework on a remix version of Superman for that fan-driven format:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYQ2TP3K4Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8BGhG6b64
    This one uses my version vs an edit to make a New52 variant:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uulSs74FK3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ^^^ Nerds talking about video games, smh.
    LOL... so, if I have this correctly... ^^^ Nerd talking about nerds talking about video games, smh. (sorry... too tempting, I had to, lol!)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  10. #1720
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ten bucks says Hank Henshaw becomes part of the GL rogues gallery again.

    I'm hoping Bendis has plans for him, myself. And if so, I'd be fine if the character were shared. But as for making him a full-blown GL rogue again like he became pre-FP, I'd hope Jurgens of all people would know how crappy that would be to take away from Superman's rogue's gallery again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  11. #1721
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    So New Super-Man is cancelled or is just taking a skip month? With that book cancelled, every creative team at the start of superman rebirth is gone. We are officially in a new era of Superman comics!

  12. #1722
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    LOL... so, if I have this correctly... ^^^ Nerd talking about nerds talking about video games, smh. (sorry... too tempting, I had to, lol!)
    Good one, lol.

    Nerd joking about nerd talking about nerds talking about video games.

  13. #1723
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ten bucks says Hank Henshaw becomes part of the GL rogues gallery again.
    I think he'll continue Zod's subplots from GL and AC.

  14. #1724
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Good one, lol.

    Nerd joking about nerd talking about nerds talking about video games.
    hehe, you're close:

    Proud nerd joking about nerd talking about nerds talking about video games.

    Or "overly technical proud nerd, etc, etc" Your choice.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  15. #1725
    Incredible Member RepHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think he'll continue Zod's subplots from GL and AC.
    I hope so. The looming war with New Krypton was one of the most interesting plotlines. I just hope he tones down the "KNEEL" spam, that was my only complaint with his Zod. Save that for when it looks like Zod has the heroes beat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •