Page 580 of 613 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9194
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I can at least confirm that he did have an interview already rerecorded and set to drop this past Monday with Bendis (Bendis retweeted) This was tweeted out by them on the 28th. Then yesterday they wanted to remind their followers that Off Panel would be taking a skip week this week in a show of solidarity and support against the recent, tragic events.

Can't confirm if their podcast was already posted public for people to listen to for a few moments, but in the posted reaction tweet there were some people who said that it was being quoted on twitter, but no specific quotes were given. Those are the facts as far as I've seen.

If it's true, based on some past evidence, I can see why that might be the move.

Edit: I'd support Yang as immediate successor in whatever form was appropriate.
    Yang is my pick as well. I want him to get his chance to write classic, proper Superman. He clearly loves the character and has proven he's got what it takes to write a modern classic Superman story. Clark would be in great hands with Yang.

Yang and Pak both deserve another shot under the new editorial regime, but honestly I would rather get Black Label books from them. So tired of writers having to waste time trying to iron out DC’s endless continuity problems when I’d rather just get Superman stories from them. Yang and Bendis have been talking so maybe Yang will get another shot, we’ll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like his time on Action will be wrapping up first and then he’ll just be on Superman before that’s finished as well. When it’s all done, given the combined total of both series, he’ll have written over 50 issues of Superman which isn’t bad at all. If he is leaving soon I expect Jon will get deaged as well since that was explicitly a Didio mandate.
    That depends on Legion's fate. If it gets cancelled, yeah, Jon can be de-aged. But if it's still running, teen Jon would still be in use.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That depends on Legion's fate. If it gets cancelled, yeah, Jon can be de-aged. But if it's still running, teen Jon would still be in use.
    It would be interesting if Bendis left the Superman books but stuck around on Legion...I guess that would probably depend on sales.

With 5G being binned I could see another writer going in another direction, but don’t expect the next writer to toss everything out. They’ll probably have to start from where Bendis ends and go from there.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting it. If Bendis leaves soon the next team would more than likely have to roll with this, which is why I can't get amped up as I know it won't change anything for me. At least not until I were to see evidence of things at least getting ready to wind down.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

With 5G being binned I could see another writer going in another direction, but don’t expect the next writer to toss everything out. They’ll probably have to start from where Bendis ends and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting it. If Bendis leaves soon the next team would more than likely have to roll with this, which is why I can't get amped up as I know it won't change anything for me. At least not until I were to see evidence of things at least getting ready to wind down.
    Not necessarily. Death Metal will rewrite/reboot reality (again) and provide the perfect excuse for a new creative team to be quickly free from previous decisions if they don't want to deal with them when they'll relaunch the books with a new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Legion sales have been pretty soft, Bendis was not the right choice for rebooting the franchise, and it still baffles me Didio decided to put him in charge of two of their team books. Don’t know if his incarnation will stick around or what.

Legion sales have been pretty soft, Bendis was not the right choice for rebooting the franchise, and it still baffles me Didio decided to put him in charge of two of their team books. Don’t know if his incarnation will stick around or what.
    It's ironic to me that I thought Bendis would at least make Legion and YJ sales successes by taking them over, which is probably why Bendis even got it, but that hasn't seemed to happen at all.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like this Legion. I'm glad we're getting lovely Sook pencils and covers.

But I must admit, it's not my favorite Legion yet. While I don't want to lose these Legionnaires, if we get a de-aged Jon Kent and the Retroboot Legion, or a new one more akin to classic with Clark as their inspiration, that may be worth it.

But it's still far too soon to give this Legion the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

But I must admit, it's not my favorite Legion yet. While I don't want to lose these Legionnaires, if we get a de-aged Jon Kent and the Retroboot Legion, or a new one more akin to classic with Clark as their inspiration, that may be worth it.

I like Sook's art but I still struggle to get into those redesigns.

It's like I want to support the Bendis reboot on the level of being a Legion fan and wanting to support the franchise but I just can't do it without some reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

The art has been amazing. The writing hasn’t really impressed me, and with those soft sales I’m not sure DC won’t just either revert to a previous Legion incarnation, or more likely, simply drop the team off to the side once again. My ideal would be to use Hypertime to say all of the Legions exist. Bendis Legion would be the “main” one for right now and could continue to be the one featured in companywide crossovers, but Clark could also pal around with his Legion, Kara and Kon with theirs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Not necessarily. Death Metal will rewrite/reboot reality (again) and provide the perfect excuse for a new creative team to be quickly free from previous decisions if they don't want to deal with them when they'll relaunch the books with a new #1.
    Im sure there will be some tweaking here and there but I’m not expecting another Reborn style soft reboot where years of stories get thrown out.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If Didio was still at DC, september-october wuld be the time all these runs would be hitting their end points before the planned 5G reboot so this isn't too shocking. And it was clear this house of kent arc was a possible end point as well.

My only doubt was Bendis starting this identity reveal status quo and thinking it would be weird for him to leave as soon as he did it, I wonder if the next writer would continue playing with that or if they would try to undo it.

But this is all speculation till the podcast officially comes out, so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If Didio was still at DC, september-october wuld be the time all these runs would be hitting their end points before the planned 5G reboot so this isn't too shocking. And it was clear this house of kent arc was a possible end point as well.

My only doubt was Bendis starting this identity reveal status quo and thinking it would be weird for him to leave as soon as he did it, I wonder if the next writer would continue playing with that or if they would try to undo it.

But this is all speculation till the podcast officially comes out, so we'll see what happens.
    Well, supposedly WB was onboard with the identity reveal and some 5G stuff, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays into things.

Honestly, if Kid Jon returns, Clark get is secret identity back and all is "Perfect White Priviledged Family" again for him, I think I'll definitively drop any Super-related books. Bendis is doing something really interesting after two runs on Action (Jurgen) and Superman (Tomasi) which were, in retrospect, really mediocre. I don't want all his hard work setting up Superman to be something big again to be erased, especially not when what'll follow will be "Groundhog Day Superman" again.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Please, bendis did nothing interesting with the kid other than make him a carbon copy of his dad. He didn’t even flesh out the age up nor the kid's stay in space. There isn't even an emotional logic to how the kid could suffer the abuse for 7 or so years and still be hunky dory. It pissed me of the way the treated child abuse.Pathetic storytelling.They just wanted "kewl" superman without a rhyme, reason or thought put into it. They made scapegoat of the kid for that. They absolutely made a mess of the character for that.As for superman being "groundhog day superman". Well, i don't see much difference. He just doesn't have kid anymore.

i have to ask. Do you really like this run or is it like the people who hated mos and bvs just clinging on to theatrical version of jl? This run has been full of badly paced story, bad dialogues, predictable mysteries, bad jokes.. Etc.Riiight, the rich white dude(inherited wealth) and his brats aren't privileged. Why? Cause dead parents and being raised by assassins(who treated the brat like a prince btw). Please, spare me that. A family of farmers are. Cause? They get by and have happy family. "gosh! What a crime" . I thought anyone, can understand which is proletariat and which is bourgeoisie. If we are going for the class war thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-07-2020 at 02:31 AM.