Page 359 of 613 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 9194

We got quite a lot out of Bendis in the AMA, just not all Superman Related:
    I'll add everything he said about Superman Here:

Question: What is the most ridiculous Superman story you'd like to write?
    BENDIS: Clark goes undercover in issue 1010 of ACTION COMICS. He grows facial hair by flexing his jaw muscles. I am not lying! Undercover Clark's name is Chaz and he looks exactly like Bradley Cooper in AMERICAN HUSTLE. Lois loves Chaz.

Question: The character of Jon Kent managed to get a massive following, and also became a symbol of hope and joy against the age of needlessly gritty comics DC was facing (and is returning). And, it seems, he was quite popular with younger readers too, so what prompted you to age Jon Kent? Was it editorial or a personal choice? Are you getting rid of him? Not being snarky, actual curiosity.
    BENDIS: Jon's age was my choice. I'm not getting rid of him on any level, or turning him into a character he is not, like evil. The journey in front of Jon is HUGE! That is why we are telling this story. It's all set up from a HUGE payoff.

Question: Firstly, with the return of both Jon and Conner Kent, who is the "big brother" now that they're roughly about the same age? Secondly, with 2 Robins and 2 Superboys, will we see a name change for 1 from each set or will they all operate simultaneously but on separate teams? (ie- Jon/Damian with TT and Conner/Tim with YJ)
    BENDIS: Jon and Conner will meet and work that out. On panel. PROMISE. And yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!

Question was about Leviathan and if we'll see things like SHADE or the Owls:
    BENDIS: Read ACTION COMICS starting with issue 1007 and you will have a very good sense about who is going to be involved and why. I think some people will be VERY surprised with who comes out of the woodwork on this one. Leviathan is targeting the major organizations of the DC Universe. That's a lot of very interesting DC continuity. Checkmate, Leviathan, DEO, Cadmus, ARGUS, Kobra Cult... lots of players from all over DC are involved.

Question on if he'll make more New Villains:
    BENDIS: When I came to DC, I became determined to put new toys in the toy box. Every hero needs new villains, and there are more coming! It's the year of the villain!!

Question about Sam and Lois Lane:
    Sam Lane and Lois have a deeply complicated relationship, and with everything going on in her family she realized that her relationship with her father was wrapped around a giant lie that it was her fault. She went to rectify it, but the story is not over.

Question: Was there any particular reason that you have Clark calling Jimmy Olsen "Jimmy" instead of "Jim"? I loved that in older stories Clark called him Jim, as a sign of respect, and I found it interesting that he's not doing this anymore.
    BENDIS: To answer your question about Clark and Jimmy ... I get it. I liked when he called him Jimmy. I like how Christopher Reeve said it. Always respectful.

Question: What about seeing some Ron Troupe around The Daily Planet?
    BENDIS: He is on an Assignment

Request about making Jon Damian's age again:
    BENDIS: Noted

Question about Adam Strange and The Question:
    BENDIS: Adam strange is in both ACTION COMICS and SUPERMAN! He is part of what is going on with Rogol Zaar, and is witness to a major catastrophe in LEVIATHAN RISING. Meanwhile, the Question is all over ACTION COMICS and is front and center in the big hinted at DC mystery event we are cooking for this summer. I posted some yummy Epting Question art on my Instagram this weekend!

Question: Conner or Jon
    BENDIS: Now we don't have too choose!!! You're welcome!

Question: As a big fan of street-level stories, I'm really enjoying the world of Metropolis that you've been in Action Comics, from the underground criminal organizations to a Daily Planet struggling to fit in with modern journalism. What Superman stories inspired your vision of Metropolis? Which of your previous street-level books (Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man, Alias) do you feel have been most influential?
    BENDIS: Well, the earliest ACTION COMICS feel gritty, noir almost. Very stylistically similar to early DAREDEVIL issues in some respects. I grew up in Cleveland and could trace the roots of Metropolis back to real places and things. The comics are amazing inspiration but there is nothing better than going back to the real world source of it all and making your own fun from there.

Question: Hi, Brian! As a father of adopted children, I’m curious if you have plans for Keith White, Perry and Alice’s son.
    BENDIS: We've already mentioned him, but I think you might get something out of NAOMI.

Oh and he confirmed Issue 3 of Young Justice is a Big Conner Kent issue with Answers about him
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-20-2019 at 02:29 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I was kind of hoping for spoilers tho, idk if it was here or on reddit but I remember someome saying that scott snyder reveales some things in his AMA.

Well until more individuals start talking about their dislike of aged-up Jon without mentioning Clark & Lois and Damian as a main reason, I'll stop with the mischaracterization and oversimplification.

So far I've only seen 3 or 4 comments from different people about their dissatisfaction with aged-up Jon that was strictly about the character Jon.
    People who dislike the change to Jon have a hard enough time to be respected on this forum anyway.
    Now we need to qualify for you that it isn't only the change in dynamics with Clois and/or Damien that we dislike?

And I thought hearing "Stop hating on Bendis" was hard the last months

Mighty Member

Well until more individuals start talking about their dislike of aged-up Jon without mentioning Clark & Lois and Damian as a main reason, I'll stop with the mischaracterization and oversimplification.

So far I've only seen 3 or 4 comments from different people about their dissatisfaction with aged-up Jon that was strictly about the character Jon.
    Sorry, but no. Your limited experience is not an excuse to be condescending and dismissive about the feelings of a group of fans. If you do not agree with them that is fine, but it doesn't give you the expertise to explain their motivations or feelings to them. They can do that fine on their own.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

This whole Jon thing seems to boil down to, I don't like this change b/c of how it effects Clark & Lois and Damian and not anything to do with Jon himself.

Does Jon have any of his own fans that didn't start liking him just b/c he was a Clois offspring or was friends with Damian...
    It affects all of Jon's relationships and the last few years of growth and dynamics he had built, now he has to start all over from scratch. He's not some decades old character who needed to be overhauled to stay fresh. Now he's become a completely different character, if you like it then fine but Bendis has killed everything that made him appealing and yes that includes being Damian's pal and the young son of Superman and Lois. Now he's just another generic teen at DC, he has no age group of his own and worse he's been forced to age instead of growing naturally. Moreover how exactly did that work out with Chris Kent?

Sorry but look at facts first and foremost.

Astonishing Member

I can be angry about Jon aged, but I still hope it won't affect negatively his popularity. After all, I don't want Jon to suffer the fate of Chris.

I really like Jon, so I don't want him in the limbo.

Know what, scratch this, didn't see the full context of the particular argument.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So, I was checking the Wonder Comics tv tropes page when I noticed something interesting in the Wave Two section. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...r/WonderComics

I’m sure there’s nothing to it and it’s just an excited fan (or a troll), but it makes sense that that title would be a part of Wonder Comics.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Anyone read Naomi today, gave us a lot of clues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    About what might be in Wave 2?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It did and didn't in the same time !

We clearly saw Naomi's biological mother, her in her alien/cosmic crib and possibly her biological father (which I doubt, she doesn't look biracial to me).

But I must confess that I am not closer to know where she's from, it looked really brand new to me. Yet, it made me think of Marvel's Asgard...

How crazy would it be if she was an Asgardian in the end ?

BANNED

Ten to Fifteen percent cutback on books according to Didio at the ComicsPRO Retailers convention

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...utting-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ten to Fifteen percent cutback on books according to Didio at the ComicsPRO Retailers convention

Just another day at DiDio Comics, Comics he personally doesnt like the stars of will get cut
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New Bendis interview...

Ex-Marvel Writer May Ultimately Reshape The DC Comics Universe: https://deadline.com/2019/02/brian-m...se-1202560195/

BANNED

Comparing Superman breezing by to Clint Eastwood closing his fly is the comparison the world needs

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I think the most interesting thing from the perspective of Superman is the comment about "connective tissue". It's interesting that Bendis has used that phrase as well to describe the direction of things going forward. I don't think it means what BleedingCool thinks it means, that Didio thinks its bad Bendis has Wonder Comics and Superman, Sndyer Justice League, etc. Only that they want to start having threads from one book pop up in others, even casually like Bendis has done with Superman, Action Comics, and Naomi. So like all this Leviathan stuff is going to bleed over into other books, or maybe even how the Lois or Jimmy books could play with things in the greater DCU.