Page 381 of 613 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 9194

I would have been totally onboard with a subtle change to calling him Ric(k) or whatever, and genuinely still feel it might have had a chance to catch on with others, had it not been attached to a silly xtreme attitude change. But then again, maybe they don't want it to stick. In which case no real harm or foul.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-12-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Naomi Preview w/ significant spoilers on Dee's origins.

https://aux.avclub.com/the-mysteries...ive-1833373886

At least at first blush doesn't appear to mesh with a few theories, though there likely is a lot more to it there.

Also a little more on "Event Leviathan" from Bendis cross posted from the June solicit thread.

IMG_0984.jpg

Amazing Member

Nice, that’s my tweet he’s responding to.

This shows an upcoming page on a future Superman issue. Doesn't have the color yet.

https://www.instagram.com/brianmbend...=13ov9r5zjpb85

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Something a lot of us have been working:

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...05651509186562

Question: "A wee query, what exactly is the Lois/Clark set-up after their chat a few months back? Are they living apart for some reason? Is she meant to have split up with Clark and be seeing Superman (they kissed publicly, I recall). Thanks."

Bendis: "Specifics to be revealed but they are 100% together and 100% in love. See the upcoming superman 80 page special for a big update on the superman family and #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN #whatsupwithjimmyolsenthough"

Action Comics 1004 was just the broaching of the subject. The specifics on it will be shown later starting with the 80 page special. But they're not broken up, and they're 100% still in love.

Also, super hype for more Jimmy stuff! I'm so fascinated by what his book could be about.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The dynamic is definitely changing. Of course we've known this for a long time. But everything that comes out just cements it more. I don't disbelieve Bendis when he says they're definitely still in love and together, but that it keeps needing to be hammered home is the surefire sign that something about it is changing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Something a lot of us have been working:

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...05651509186562

Question: "A wee query, what exactly is the Lois/Clark set-up after their chat a few months back? Are they living apart for some reason? Is she meant to have split up with Clark and be seeing Superman (they kissed publicly, I recall). Thanks."

Bendis: "Specifics to be revealed but they are 100% together and 100% in love. See the upcoming superman 80 page special for a big update on the superman family and #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN #whatsupwithjimmyolsenthough"

Action Comics 1004 was just the broaching of the subject. The specifics on it will be shown later starting with the 80 page special. But they're not broken up, and they're 100% still in love.

Also, super hype for more Jimmy stuff! I'm so fascinated by what his book could be about.
    This is the closest he's come to saying that Lois and Clark are or will still be together as opposed to leaving open the interpretation that it's Lois & Superman. Generally, his language is a little looser.

He's got to be a little annoyed that he's still getting this question, considering he doesn't appear to have intended 1004 to be read as any type of break or foreshadowing of anything negative.

Didn’t know there’s going to be an 80 page special. When’s that supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Didn’t know there’s going to be an 80 page special. When’s that supposed to be?
    Comes out May 29th. Caps off Leviathan Rising and leads into Event Leviathan. Also supposed to set up the Lois and Jimmy books.

Astonishing Member

The 80 page special sounds great.

I think the status quo change for the Super family is Jon's apparent paternity. It's the only thing that can change without splitting Lois and Clark in any form.

Is the Superman special a separate thing from the Year of the Villain one shot Bendis is writing with Snyder?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This is the closest he's come to saying that Lois and Clark are or will still be together as opposed to leaving open the interpretation that it's Lois & Superman. Generally, his language is a little looser.

He's got to be a little annoyed that he's still getting this question, considering he doesn't appear to have intended 1004 to be read as any type of break or foreshadowing of anything negative.
    Considering the way he wrote it, and revelations later down the line, it came off looking really bad in several ways, all of which have been covered here time and again. Like Lois writing a book? She did that in the Lois and Clark mini while still living at home with Clark and Jon. Now, suddenly, she needs to live on her own to write a book? After finding out Superman is admired by some groups out in space (which was common knowledge anyway)? And her calling Clark "Baby" so many times was incredibly out of character for her. If Bendis already hadn't written them so badly OOC as parents and a couple before hand, I would be thinking Bendis was setting them up to split as well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is the Superman special a separate thing from the Year of the Villain one shot Bendis is writing with Snyder?
    2 different things.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    2 different things.
    Sweet looking forward to both. I don’t think that Special has been solicited yet has it? Probably will be in next month’s solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah. The Special closes out Leviathan Rising at the end of May and has the Rucka and Fraction Lois and Jimmy lead ins. The Year of the Villian book is the $0.25 one shot for Free Comic Book Day.

It was solicited last month.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-jimmy-o...reg-rucka/amp/