Page 142 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Tomasi used Manchester Black and Jurgens used Zod, but otherwise you’re right. I think part of it is that Lex has dominated the Superman titles during Rebirth. It’s why I’m glad he’s being shuffled off to the Legion of Doom for now.
    Which is kind of ironic since he wasn't even a villain then .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not really related to Bendis, but don't know where else to put this. Tomasi tweeted his next DC book gets revealed in August and he has another one coming in December. He's been theorized to take over detective, so that would be the August book. He said he is doing something else with super sons, so maybe that's the December project? https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...74014747111426

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh so it's two projects? Given that he landed the Death of Superman gig, and his run is so well regarded, I'd be surprised if at least one of these books isn't Superman related. I keep reminding myself that the line has shrank from 6 books to 3 (soon to be 2), and that likely indicates new books for the line launching soon. Tomasi is most assuredly on one of them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

BENDIS on MAN OF STEEL: SUPERMAN's Hope, Similarities to SPIDER-MAN and MOSES: https://www.newsarama.com/39992-bend...and-moses.html

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The pertinent points from the above interview:

* Again, nothing broken with the current continuity, not a reboot.

* On the possibility that Rogal Zarr is lying about destroying Krypton: "Yeah! He could be just sh*t-talking! He could just be a mean ********* who says mean things to people."

* His original idea for Krypton maybe being destroyed instead of simply dying due to natural disaster came from the frequent comparisons of Superman's story to Moses over the years: "Him rocketing to Earth like the baby Moses went down the river is similar, but Superman escaped a destruction that's an accident. Moses escaped a plague that was being put on his people (Interviewer: "OK, I think I see where you're going.") "Yeah, it's the survivor aspect of it. Surviving a natural disaster versus surviving a cleansing is a completely different situation, mentally. And that's something where, actually, one of the other characters, Martian Manhunter relates to him early on. He's like, someone once said that we were connected by this tragedy, but our tragedies were different, but now they might be similar. It's a different kind of tragedy, and you might not be ready for it."

* "I love (Lois and Jon)! I absolutely love them! And I'm so excited about the tons of Twitter apologies I'm going to get in a few months when people see how much I love them and how I'm not going to kill Lois Lane in the most gruesome way possible just so Superman can laugh hysterically, which is what I'm accused of."

* Plus the standard stuff about how Superman was created as a hopeful figure in a frightening time, and how writing him now is soothing and makes him try to do better himself.
    Buh-bye

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

The pertinent points from the above interview:

* Again, nothing broken with the current continuity, not a reboot.

* On the possibility that Rogal Zarr is lying about destroying Krypton: "Yeah! He could be just sh*t-talking! He could just be a mean ********* who says mean things to people."

* His original idea for Krypton maybe being destroyed instead of simply dying due to natural disaster came from the frequent comparisons of Superman's story to Moses over the years: "Him rocketing to Earth like the baby Moses went down the river is similar, but Superman escaped a destruction that's an accident. Moses escaped a plague that was being put on his people (Interviewer: "OK, I think I see where you're going.") "Yeah, it's the survivor aspect of it. Surviving a natural disaster versus surviving a cleansing is a completely different situation, mentally. And that's something where, actually, one of the other characters, Martian Manhunter relates to him early on. He's like, someone once said that we were connected by this tragedy, but our tragedies were different, but now they might be similar. It's a different kind of tragedy, and you might not be ready for it."

* "I love (Lois and Jon)! I absolutely love them! And I'm so excited about the tons of Twitter apologies I'm going to get in a few months when people see how much I love them and how I'm not going to kill Lois Lane in the most gruesome way possible just so Superman can laugh hysterically, which is what I'm accused of."

* Plus the standard stuff about how Superman was created as a hopeful figure in a frightening time, and how writing him now is soothing and makes him try to do better himself.
    Well Bendis is trying everything in his power to get people to not get on his case about Lois and Jon and given how Super Sons received a maxi series I can say with more confidence that Jon will still be around and Damian will still be Batman's son.

I am concerned about Rogol Zaar as he sounds pretty generic as everyone has been saying the only compensating thing about him is his voice which is not the same way most Bendis characters talk.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well Bendis is trying everything in his power to get people to not get on his case about Lois and Jon and given how Super Sons received a maxi series I can say with more confidence that Jon will still be around and Damian will still be Batman's son.

I am concerned about Rogol Zaar as he sounds pretty generic as everyone has been saying the only compensating thing about him is his voice which is not the same way most Bendis characters talk.
    He needs to try harder, then, because his comment here doesn't help. He's mocking, not showing empathy, and creating a strawman version of concerns about Lois. His comments are worthless.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I do wonder if after sales weren't so good on man of steel pre orders, DC's PR team realized it wasn't a good idea to tease Lois and Jon's fate and worry fans. Because the Bendis in this interview seems a lot more reassuring about Lois and Jon and talking about them more than we have seen almost the entire press run so far. I know it was always the plan for Lois and Jon to be alright, but the way Bendis is talking here seems a lot different than before.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I do wonder if after sales weren't so good on man of steel pre orders, DC's PR team realized it wasn't a good idea to tease Lois and Jon's fate and worry fans. Because the Bendis in this interview seems a lot more reassuring about Lois and Jon and talking about them more than we have seen almost the entire press run so far. I know it was always the plan for Lois and Jon to be alright, but the way Bendis is talking here seems a lot different than before.
    Hmm interesting points but has Bendis really gone along with the DC's PR campaign in past interviews?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 05-18-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    He needs to try harder, then, because his comment here doesn't help. He's mocking, not showing empathy, and creating a strawman version of concerns about Lois. His comments are worthless.
    I kind of saw it as someone who was trying to jest with those who have gone out of their way to attack him regarding Lois and Jon. But if that's how you feel about especially with the solicitations that have come out I can understand to a degree.

Considering how he's clearly joking around, I dont' think he has to try harder at anything. He does not remotely come across as the type of person to want nor expect apologies, regardless whether people end up relieved at what he does with certain characters or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Considering how he's clearly joking around, I dont' think he has to try harder at anything. He does not remotely come across as the type of person to want nor expect apologies, regardless whether people end up relieved at what he does with certain characters or not.
    Joking around is the problem. This is something people clearly care about, and to joke or be flippant about it in any way is insensitive.

Its not a problem at all. He's free to have a sense of humor just like anyone else is. Jokes do not equal not caring about the content of his work nor the consumers said work is being delivered to. And at the end of the day, that's all that's required, and that will end up speaking for itself one way or another. No one should have to focus so heavily on walking on eggshells for the easily-and-constantly-offended social media scene, though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-18-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not really related to Bendis, but don't know where else to put this. Tomasi tweeted his next DC book gets revealed in August and he has another one coming in December. He's been theorized to take over detective, so that would be the August book. He said he is doing something else with super sons, so maybe that's the December project? https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...74014747111426
    I hope that the next project is related with the Super too.. Supergirl serie return.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-18-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not a problem at all. He's free to have a sense of humor just like anyone else is. Jokes do not equal not caring about the content of his work. And at the end of the day, caring about your work is all that's required, and that will end up speaking for itself one way or another. No one should have to focus so heavily on walking on eggshells for the easily-offended social media scene, though.
    No one said anything about freedom. Anyone is free to be jerk, but that doesn't make them less of a jerk. I also didn't say he didn't care about his work. I said his jokes showed he didn't care about the feelings of those who were concerned about his work. I don't think it's too much to ask for a little more civility from Bendis given he's the one trying to get people to buy his product.

No, but it's so funny! Because if you follow my work, of course I love Lois Lane! I love Lois Lane!

What the hell does he mean by this, by the way? As far as I'm aware, his work has yet to feature Lois Lane. Unless he means his work in the future. It's just silly that he thinks saying he loves Lois over and over is reassuring.