Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
I'm in total agreement here.

Man, who ever thought that we'd be talking about a Bendis book and saying "it's moving too fast!"?

But you're right, a lot of stuff has been rushed and I think that's part of why this run isn't working for some people. Take the whole "Clark and Lois let Jon go to space with gramps" thing. People are *still* bitching about that two years later. That's a decision that is perfectly in character for Clark and Lois but the conversation needed at least a full issue to play out if we were to really get the full swing of it. And that sort of thing has happened several times now.

And Clark going public? That's......man, I'm with Sacred on how important that is. The Clark-Superman dynamic is where the true character is found and screwing with that.....it's hard to have any trust in DC with this; they've proven to be criminally incompetent and messing around with something as fundamental as the secret identity? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. But it does seem like Bendis is building this right (so far) so.....it might turn out okay?

So, what is it that got changed? Bendis admitted that "what" wasn't the original plan? Are we talking about 5G here? Is that not a Bendis proposal?
People are only bitching about it because people got a whiplash. This wasn't a keep everyone at arms length clark kent. This guy was well settled.
He and lois came from another world and made a life for himself and the kid. He didn't need that kind of nonsense, Same with lois.lois and clark showed how much clark has grown comfortable in his skin.It was awful how they handled it. They shoved off their kid in space with a lunatic whose mess clark is still cleaning up. They didn't even care. AC#1004 is one of the worst issues in the past 10 years for me.if i had my way i would completely erase it. I mean, what was that. Yuck!
As for Clark's coming out party, I have no issue. If this is the same guy who feels comfortable in his own skin. I could see him come out. I think the jor el reason bendis gave is pretty potent. I could see clark taking the "no More lies" to heart. But the thing is i don't feel the same thing anymore. Clark is back to being troubled and confused again regarding his personal life in bendis run. He isn't the laidback superdad(until the kid gets hurt) he was in rebirth. That's not how coming out party should have been Written. Clark's uniqueness should be celebrated that includes himself. This is'nt something like that. This feels more like a reaction than a next step in Clark's life.