Page 585 of 613 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 9194

Yes, seems like he is still writing the book. I say we may have another year of his run, considering all the Coronavirus delays.
    I think he meant he was starting to wrap up his run, but that could take several arcs.

I don't think his run has been as bad as some people make it out to be. His first few Action issues were actually pretty good.

I will say Rogol Zaar is INCREDIBLY boring and the Superman monthly has suffered a lot due to him being the main villain for so long.
    And a lot of Bendis' decisions weren't the greatest. Aging Jon so much is definitely my least favorite thing from this entire period. I do wish that gets retconned somehow and Jon is back to being a kid who didn't live through all those years of suffering on Earth-3.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Getting voice great and all his superman is very bland for me. Boring.

Well, here we go. I was hoping for a different voice on atleast superman, if not jon.
    Death Metal ends January 2021 barring any delays, so maybe then?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Death Metal ends January 2021 barring any delays, so maybe then?
    The rest of the year for his run seems about right.

Given how far in advance he writes, 6-8 months from the sound of it, coupled with the Corona delays, if he’s winding down now he could still have a year or more left.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Given how far in advance he writes, 6-8 months from the sound of it, coupled with the Corona delays, if he’s winding down now he could still have a year or more left.
    Late 2021 or early 2022 seems to be the endpoint I’d wager. Either way I think 2021 will be his last “year” on the book. I’m curious what his plans are now with 5G dead. Does he just keep writing Clark Kent Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Late 2021 or early 2022 seems to be the endpoint I’d wager. Either way I think 2021 will be his last “year” on the book. I’m curious what his plans are now with 5G dead. Does he just keep writing Clark Kent Superman?
    I’d imagine. There’s nothing set up that would preclude just building out on the stories he’s already telling. Jon could even factor in essentially functioning as Superman on Earth while Bendis writes Clark dealing with the UP or something. Or he could just keep going with the identity reveal for a while and spin out of that. It’s not like they’ve committed to anything in the books and stories they’ve told already that requires Jon to take over. The identity reveal wasn’t supposed to spin out of everything either.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, Bendis' run on Superman has been the most I've enjoyed the character and his world for a long time - but I'm glad he's starting to wrap it up. There are few things more frustrating than a really effective run ending abruptly or unsatisfyingly*, so having enjoyed the beginning and the middle it's nice to know that there's an actual planned "end".

*My beloved Grayson, take a bow.

I’d never read Superman before Bendis. I’ve followed so much of his work that I had to start reading the books. I’ve thoroughly his run. I’m not I would’ve ever read a Superman book before him.

Anecdotal evidence but I recently moved from a moderate sized town to a major city, and my new library’s Superman collection... is a bit lacking compared to the town I came from lol. Some of the locations only have Bendis’ Superman trades and that’s it. It’s curious to me how that works.

Anecdotal evidence but I recently moved from a moderate sized town to a major city, and my new library’s Superman collection... is a bit lacking compared to the town I came from lol. Some of the locations only have Bendis’ Superman trades and that’s it. It’s curious to me how that works.
    My library has most of the Tomasi/Jurgens Rebirth stuff, Pak's Batman/Superman, Bendis, and a trade from Gail Simone's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My library has most of the Tomasi/Jurgens Rebirth stuff, Pak's Batman/Superman, Bendis, and a trade from Gail Simone's run.
    My old library had everything from New 52 up through Bendis. The main Superbooks and pretty much all the spinoffs. Someone there must have really loved Superman lol. Also had the Golden Age collections, the Johns run, some of Busiek’s books, and most of Loeb’s Superman/Batman run. Also all the “classics” like All-Star, Red Son, etc. It was pretty damn impressive. I like my new library but I miss having so many physical Superman trades to read. I read floppies digitally but I like to read trades physically.

My old library had everything from New 52 up through Bendis. The main Superbooks and pretty much all the spinoffs. Someone there must have really loved Superman lol. Also had the Golden Age collections, the Johns run, some of Busiek’s books, and most of Loeb’s Superman/Batman run. Also all the “classics” like All-Star, Red Son, etc. It was pretty damn impressive. I like my new library but I miss having so many physical Superman trades to read. I read floppies digitally but I like to read trades physically.
    Wow, that's amazing .

BANNED

Barf. I’m so beyond tired of Lana’s constant rewrites and I can’t stand her as a literal superhero. It’s so unearned and not remotely necessary.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 06-14-2020 at 08:42 PM.

I thought she lost her powers? In any case could be fun to see her fight alongside Superman if her characterization is good. I still worry about pulling a tension angle just making her a nuisance to the wonderful benevolent family, but if they avoid that, could be somewhat fun.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-14-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El