Page 586 of 613 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I thought she lost her powers? In any case could be fun to see her fight alongside Superman if her characterization is good. I still worry about pulling a tension angle just making her a nuisance to the wonderful benevolent family, but if they avoid that, could be somewhat fun.
    I don’t remember her losing her powers, just getting a new origin since Reborn messed with the timeline.

Ahhh, okay, maybe I was getting my stories muddled.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm confident she did lose her power and had to use a suit in the last issues. But I may be wrong, consider how badly damaged this series was by Reborn. Which is a shame because prior to it it was the second best Super-book on the shelves, after New Superman.

It’s probably a one page flashback with the way Bendis promotes things. Especially since it’d undermine her apparent role in the story to herself have secret identity still.

Astonishing Member

I thought Rebirth wiped away all memory of the New 52 Superman, including his death. It was his death that gave superpowers to Lana (and to the New 52 Lois, who died soon thereafter) as part of the transfer of the "essence" of that Superman to a temporary vessel, namely the Superwomen. Lana lost that "essence" (including the superpowers) in the Kryptonian resuscitation chamber, and they transferred to the "other" Superman (the Convergence one), triggering Rebirth. Now no one remembers the New 52 Superman or his death, so they also don't remember the two Superwomen who existed between his death and Rebirth. That means that in the reset timeline, Lana doesn't have superpowers, and she never did. Any Lana-as-Superwoman in the rebooted timeline has to involve a super-suit.

Or did I not understand what was going on? Granted, I read it when it happened and probably soon forgot most of it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I thought Rebirth wiped away all memory of the New 52 Superman, including his death. It was his death that gave superpowers to Lana (and to the New 52 Lois, who died soon thereafter) as part of the transfer of the "essence" of that Superman to a temporary vessel, namely the Superwomen. Lana lost that "essence" (including the superpowers) in the Kryptonian resuscitation chamber, and they transferred to the "other" Superman (the Convergence one), triggering Rebirth. Now no one remembers the New 52 Superman or his death, so they also don't remember the two Superwomen who existed between his death and Rebirth. That means that in the reset timeline, Lana doesn't have superpowers, and she never did. Any Lana-as-Superwoman in the rebooted timeline has to involve a super-suit.

Or did I not understand what was going on? Granted, I read it when it happened and probably soon forgot most of it.
    Nah, you're right. Either this is a flashback like Yoda suggested or Bendis gave her powers again or maybe he's just ignoring continuity.

I hope we finally get Steel to show up in this, he needs to hav a big role in the super books again.

New Super-Man Kenan Kong still got his powers from Superman’s solar flare, so those events haven’t been completely erased. Also WW by Orlando references the romance between Supes and Wondy so that’s not completely gone either. Lana from what I recall, got her powers from Red Kryptonite in the new post-Reborn continuity.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    New Super-Man Kenan Kong still got his powers from Superman’s solar flare, so those events haven’t been completely erased. Also WW by Orlando references the romance between Supes and Wondy so that’s not completely gone either. Lana from what I recall, got her powers from Red Kryptonite in the new post-Reborn continuity.
    I didn't know about the Orlando reference, that just makes continuity all the more confusing when other writers act like they never had a romance. And how would they have even gotten together in the reborn timeline, he and Lois were together most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I didn't know about the Orlando reference, that just makes continuity all the more confusing when other writers act like they never had a romance. And how would they have even gotten together in the reborn timeline, he and Lois were together most of the time?
    No clue lol. But given that Bendis and DC have started to acknowledge the reboots as in-universe events that actually happened that the characters are investigating, I just treat it as “it all happened, Supes just may not remember it”. The “COIE” explanation.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think recontextualizing their relationship to being early in Clark's career as a superhero makes sense. He was frustrated with how Lois loved Kal but seemed to overlook Clark and met an equal in Diana who happened to be pretty damn groovy herself. Perhaps things weren't working quite so well with Steve at the time. They give a shot, doesn't last and they split as friends.

I don't think Reborn needed to erase it, but given the fanfare Rebirth got and how the New 52 Superman had a bad reputation, they really wanted to slam dunk "we're sorry, it's going to be what you like now" by erasing him from existence. Don't get me wrong, more of New 52 Supes was bad than good in my reading, but even I can see the value of shuffling the finer points of his adventures into "post Golden Age, pre the usual status quo" of his timeline. Obviously you lose stuff like Truth, but I dunno. Reading that the relationship happened again isn't something that can't work.

Post Crisis Superman kinda had a tease with WW too, so I’m fine with it as an early fling. They both broke up and moved on while remaining friends.

Astonishing Member

I agree about keeping it during Reborn as something that happens much earlier in his career, that ends amicably because they are simply not Steve or Lois. It wouldn't change how things are now, honestly. I expected N52 to "end" with the current status quo anyway because they'd made it clear at the start that Clark did have feelings for Lois (he never acted on because she was emotionally attached to someone else, just swap this Jonathan-Nobody for Superman) before he got with Diana but DC seemed desperate to throw the baby out with the bath water and as a result we've somehow lost the opportunity of solidify that golden age-like beginning as part of this Superman's career. I love that he starts off brash and impetuous but as the years pass he learns not every thing is solved with his fists even if he really gets good in that department.

Do we even have a lock in what the background is for this Superman?

I think the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman in this universe never existed. Apparently Diana as Superman remembers events before Reborn. Clark told Kara events that happened before and during Reborn. They remember events that did not exist in the new version of the universe. After Reborn some energy remained within Lana's suit which was later found to be Red Kryptonite radiation.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't particularly care if superman dates a tree. As for giving goldenage like beginning for superman.What for? This character is different. He is written differently and with a different mindset by writers.

Astonishing Member

He's different now because he's in a vastly different place in his life, that does not preclude him having a golden age like beginning. This type of thing does happen, even in real life. Like Nelson Mandela for instance he was a different man after he left prison than the one who went in. While his methodology evolved, the ultimate goal remained the same. The golden age past should be a part of any/every version of Superman. It's his history. The elder statesman Mandela would not be the man people know today without the armed struggle part of his life. Every bit of experience informs the whole, isn't that the whole point of DC now singing "everything happened"? For this fan at least, everything did happen.