Page 355 of 613 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon is nothing like todoroki, though. Todoroki is cool, calm and has that anguished soul thing going on like kakashi. Jon isn't anything like that, he is like boruto or Deku(without their whining or outspoken nature of boruto).
    Jon is a legacy. So by definition will have a fanbase that is built on something that already existed. And Jon always had fans that were not part of that as well. Just check reddit, twitter, YouTube... Etc. There were guys who did not care for even superman that liked superdad. And there were people who were sick of Damian like myself(because of non stop push) , who really dug him because of supersons.
    I didn't say Jon was similar to Todorki, I said he would be as popular as Todorki.

After you said Jon has lost the kawaii factor, I mentioned the hot factor b/c it's just as much a pull as being cute especially for female fans, which was the whole point of my first post.

You brought up Midoriya not being considered hot, I brought up Todorki and said that Jon would essentially be on the same wavelength of popularity that Todoroki is ...has nothing to do with personality, this is strictly physical and shallow.

As for the whole other subject you brought up relating to fanbase, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that Jon had a built in fanbase as a legacy character, the reactions to aged up Jon being a prime example and while Jon as a kid may have gained his own fans outside of that built in fanbase, that doesn't necessarily change the fact that teenaged Jon will gain fans as well.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I didn't say Jon was similar to Todorki, I said he would be as popular as Todorki.

After you said Jon has lost the kawaii factor, I mentioned the hot factor b/c it's just as much a pull as being cute especially for female fans, which was the whole point of my first post.

You brought up Midoriya not being considered hot, I brought up Todorki and said that Jon would essentially be on the same wavelength of popularity that Todoroki is ...has nothing to do with personality, this is strictly physical and shallow.

As for the whole other subject you brought up relating to fanbase, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that Jon had a built in fanbase as a legacy character, the reactions to aged up Jon being a prime example and while Jon as a kid may have gained his own fans outside of that built in fanbase, that doesn't necessarily change the fact that teenaged Jon will gain fans as well.
    Oh! So you think jon will popular because jon is now physically attractive now. Gotcha. I don't see it though,maybe it's because i am a guy. I always thought todoroki, kakashi.. Etc were liked by the female demographics because of their personality, temperament and backstory. I could be wrong.at this point, another teen is not something i am looking forward to. Let's just agree to disagree.
    I like to see jon more as a kid hero because they have a wondrous perspective on the fantastical DCu which can be naive and innocent at times. Teens are generally depicted favouring cynicism more than true optimism. Plus there was no relationship drama.Had not even started noticing them yet, majorly.

BANNED

A reminder that this is a big day for Bendis and Burbank

Today at DC Comics’ Burbank Studios, there is a mandatory editorial meeting for all staff, in which DC Comics executives will explain upcoming changes to the company – and those working there. Bleeding Cool has previously reported on two rounds of people being laid off, with more expected to come, as well as high-level rumours of just what DC Comics plans are, dubbed the New 22 – though denied by Dan DiDio. It is possible leaks may come from that meeting over the rest of the week.

On the same day, DC’s new wunderkind Brian Michael Bendis is running an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session on reddit/r/comicbooks. While this is an opportunity to, as it says, ask him anything, it’s also an opportunity for Brian Bendis to get out ahead of any leaks and make some announcements of his own.

Bleeding Cool has been told that whatever gets announced to DC editorial, will be announced to retailers at the upcoming ComicsPRO comics retailer industry event held in Charlotte, North Carolina, this week. Whatever is announced, is expected to go wide shortly afterwards.

The DC Comics presentation and Q&A session is timed for 9:35 am – 10:35 am ET this Thursday. Marvel’s presentation and Q&A with David Gabriel will follow from 11:10 am – 12:10 pm.

You may start your speculation engines… now.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...nts-dc-comics/

BANNED

I'm sorry but just who exactly is Bendis to get rid of Spyral? Surely writers associated with Batman, Dick Grayson and Damian may want to use the concept.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I'm sorry but just who exactly is Bendis to get rid of Spyral? Surely writers associated with Batman, Dick Grayson and Damian may want to use the concept.
    It could be temporary. I hardly think any of these organizations would remain gone after Leviathan is brought down.

Master Hero Vladimir

Given that Jon's character development seems to be a major element in Bendis' upcoming stories, some people on this forum expect, or even hope, that Jon will succeed his father as the new Superman. At the risk of upsetting some people, I can only hope this doesn't come to pass. This would be like the time that Dick Grayson temporarily became Batman, it was unnecessary, artificial and purely done to increase sales. There is bring Clark down a few pegs just to prop up or propel Jon forward. I think that if Jon became Superman, it would feel as if Jon was handed over that honor and he didn't actually earn it.

The simple truth to all of this is that Clark is Superman. That's how people know him as and how people like him best. He became Superman through his own merits and accomplishments. If Jon became Superman, then it would come off as Jon getting the title through family connections. Yes, Jon is trying to live up to his father's legacy but there has to be a better way to do that than just riding on his father's coattails. And yes, I know that by using the mantle and identity of Superboy, Jon is already riding on his father's coattails, but let's face it, Superboy is merely a supporting character in Superman's story. As long as Jon remains in the role of Superboy, he can create his own legacy without having to worry about following on his father's footsteps.

The story of Superboy will likely become complicated, no doubt because of Conner Kent's return to the DC Universe, and it will be interesting to see how a Conner/Jon relationship would develop, but I hope Bendis can keep these two Superboys within their own narratives and stories instead of getting them to become the next Superman. There is no need to fix something that's not even broken. Superman is fine the way he is. Superman doesn't need a successor, he needs a family.

So? Bendis wants to tell this story right now. If King wanted to use Spyral I’m sure he’d have it declared off-limits for his Batman run. I doubt anyone else has any plans to use it.

Bendis has said that Didio asked him to look at all the secret organizations in the DCU as one of the areas they specifically wanted him to work with. So the likelihood is that they realized they had like a dozen secret societies just sitting there doing nothing and wanted a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Bendis has said that Didio asked him to look at all the secret organizations in the DCU as one of the areas they specifically wanted him to work with. So the likelihood is that they realized they had like a dozen secret societies just sitting there doing nothing and wanted a story.
    I’ve wanted someone to do something with the secret organizations for a while as well. I would never have expected to be on the same page as Didio and Bendis about so much stuff.

BANNED

Here's the link to the Bendis AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...is_today_at_2/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Full AMA is up now: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...Q9&sh=b62bb93a

That’s not how a shared universe works. First come first serve.

Did anybody get their questions answered yet.

I listed 4 questions and Bendis answered the first one which was a Naomi question.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-19-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Did anybody get their questiona answered yet.

I listed 4 questions and Bendis answered the first one which was a Naomi question.
    I noticed it was you !

I hope to have at least one answer concerning Leviathan, if he picks up my questions, but I won't hold my breath. I've real bad luck for this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I noticed it was you !

I hope to have at least one answer concerning Leviathan, if he picks up my questions, but I won't hold my breath. I've real bad luck for this kind of thing.
    How many questions did you ask him? Are they all Leviathan related...