Page 573 of 613 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9194

Can Lana do that? I have zero insight on this, but "reporting on reporters" seems like the kind of thing that would be taboo. Is this a thing, I geniunely want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can Lana do that? I have zero insight on this, but "reporting on reporters" seems like the kind of thing that would be taboo. Is this a thing, I geniunely want to know.
    Not your average everyday reporters, but Superman and Lois Lane working as reporters together for a rival newspaper? You absolutely can do a story on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah well she already was among certain segments of the fandom after that bait and switch with Lois Lane Superwoman Rebirth book. And there was all that unpleasantness Pre-Flashpoint...
    True, I also remember her winning over fans though with the way Pak portrayed her. I thought it killed a lot of that pre-FP rep when Austen pretty much hung her out to dry. I'd hate to see it happen again but I'm afraid of some overly dramatic "you have no right to put our lives on blast blah blah blah" stuff between Clark and Lois against her. And not saying they'd not be right, its not just not how I want Lana portrayed, as some annoyance horning in on their lives.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Considering Lana has known Clark was Superman for longer than Lois, how is she really in any position to criticize or report on that story?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Considering Lana has known Clark was Superman for longer than Lois, how is she really in any position to criticize or report on that story?
    We don’t really know what the form the story could take. Could be exoneration against accusations that Lois used her relationship with Supes to scoop stories, which Lana never did. If it’s just her ragging on Lois for keeping the secret then yeah that won’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Doesn't this only apply when Clark was Superboy? He currently wasn't ever Superboy - that's why the Legion in Doomsday Clock got wiped and replaced by the current version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We don’t really know what the form the story could take. Could be exoneration against accusations that Lois used her relationship with Supes to scoop stories, which Lana never did. If it’s just her ragging on Lois for keeping the secret then yeah that won’t make any sense.
    If she’s going to be helpful it kind of makes sense. She could step in and vouch for Clark. But it’s kind of been couched like she’s going to be somewhat of an antagonist. If she was going to go after anyone for that it’d have to also go after Clark. If the story is that Clark has used his powers to scoop people, which would be the case for him as much as Lois has written stories with him, Lana knew it too. What’s her stance - this thing you did was wrong, but ignore that I knew you did it for decades and didn’t tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't this only apply when Clark was Superboy? He currently wasn't ever Superboy - that's why the Legion in Doomsday Clock got wiped and replaced by the current version.
    No, she knew he had powers post-crisis as well. Nothing to do with Superboy. I don’t know what the current background is, but she’s known he was Superman for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But Doomsday Clock specifically reinstated his time as Superboy, there is literally a page where it says because the JSA existed Superboy was accepted which then inspired the Legion. However, it was the new Legion because I assume of the reality and timeline changes.

Honestly the only problem is the disconnect between the Legions big return in Doomsday Clock and their reappearance in Superman (honestly a big problem that DC dealing overall with Doomsday Clock), I assume someone will have to explain it later down the line. I mean they have to because Bendis is using the now alive Kent family in Superman and Action Comics, so the Legion has to apply as well I think.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-24-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It seems to me the most likely explanation with the Legion, at least knowing what we know right now, is that the Legion recruits Jon, and then later on after Jon's time with them is done, they bring in teen Clark.

We know Jon's Legion is relatively new and inexperienced, while the Legion Clark joins has been around for a minute. Clark's memories with the Legion must have been wiped (Johns pulled the same trick when he brought them back in post-Crisis) so he doesn't remember them, and when the Legion recruit Jon on Unity Day, they haven't met Clark yet either.

Unless Bendis is ignoring that part of Clock while using other parts (the Kents) this is about the only thing that makes much sense.

As for Lana....I figure there will be either a subversion of expectation and she'll turn out to be supporting the Kents in some way, or she'll call Clark out on using his position to further his career. And if she does, then that's totally acceptable in my mind; Clark using Superman in his reporting has always been unethical and I won't mind if Lana calls him out on it. Though presumably she's been in Metropolis for years, and why she wouldn't say anything, even in private, until now is....questionable.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

In the latest interview with CBR, Scott Snyder just flat out says that the way Doctor Manhattan fixes the timeline at the end of Doomsday Clock DOES NOT WORK, and that it's Death Metal that will fix the timeline.

Snyder: "Right now, the way Perpetua and the Batman Who Laughs function in the story is that the heroes learn that Crises past have contorted the timeline and the DC timeline was been twisted by these Crises; almost knotted at certain moments and caused us to forget certain stories and caused us to start over at different times, to feel twisted and separated from our own past and future. And Doctor Manhattan, in Doomsday Clock, tried to right that aspect of our timeline but, for some reason, it didn't fully take effect. And so the heroes are looking for a bigger way to unite the DCU in a single storyline that links everyone and tells the ways that we're all connected and part of one community."

Kind of shocked that no one was talking about this. But, yeah, there it is.

In any case, Bendis still has Clark being Superboy at some point in his past. This is brought up in Legion issue 2. That said, Clark has never served as a member of the Legion. He literally says to Jon that he's never had opportunists like this when he was his age.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-24-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In the latest interview with CBR, Scott Snyder just flat out says that the way Doctor Manhattan fixes the timeline at the end of Doomsday Clock DOES NOT WORK, and that it's Death Metal that will fix the timeline.

Snyder: "Right now, the way Perpetua and the Batman Who Laughs function in the story is that the heroes learn that Crises past have contorted the timeline and the DC timeline was been twisted by these Crises; almost knotted at certain moments and caused us to forget certain stories and caused us to start over at different times, to feel twisted and separated from our own past and future. And Doctor Manhattan, in Doomsday Clock, tried to right that aspect of our timeline but, for some reason, it didn't fully take effect. And so the heroes are looking for a bigger way to unite the DCU in a single storyline that links everyone and tells the ways that we're all connected and part of one community."

In any case, Bendis still has Clark being Superboy at some point in his past. This is brought up in Legion issue 2. That said, Clark has never served as a member of the Legion. He literally says to Jon that he's never had opportunists like this when he was his age.
    Can I get a link to that interview?

So in other words "We don't like Johns' reboot idea anymore so we're doing mine."

That still doesn't match up though. Clock brought back the Kents (and Clark-Superboy?), and Bendis is running with that, but we don't also get Clark in the Legion, even though the current setup leaves a perfectly viable way to do that and Clock already established it? They just gonna cherry pick the crap they want from Clock, and prove that the continuity really doesn't matter, huh?

Bah. A pox on you DC! If I have to put up with living Kents the least you coulda done is balance that out with the Legion.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can I get a link to that interview?
    https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dar...s-death-metal/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Link: https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dar...tm_name=iossmf

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So in other words "We don't like Johns' reboot idea anymore so we're doing mine."
    Basically. I mean, even DiDio was saying (before he left) that Doomsday Clock would have happened in the timeline, but changed. This seems like a consistent narrative among everyone at DC.

They just gonna cherry pick the crap they want from Clock,
    Pretty much, yeah, seems like it.

and prove that the continuity really doesn't matter, huh?
    But in regards to continuity, Death Metal is supposed to be about making "everything" (though we know it doesn't really me capital E Everything) count basically like the timeline DiDio showed off. It sounds so much like the timeline in fact, that I'm incline to think that it is some form of it, and that'll be what DC sticks with. In the timeline Clark was Superboy as a kid, the JSA were around, Wonder Woman was the first superhero, and there was no mention of the Legion or Clark going into the future.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-24-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Link: https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dar...tm_name=iossmf

Basically. I mean, even DiDio was saying (before he left) that Doomsday Clock would have happened in the timeline, but changed. This seems like a consistent narrative among everyone at DC.

Pretty much, yeah, seems like it.

But in regards to continuity, Death Metal is supposed to be about making "everything" (though we know it doesn't really me capital E Everything) count basically like the timeline DiDio showed off. It sounds so much like the timeline in fact, that I'm incline to think that it is some form of it, and that'll be what DC sticks with. In the timeline Clark was Superboy as a kid, the JSA were around, Wonder Woman was the first superhero, and there was no mention of the Legion or Clark going into the future.
    That timeline gives me a headache. Did Clark travel to the past as Superboy instead of the future? Why even keep a Superboy, if you aren't using the best part of that:Legion.