Page 331 of 613 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think Bendis' run is taking place after Doomsday Clock's conclusion. So Jor El will be freed from Manhattan and there will be some sort of reconciliation/reunion between him and Clark that will take place before Man of Steel.

Alternatively, the conclusion of Doomsday Clock will have some sort of time shenanigans that cuts the whole Mr. Oz episode out of the timeline. Meaning when the missing 10 years or whatever is restored to the DCU timeline Mr. Oz's manipulations and the events of the Oz Effect storyline will be cut from the timeline. Making Jor El the quirky grandpa Bendis has written him as instead of a reformed terrorist leader.
    I would rather he be redeemed and go back to being where he belongs after doomsday clock. in Clark's past. This kind of butchering of jor el has left a serious bad taste in my mouth.
    I would take this jor el acting this way because he is influenced by manhattan Than him being a jerk and a hypocrite on his own accord.
    Then, again forthemanwhohaseverything didn't exactly portray him as some beacon.him being Clark's father who saved him .Had made him an idealized image in time. This is essentially tearing that image down to show the truth. Like in that comic.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Coming up in Superman.

If I had to guess? They seem to be passing through a red sun system, so that means no powers for a bit. Jon seems be lazing about, and falling asleep to TV while he waits it out. This would be the equivalent of a rainy day for a Superboy. Based on Bendis words "uh oh! Jon needs to get a paper route" I'd imagine Jor-El coming to get Jon to do something more productive to contract Jon's idleness.

Also, I really dig that ship design. I hope it's the ship Clark and Jon take on their "road trip."

Last edited by Superlad93; 01-20-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Why is he watching the titans? He seems really lonely. Kids his age should be spending time with other kids. Now, he is stuck with this guy, alone.
    I still think, this is future jon who has experienced all this and kid jon is out there.
    I wonder, how he would have wrote the family status quo, with out aging up and other gimmicks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Coming up in Superman.

If I had to guess? They seem to be passing through a red sun system, so that means no powers for a bit. Jon seems be lazing about, and falling asleep to TV while he waits it out. This would be the equivalent of a rainy day for a Superboy. Based on Bendis words "uh oh! Jon needs to get a paper route" I'd imagine Jor-El coming to get Jon to do something more productive to contract Jon's idleness.

Also, I really dig that ship design. I hope it's the ship Clark and Jon take on their "road trip."

Why is Tim on the Titans team?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Why is Tim on the Titans team?

It's from the Walmart giant TT book they sell there, it has Tim as the Robin for the story.

Kon93

I actually would like to see Jon in space as a 10 year old without this dumb age up. I think you can get the same story potential, actually a lot more out of a 10 year Jon stuck in space, then you can with a 17 year old Jon who has done it and now it's all flashbacks.

Older Jon has 1 good potential, it's the whole helping push the Super name across the galaxy and starting the Legion, and I think if bendis played it right 10 year old Jon can pull off the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    It's from the Walmart giant TT book they sell there, it has Tim as the Robin for the story.
    So Jon is peering into the Wal-Mart Universe?

Kon93

So Jon is peering into the Wal-Mart Universe?

LOL, yes, yes he is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    LOL, yes, yes he is
    At least that sort of makes those stories count then.

At least that sort of makes those stories count then.
    You really want a thousand deaths of lois canon. I hope jon didn't see that because it will be like Manchester black all over again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You really want a thousand deaths of lois canon. I hope jon didn't see that because it will be like Manchester black all over again
    Isn't Bendis' Batman at least written like it's part of TK's Batman's continuity but TK's Superman hasn't been shown to be part of Bendis/current Superman continuity, therefore it can be happily ignored?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Depends, would the monitoring system be able to peer into that version of Clark's mind?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Don't know how I missed it, but Bendis tagged pic he posted with #mrozschoolforgiftedyoungsters

As in "Mr. Oz's school for gifted youngsters."

This seems like the context that he wants readers to take Jon's time with Jor-El in. I wonder if Bendis will be treating Oz with the same "for the greater good" moral grayness Marvel tended to write Prof X with? Or maybe Oz is more Magneto than X (Jor-El did apparently start a war)?

There are some striking similarities to the X-Men now that I think about it. Kid who is genetically different from either of his parents? Check. Older gentlemen comes to the kid offering answers to questions and issues kid is having? Check. Kid has to go to some sort of learning environment with the old dude, and stay there? Check. Along with teach the kid about their powers, the old dude has a specific agenda that he'll use the kid to get to? Check. Humanitarian work? Check.

Hmm interesting lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-21-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think maybe it's supposed to be either Jon having the AI make something up for him to watch, or it's just a cool ad for a book, and you're not supposed to take it too seriously. Either way I don't think it factors into the story beyond reinforcing the idea that Jon really thought the Teen Titans were cool when he was a kid.
    He was tsunadere about it. But, he did. Especially because Damian was a titan. I do think he is little lonely, though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Action Comics #1009 variant by Jeff Dekal: