Page 409 of 613 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The trunks were Didio.
    Nah they were both. Didio asked Bendis if he wanted them back and Bendis said sure. He claimed not to even be aaware of the controversy lol. I personally wish the Reborn suit was still around and in use, I liked Superman and Batman’s Rebirth outfits and was sad when they were retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah they were both. Didio asked Bendis if he wanted them back and Bendis said sure. He claimed not to even be aaware of the controversy lol. I personally wish the Reborn suit was still around and in use, I liked Superman and Batman’s Rebirth outfits and was sad when they were retired.
    Yeah, I just meant that that wasn't something Bendis came up with, it was an editorial suggestion he went with. I think a lot of the changes we've seen started out this way, like the new take on the marriage, with Didio saying "What do you think about..." and Bendis working out the details. Leviathan was the big one.

But Bendis probably agreed to the trunks solely to do those jokes in Action 1000.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I just meant that that wasn't something Bendis came up with, it was an editorial suggestion he went with. I think a lot of the changes we've seen started out this way, like the new take on the marriage, with Didio saying "What do you think about..." and Bendis working out the details. Leviathan was the big one.

But Bendis probably agreed to the trunks solely to do those jokes in Action 1000.
    Isn't Didio one of those guys that thinks the heroes worlds should always be dark and the heroes shouldn't know happiness!! Their worlds should be filled with pain and suffering! He want to end superman marriage!! Like what they did with Batman wedding to Catwoman! Everything should be about darkness!!

I dunno if he feels that way about the entire DCU but he has publicly said things along those lines about the Gotham-based heroes. I think this was the main reason why Batwoman's marriage got axed.

Looking at some of the choices he's approved during his tenure, like Nora Allen's death, I think its possible, perhaps likely, that he feels this way about the whole DCU but to my knowledge he hasn't said as much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Isn't Didio one of those guys that thinks the heroes worlds should always be dark and the heroes shouldn't know happiness!! Their worlds should be filled with pain and suffering! He want to end superman marriage!! Like what they did with Batman wedding to Catwoman! Everything should be about darkness!!
    I really don't think the BatCat wedding is entirely dead in the water as a concept. King wrote an ambiguous future ending for it a couple of years ago, he might not necessarily follow up on it when his run concludes or catches up to Doomsday Clock, but it gives writers plenty of opportunity to do it after he leaves. I'm not worried about BatCat at all, that's still going to happen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unsurprising, even Bendis detractors tend to consider it the better of the two, and it doesn’t have as many controversial elements. People tend to rate Red Cloud, the Invisible Mafia, and the undercover stuff higher than Rogal, Teen Jon, and Jor-El understandably.
    Maybe unsurprisingly but Action seems to lean into the stuff Bendis is better at, or more at home with, as far as Superhero comics.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

so lois accepts and gets some sort of box?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so lois accepts and gets some sort of box?
    And again I get the feeling this is the secret Lois is keeping from Clark in the solicit for her own ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And again I get the feeling this is the secret Lois is keeping from Clark in the solicit for her own ongoing.
    I don't buy that still. It doesn't fit narratively with what Rucka or Bendis has said about their plans. The secret is most likely something to do with the photo of her and Superman kissing. Rucka isnt going to write a Lois Lane solo series where she's a superpowered Apex Lois working with Luthor. It's a feint I'm sure.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-15-2019 at 05:37 AM.

BANNED

The secret is most likely something to do with the photo of her and Superman kissing.
    Afraid something like accepting an offer from Superman's mortal enemy tends to make that little matter completely trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Afraid something like accepting an offer from Superman's mortal enemy tends to make that little matter completely trivial.
    Which is why I don't think it's actually going to happen. It renders everything Rucka and Bendis have said and done meaningless. Most importantly it contradicts what Rucka has said the Lois Lane series will tackle, which includes the photo and how prominent women are treated and attacked. If Lois is now working with Apex Luthor in some massive crossover what does it matter that people think she's cheating on Clark? Nor would it make any sense as a statement on how prominent women are treated in the media and public. Because she'd actually be a villain. It just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-15-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Fantastic Member

I don't buy that still. It doesn't fit narratively with what Rucka or Bendis has said about their plans. The secret is most likely something to do with the photo of her and Superman kissing. Rucka isnt going to write a Lois Lane solo series where she's a superpowered Apex Lois working with Luthor. It's a feint I'm sure.
    It could be!! I still think Bendis and Didio want to end Superman marriage to Lois!! This could be the first step in their plan to destroy superman marriage!! Lois Betraying Superman by working with Luthor and accepting some sort of box that give her powers!!

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    It could be!! I still think Bendis and Didio want to end Superman marriage to Lois!! This could be the first step in their plan to destroy superman marriage!! Lois Betraying Superman by working with Luthor and accepting some sort of box that give her powers!!
    Not a chance. Greg Rucka would not sign onto write a story where Lois Lane is given superpowers, sides with Luthor against Superman and betrays her husband. They'd have Scott Lobdell write that story. That is like the antithesis of what Rucka thinks Lois Lane is as a character. Rucka has wanted to write this Lois series for years and he and Bendis have set it up over the last year. Moreover, Bendis has repeatedly said that they are not breaking up and that her secret is not something that would hurt Clark or be a prelude to any separation. These covers and solicits are intended to rile people up. I take the interviews with Rucka and Bendis far more seriously.