Page 534 of 613 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ha, I remember like, two or three years ago, some of us here were talking about the Legion being a viable movie property. No direct connections to the failed DCEU films, and it's Star Wars meets superheroes, which is the kind of one-line pitch any movie producer would be happy to hear about these days. Even WB would struggle to f*ck this IP up.

I really don't expect anything like this to happen, then or now, but it's fun to see Hollywood (even people on the outskirts) notice too. Even if it takes them a while.
    Fun creatures, locations, tech, and cultures accompanied by a diverse cast of super people sounds like a great time

It would also be one hell of a counter to X-Men now that Disney has that behemoth of a property to let out when they're ready. Some people would say that's a Teen Titans movie, but some people are also wrong.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-27-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're also doing Green Lantern for HBOMax which I'd say, if you're going to do the property right, would be in the same budget ballpark as Legion.
    Eh, depending on how big you go. I mean, you could do a really strong GL show that's shot fairly modest (in terms of really going out there) like the Mandalorian. Don't get me wrong, $15 million isn't "modest" by any standard. That's about double Star Trek: Discovery, and literally 15x Picard, but in terms of the location verity, space battle stuff, and general over the topness, it remained modest in what it shot for. For comparison, Supergirl is $14 million per episode, and you can tell when they reach too far. That's even roughly around Game of Throne's budget, and that show was mostly talking, sets, and on-location stuff.

GL can be relatively subdued and still be a GL show. But the Legion has at the very least 10+ members with 10+ powers, and literally everyone can fly. I find that you need a minimum level of over the top bombast on top of that baseline to be a Legion thing. And it's fairly rare that a studio sink in the 60 to 80 million that The Witcher got per episode.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-27-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Fun creatures, locations, tech, and cultures accompanied by a diverse cast of super people sounds like a great time

It would also X-Men be one hell of a counter to X-Men now that Disney has that behemoth of a property to let out when they're ready. Some people would say that's a Teen Titans movie, but some people are also wrong.
    Some people are indeed wrong.

As for budgets and whatnot.....I suppose the Legion *could* be done on a HBO size budget, but......I'm looking for something better than CW quality here, yknow? And after all the crazy fantastical sets, all the alien makeup, the powers......that would stretch a budget real thin real fast. It could be done; practical effects and stuff can go a long way. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a movie and an appropriate sized budget.

If we're gonna get the Legion, then it should be the Legion in all its ridiculous, space faring, "too many members to keep track of" glory.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe they should just revive the Legion cartoon. I know I'd be down for that .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I wouldn't give much credit to the Legion on HBO rumor. I saw it already posted around these boards but the source is Mikey Sutton, and he belongs in the same trash of WGTC.

I dont think anyone is taking it seriously, just talking about how it should be done if it actually ever happened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they should just revive the Legion cartoon. I know I'd be down for that .
    I’d love that, it wasn’t as good as the best of the DCAU, but it was more enjoyable than Young Justice imo (funny to see a lot of people turning on Weisman after S3).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d love that, it wasn’t as good as the best of the DCAU, but it was more enjoyable than Young Justice imo (funny to see a lot of people turning on Weisman after S3).
    Well, I guess it's more fun and vibrant then YJ is (or has become).

And in-spite of how big the Legion roster is I don't think the cast focus was as crazy as Young Justice is (although there were a lot of Legion members they hadn't gotten to focus on yet).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was a big fan of the first season of the Young Justine cartoon series!! I thought the series went down in season 2 and 3!! Trying to focus on to many characters and jumping from one stories to another!! Young Justice was much better the first season, the focus of the first season was only on the six members, the first team!!

The series definitely wasn't as focused in seasons 2 and 3. Still good, I enjoyed both a lot, but that first season is unparalleled.

~ Black Panther.

Crikey. Turns out none of Bendis's stuff is canon to Snyder's Justice League. Young Justice shown to be AU, which would mean that Naomi, Superman, Action Comics and Legion of Super-Heroes are as well!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-29-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crikey. Turns out none of Bendis's stuff is canon to Snyder's Justice League. Young Justice shown to be AU, which would mean that Naomi, Superman, Action Comics and Legion of Super-Heroes are as well!
    I think it's maybe more accurate to say that Snyder's run wasn't part of the normal continuity. Because we've seen Bendis' work ripple out through other books outside of his.

I think it's basically saying that hypertime was in play and things were happening and being influenced by each other, but they weren't totally lining up.

So at the end when they warn the League that this will make it so everything really counts, they're basically pointing a big sign to 5G, the 60 year timeline, and the League getting much older.

I have to say, part of me is wondering if the "Superman reveals his identity plot" is just for spinning his wheels until 5G takes over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I have to say, part of me is wondering if the "Superman reveals his identity plot" is just for spinning his wheels until 5G takes over everything.
    Jon is supposed to take over in 5G, according to rumors, and there hasn't been even a hint of Bendis leaving anytime soon. So I'm guessing it's not just spinning wheels and this new status quo will continue into 5G. If Superlad is right and there's a time jump, we might miss all of Clark's term as president of earth but I don't think the plan is to reverse anything.

When Bendis leaves and/or Superman gets rebooted again, the new status quo probably won't be kept, unless it manages to solidify itself as well as the marriage has. I don't expect it to last, but I feel like Bendis and DC are doing their best to establish this as the next step in Clark's life, which is a very different thing from the usual shock value changes that aren't meant to last, so you never know.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I’m guessing Bendis will be writing Jon as 5G Superman, so the identity reveal + formation of the United Planets does seem to be a way for Bendis to let Clark gracefully bow out and let Jon take over. I wonder if Jon was Bendis’ choice?