Page 254 of 613 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    SNIP.
    You have shown your hand Bendis ! Your masterplan is exposed !

More seriously, that's an awesome theory, and one I would very much like to be true. Especially if Bendis decides to go : "You know why the space-travel ban was instated? That's because one guy knocked up a powerful alien mate with a half-Kryptonian bastard and the boy proved to be an absolute beast. Bonus point on the bonus point if Jor-El chose to sent his son on Earth, a planet with a yellow sun, because Zaar's abilities spawned on a world with a yellow sun".

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So this is kind of funny....

Somehow it eluded me that I've been basically describing the MCU version of Erik Killmonger from 2018's Black Panther. Orphaned child of our main character's homeland, lives a very rough life, becomes an elite solder used to bring down whole nations, the father of our main character knows them and keeps it secret from our main character, beats our main character in combat at the start, uses our main characters source of power (the heart shaped herb in Black Panther and the sun in Superman), and wears a version of our main character's clothes (the suit in Black Panther, and the cape in Superman.)

Wow, that's kind of a lot when you just spell it all out like that lol. But this is still going off the idea that my theory holds any water.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superlad, is there room in your theory to reveal that the mother is a Czarnian?

But yeah, this is a really good theory, good job whether its true or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Czarnian is definitely a theory I'm leaning towards. My only trepidation is the fact that Zaar clearly has scars that are basically impossible for a Czarnian. I mean Kryptonian's can scar or remain disfigured. Prime examples are, well, Superboy Prime's self inflicted chest scar, and Non's brain damage. But Lobo doesn't scar to my recollection.

He does make mention of Czarnia when addressing the Circle, but I can't really tell if it was said with any sort of emotion backing it or not.

And thanks man!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think I have have a possible answer. Zaar's got white skin and red eyes... and I made this observation the first time I saw him but just dismissed it...

He looks like a scarred-up version of "the Cleric" from the "Exile" storyline. And with the Cleric (assuming he is the same as before) being a missionary who comes to Krypton... maybe he's the father of Zaar?

RCO017_1469639828.jpg
    Last edited by JAK; 11-14-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Well done Superlad. Damn fine theory, and it plays well with the topic of "family" that Bendis has been on about from the start. And with Jor-El already in the mix, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bendis double down on the idea with Zaar.

And JAK, that is a damn fine catch with the Cleric! I had forgotten all about him, but you're right; there's definitely some resemblance.

So who do we think the parents might be? I'm going with the Cleric (just because JAK's got a sharp eye) and.....Lara. I mean, odds are if any El is the parent it'll be Jor, but that's a pretty mundane choice, right?

Personally, I hope it's not a czarnian. If it is, then Bendis is totally re-writing everything we understand about their biology and healing factor (Bendis being fast and loose with continuity is not my favorite Bendis).....and really, how in the hell would you stop a Krypto-zarnian?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Half-brothers would craaazay.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Rogal being Supes half-brother would really make people butthurt so I kind of want it to happen. I thought Bane being Bruce’s half-brother was a cool idea.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rogal being Supes half-brother would really make people butthurt so I kind of want it to happen. I thought Bane being Bruce’s half-brother was a cool idea.
    Why? I mean,it has story potential.A little too cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Half-brothers would craaazay.
    It's a great theory, the only problem is, this will make Jor-El a bigger jerk and I like Jor-El more when he isn't one. Maybe Rogal could be Clark's uncle? I don't know how old Kryptonians can get, but I believe it would fit more in the time scale if he is Jor-El's brother.

But until I hear otherwise the half-kryptonian theory is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I missed that. What happened?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well done Superlad. Damn fine theory, and it plays well with the topic of "family" that Bendis has been on about from the start. And with Jor-El already in the mix, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bendis double down on the idea with Zaar.

And JAK, that is a damn fine catch with the Cleric! I had forgotten all about him, but you're right; there's definitely some resemblance.

So who do we think the parents might be? I'm going with the Cleric (just because JAK's got a sharp eye) and.....Lara. I mean, odds are if any El is the parent it'll be Jor, but that's a pretty mundane choice, right?

Personally, I hope it's not a czarnian. If it is, then Bendis is totally re-writing everything we understand about their biology and healing factor (Bendis being fast and loose with continuity is not my favorite Bendis).....and really, how in the hell would you stop a Krypto-zarnian?
    Thanks! Yeah, that period of Post-Crisis is my jam, so I spot similarities to that stuff faster than anything. I hated Superman #22, but must have read "Exile" issues 1,000 times. Ah, irony...

Here's another crazy thought... Jor-El and Zaar have a similar scar, so maybe it's not KAL's mother who's mother to Zaar, but JOR's mother. So he'd be half-brothers with Jor-El, not Kal-El. It'd make for interesting symmetry since they're on "opposite sides of crazy", lol. Edit note: HA! Ra-El posted the same thought and I didn't even see it. Great minds, as they say.

As for Czarnian, it's possible that whatever the other half is has a dominant "non-healing-factor" gene that counters the Czarnian healing one. And being partially Kryptonian would be interesting because the scarred part of Zaar is very green (which might indicate scarring/skin rot from Kryptonite).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It's a great theory, the only problem is, this will make Jor-El a bigger jerk and I like Jor-El more when he isn't one. Maybe Rogal could be Clark's uncle? I don't know how old Kryptonians can get, but I believe it would fit more in the time scale if he is Jor-El's brother.

But until I hear otherwise the half-kryptonian theory is canon.
    The ages don’t really line up for the brother theory. Rogol is shown as an adult at the time of Krypton’s destruction. Jor El was likely around the same age given the most recent retelling of that take in Oz Effect. Uncle could work though.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Really hope he isn't a Czarnian - either he'd suffer from the association with a goofy (good goofy, but still goofy) character, or, infinitely worse, there'd be the temptation to make Lobo at least kind of Serious so as to reinforce the connection.
    Buh-bye

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I like this theory, as it would go a long way towards making Rogal Zarr more interesting than he currently is