Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218
Results 3,256 to 3,261 of 3261
  1. #3256
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,459

    Default

    I don't see Zaar recruiting Jax-Ur as a contradiction. His current mission as he's appointed unto himself is to destroy Earth. He needs some help with that so recruits what is there. We've yet to see him portrayed in a way that would suggest he would never subscribe to an "means to an end" mindset when necessary. The first recruit he found was Jax-Ur. Beggars can't be choosers. Him becoming buddies with Jax after the siege, okay that would need explaining. But who's to say Rogol's plan isn't just to use Jax-Ur, complete his task and then kill him too when no longer needed?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-19-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  2. #3257
    Master Hero Vladimir
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, México
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't see Zaar recruiting Jax-Ur as a contradiction. His current mission as he's appointed unto himself is to destroy Earth. He needs some help with that so recruits what is there. We've yet to see him portrayed in a way that would suggest he would never subscribe to an "means to an end" mindset when necessary. The first recruit he found was Jax-Ur. Beggars can't be choosers. Him becoming buddies with Jax after the siege, okay that would need explaining. But who's to say Rogol's plan isn't just to use Jax-Ur, complete his task and then kill him too when no longer needed?
    It's not really any different that Autobots and Decepticons working together to fight Unicron.

  3. #3258
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    One example is Rogol Zaar hating Kryptonians for some reason in Man of Steel but in Superman#3 Rogol is suddenly willing to work with Jax-Ur.
    Zaar has proven to be both patient and even calculating when it comes to getting what he wants. In Man of Steel Bendis has Wonder Woman specifically call it "fighting without ego." It's not out of the realm of possibility that he'd work with a kryptonian to achieve a more immediately pressing goal before going back to kill them later or leave them trapped in the Zone. We even see that he has a specific hate for Kal as Jor-El's son, so much so that he deliberately tosses Kara aside for later. He's not a snarling beast and the text supports this.

    Another example would be his portrayal of Oz/Jor-El as being more disdainful of Earth's cultural effect on his son and Jon when at the end of Oz Effect his personality was altered by the staff mind controlling him.
    It's not characterized as disdain (this is also not a contradiction of Bendis work with his own, thus not answering my question, but that's fine). It's characterized more as condescension. In reality, we don't know what Jor-El's personality was post-all of his trauma under either Tomasi or Jurgens' pens. We know him before hand and during. Bendis is logically free to say that even though the effects of the staff are gone, he still went through what he went through (the the mental abuse), so that could leave something to very much be explored. Again, Tomasi and Jurgens never firmly establish an after. Anyways, Bendis' Jor-El seems to very much care for what happens to Earth and his son's family. He talks down to Kal about how little he's been doing for Earth vs what he logically could do. If his feelings were disdainful then he wouldn't care at all.

    It's glaring inconsistencies like that which prevent me from enjoying Bendis' writing at all. And he's going to be writing my favourite character for at least another year, maybe two.
    If those are your "glaring inconsistencies" then I'd call it more of a taste issue, and that's perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-19-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  4. #3259
    Spectacular Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    One example is Rogol Zaar hating Kryptonians for some reason in Man of Steel but in Superman#3 Rogol is suddenly willing to work with Jax-Ur. And it's not because Jax is a criminal on Krypton because Rogol calls Zod the worst criminal over Jax and he's going to fight Zod in the next couple issues. Another example would be his portrayal of Oz/Jor-El as being more disdainful of Earth's cultural effect on his son and Jon when at the end of Oz Effect his personality was altered by the staff mind controlling him. It's glaring inconsistencies like that which prevent me from enjoying Bendis' writing at all. And he's going to be writing my favourite character for at least another year, maybe two.
    The first can be easily understood as Rogal using Jax to get what he wants. I’m certain he plans to betray Jax. If he actually helped Jax escape the PZ then maybe you would have a point. The latter is more uncertain because we don’t know what happened to Jor after he vanished. We’ll have to wait and see. And I could see his ruthlessness being a result of mind control while his disdain for Earth being something he honestly believes. He might not hate humanity but if I was a Kryptonian I’d be pretty unimpressed by Earth conditions. It would be like moving from a First World country to a Third World country, there’s a technological and social gap, as well as an arrogance issue of First Worlders.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-19-2018 at 12:54 PM.

  5. #3260
    Master Hero Vladimir
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, México
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The first can be easily understood as Rogal using Jax to get what he wants. I’m certain he plans to betray Jax. If he actually helped Jax escape the PZ then maybe you would have a point. The latter is more uncertain because we don’t know what happened to Jor after he vanished. We’ll have to wait and see. And I could see his ruthlessness being a result of mind control while his disdain for Earth being something he honestly believes. He might not hate humanity but if I was a Kryptonian I’d be pretty unimpressed by Earth conditions. It would be like moving from a First World country to a Third World country, there’s a technological and social gap, as well as an arrogance issue of First Worlders.
    I don't think Jor-El's views on Earth will be explored within Bendis' first year on the Superman books. I think Bendis would work best if he kept his ideas confined to Superman and Action Comics. If he ends up working on other books, like any major DC event, his creative focus would diminish, he'd have trouble keeping up with the schedule and the quality of the books would suffer. I don't want DC to suffer the same kind of disaster Marvel went through the Civil War books.

  6. #3261
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,805

    Default

    Some more easter eggs from AC#1003's newsdesk





    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...for-dc-comics/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •