Page 517 of 613 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    From Superman issue 19 next month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B59KXTNp...d=7ut1mkvg7e6v

Seems like a giant superhero celebration for Superman coming out as Clark Kent.

I see Wonder Woman remains skeptical if not outright upset about this like in today's issue.

You think maybe Wonder Woman will act as a voice that's a bit in line with some skeptical fans? Rucka has expressed his reservations on the reveal, so maybe he and Bendis will have Diana formulate that argument?

That would be fascinating now that I think about it.
    Diana having problems with this doesn’t really feel true to her character, but if Rucka is the one who wanted that to be her attitude then so be it. I trust him to handle that in the Heroes one shot since it’s practically guaranteed he’ll be the one writing her.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Diana having problems with this doesn’t really feel true to her character, but if Rucka is the one who wanted that to be her attitude then so be it. I trust him to handle that in the Heroes one shot since it’s practically guaranteed he’ll be the one writing her.
    Yeah, it feels really weird that she's the one who is frustrated. Even if it's "people can now use you to figure the rest of our friends out as Six Degrees From Clark Kent," I'd argue that would be more Batman's schtick.

This one feels weird. To be honest, it's my only real complaint with the issue. I thought Bendis and Reis killed it.

Why is Deathstroke there?

So who's all here? We've got Flash, Cyborg, some chick I don't recognize with what looks like a lightning motif on her shirt? Deathstroke, J'onn (isn't he dead?), Mr. Terrific, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Steel, Firestorm, some older looking guy with a big dopey grin, Fate, someone next to him I cant make out, and Supergirl, Metamorpho, and Simon Baz in the air.

Then we've got Ted Kord in his Beetle costume, John Stewart, Vixen, the Wonder Twins, someone in a hood that *might* be Green Arrow? Hawkman, Batman, Booster Gold, Atom, Robin, Naomi, Duke Tomas, Harley "Why is she there?" Quinn, Shazam, Plastic Man, Swamp "Not Allan Moore" Thing, Zatanna, someone I believe must be Black Canary, and a little kid who.....I dunno, Tim Hunter? And Hawkgirl's silhouette behind him and Dinah.

Shame that Dick Grayson doesn't to get be a part of this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Eh, I can't really say if it is or isn't 'true to her character' if I don't know her specific reasoning for not being as happy about it as everyone else.

For all we know, she thinks that Clark doing this may have inadvertently gotten rid of a way to express himself and he hasn't taken that into full account or thereabouts (a very Rucka argument). Maybe she's scared that this will be a slippery slide down to Clark letting aspects of that side of him fade. I remember Rucka was REALLY passionate about making sure Bendis knew his feeling on that. Like, Clark says he still wants to write, but that seems like it'll get really hard soon.

But what I'd rather do is just assume she has no reason not to have an opinion on this. But admittedly, since it is Diana, and since she's a notable grump about this, it's left me really, really interested in what perspective she's coming at this from.

In any case, I really dig the idea of having one of Clark's close friends and teammates be someone who's got some reservations regarding this. And I think it's smart that it's not Bruce because he's so easy to dismiss as just being a paranoid dick. With Diana, I hope she's played as the friend that's gonna give you the hard truths and potential outcomes that everyone else isn't really thinking about. THAT still reads like Wonder Woman to me if that's the case.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

HA! Fantastic!

A lot of you will be happy to hear that Rucka will 100% be writing a special sequence explaining why Wonder Woman isn't happy about this in the Superman: Heroes Special. Bendis just confirmed this in the comments of the link I posted.

I can only imagine that this is going to in part be Rucka laying out his issues with this idea.

Seriously, this is why I love Bendis, Fraction, and Rucka guiding the Superman world. We get to see their legit conversations play in the books, and they can 100% clash. Man, those special can't get here fast enough.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I see Wonder Woman remains skeptical if not outright upset about this like in today's issue.

You think maybe Wonder Woman will act as a voice that's a bit in line with some skeptical fans? Rucka has expressed his reservations on the reveal, so maybe he and Bendis will have Diana formulate that argument?

That would be fascinating now that I think about it.
    A coming out party sounds so weird for this .

Why in God's name is Harley Quinn and #@$%ing Deathstroke there? I know Bendis loves his cameos and guest spots, but that's ridiculous. "But Harley's a hero now!" Yeah, no.

I guess Swamp Thing is with Justice League Dark (?) but he also feels random there.

I can't tell if Batman looks grumpier then usual. Green Arrow also looks really sour in the back there.

Barry looks like he's de-aged 10 years.

What's with Aquaman's shoulder pads? Has he gone full 90's?

Somebody remembers Firestorm and Simon Baz exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Why is Deathstroke there?
    My thoughts exactly.
    So who's all here? We've got Flash, Cyborg, some chick I don't recognize with what looks like a lightning motif on her shirt? Deathstroke, J'onn (isn't he dead?), Mr. Terrific, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Steel, Firestorm, some older looking guy with a big dopey grin, Fate, someone next to him I cant make out, and Supergirl, Metamorpho, and Simon Baz in the air.
    Johnny Thunder?
    Then we've got Ted Kord in his Beetle costume, John Stewart, Vixen, the Wonder Twins, someone in a hood that *might* be Green Arrow? Hawkman, Batman, Booster Gold, Atom, Robin, Naomi, Duke Tomas, Harley "Why is she there?" Quinn, Shazam, Plastic Man, Swamp "Not Allan Moore" Thing, Zatanna, someone I believe must be Black Canary, and a little kid who.....I dunno, Tim Hunter? And Hawkgirl's silhouette behind him and Dinah.
    I think that's the Dial H kid.
    Shame that Dick Grayson doesn't to get be a part of this.
    Kinda weird Duke is the only other Batfamily member there (aside from Damian). I don't think he's even met Superman.
    For all we know, she thinks that Clark doing this may have inadvertently gotten rid of a way to express himself and he hasn't taken that into full account or thereabouts (a very Rucka argument). Maybe she's scared that this will be a slippery slide down to Clark letting aspects of that side of him fade. I remember Rucka was REALLY passionate about making sure Bendis knew his feeling on that. Like, Clark says he still wants to write, but that seems like it'll get really hard soon.
    She doesn't want him to go full Marvel hero.
    In any case, I really dig the idea of having one of Clark's close friends and teammates be someone who's got some reservations regarding this. And I think it's smart that it's not Bruce because he's so easy to dismiss as just being a paranoid dick. With Diana, I hope she's played as the friend that's gonna give you the hard truths and potential outcomes that everyone else isn't really thinking about. THAT still reads like Wonder Woman to me if that's the case.
    I don't think Bruce should be dismissed so easily. I mean, he and Clark have the longest-standing and most protected secret identities in the hero community. He's Clark's best friend (Superhero-wise). I think he's a valid voice to weigh in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A coming out party sounds so weird for this .
    But fairly apt.

Why in God's name is Harley Quinn and #@$%ing Deathstroke there? I know Bendis loves his cameos and guest spots, but that's ridiculous. "But Harley's a hero now!" Yeah, no.
    Likely for the same reason why Jurgens had both of them in his Action 1000 story. Or does he get a pass from you

I think he's a valid voice to weigh in here.
    Never said he didn't have a valid voice. I specifically said that him being the upset one would've been...expected, and likely compartmentalized away as "oh look, everyone's happy but Batman...up next: water is in fact still wet". But as we saw in issue 18, he seems surprisingly chill about all this. Why he of all people is chill about this fascinates me nearly as much as why Wonder Woman seems disappointed or at least not sold. Makes me want to hear from them both.

But fairly apt.
    True. It kind of reminds me how Supergirl framed Kara revealing herself as "coming out" a season before her sister actually came out.
    Likely for the same reason why Jurgens had both of them in his Action 1000 story. Or does he get a pass from you
    Nope. I guess Slade and Harley are the cameo kings and queens even when they have no business being there.
    Never said he didn't have a valid voice. I specifically said that him being the upset one would've been...expected, and likely compartmentalized away as "oh look, everyone's happy but Batman...up next: water is in fact still wet". But as we saw in issue 18, he seems surprisingly chill about all this. Why he of all people is chill about this fascinates me nearly as much as why Wonder Woman seems disappointed or at least not sold. Makes me want to hear from them both.
    I mean, Bendis had him calling Supes "Clark" in the field and that was already weird enough. Bendis' Batman is weird sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bendis' Batman is weird sometimes.
    *shrugs* if that's how you wanna read it/that's gonna be your take away, I certainly won't begrudge you. I'm more into the possible story myself.

HA! Fantastic!

A lot of you will be happy to hear that Rucka will 100% be writing a special sequence explaining why Wonder Woman isn't happy about this in the Superman: Heroes Special. Bendis just confirmed this in the comments of the link I posted.

I can only imagine that this is going to in part be Rucka laying out his issues with this idea.

Seriously, this is why I love Bendis, Fraction, and Rucka guiding the Superman world. We get to see their legit conversations play in the books, and they can 100% clash. Man, those special can't get here fast enough.
    Yeah I figured Rucka must’ve helped Bendis with Diana’s reaction, there’s no way Bendis didn’t ask him what Diana would feel about this. Very interested in reading how Rucka will write Diana’s interactions with Clark about this, I like your hypothesis that she’s going to tell him some uncomfortable truths and raise some issues with him that no one else would really be able to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, it feels really weird that she's the one who is frustrated. Even if it's "people can now use you to figure the rest of our friends out as Six Degrees From Clark Kent," I'd argue that would be more Batman's schtick.

This one feels weird. To be honest, it's my only real complaint with the issue. I thought Bendis and Reis killed it.
    You would think Batman of all heroes would have a problem with this. However this isn’t the case and call it more confusing than ever. I am waiting for the day whenever this is all erased away.

Even if Diana is going to be designed to speak for those who dislike this choice, its not like in the end she's not going to be proven wrong from a narrative point-of-view anyway. So the exploration will be of little import as we know what the conclusion to the debate is going to be. "Superman was right to do this". Because its what the storyline dictates until DC decides to go in a different direction which won't be anytime soon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-12-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I haven't been following the Bendis stories, but in the New 52 "Truth" arc, didn't Diana support Lois's reveal of Superman's identity? And now she's the main one opposing it?

Luthor and the villains reaction was the perfect way to end this one. Lol, it is kind of funny that everyone is now realizing how stupid they were to not see it before. Its just glasses, people!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Luthor and the villains reaction was the perfect way to end this one. Lol, it is kind of funny that everyone is now realizing how stupid they were to not see it before. Its just glasses, people!
    Unfortunately that’s how it is for most of the time, but Quietly showed that it doesn’t have to just be magic glasses. Wish more artist put in his level of effort.