Page 416 of 613 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jesus, are we at that point again? I haven't been paying much attention this past year. Other than King leaving Batman early, what's happening that makes you think we're back in "internal collapse" territory?
    Its just a feeling, I could be off but it just feels like one of those opening salvos to upheaval. But again, its just a gut feeling, maybe I'm just too used to what's gone down the past decade.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I've never been around for a DC upheaval.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    As this whole Tom King situation has proven, plans can change.
    Nobody needed Tom King to get booted off of Batman to know this.

My comment still stands as it was in response to the assumption that just b/c Bendis is off the Superman book Jon will go back to normal, no one knows if Bendis will still have possession of the character in some capacity they just assume he won't; now if plans change then okay but people's automatic assumption will always be weird to me.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Nobody needed Tom King to get booted off of Batman to know this.

My comment still stands as it was in response to the assumption that just b/c Bendis is off the Superman book Jon will go back to normal, no one knows if Bendis will still have possession of the character in some capacity they just assume he won't; now if plans change then okay but people's automatic assumption will always be weird to me.
    No, it doesn't, because no one made that assumption. Look back at my original comment and you'll see the words "might be able to." No one ever said a new writer would definitely do it. You're projecting an assumption onto me that I never made. I put forward the possibility, not the certainty.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Preview of Jimmy Olsen comic coming from the Leviathan series.

https://amp-denofgeek-com.cdn.amppro...lsen-direction

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I've never been around for a DC upheaval.
    You'd think watching a company blow itself and all its good work up would be kind of a fun trainwreck to see, right?

Its really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just a feeling, I could be off but it just feels like one of those opening salvos to upheaval. But again, its just a gut feeling, maybe I'm just too used to what's gone down the past decade.
    It could be. A sudden shift in a high profile book with a high profile writer? That's definitely one of the early signs. Hopefully you're just being paranoid. Or, if you're not and we're at that phase again, hopefully the books we read avoid the fallout.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"How am I going to get out of Gorilla City without money and my ID"

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Well, Batman is going monthly after Tom King leaves, apparently. You know who big titles go monthly for...?
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, Batman is going monthly after Tom King leaves, apparently. You know who big titles go monthly for...?
    Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch. They have a Batman story in the works, monthly works well with their schedule, they’re a nice high profile team that can fill in until #100.

Not Bendis. Rich only mentioned him because he’s the biggest name at DC and the biggest name usually gets Batman, except Bendis is already running the Superman line, and the Walmart books and Event Leviathan scratched the Batman itch for him.

It’s more likely Orlando, or Tynion, or somebody else that Snyder taught.

Or maybe it’s just a bunch of random fill ins and Ellis/Hitch take over at #100.

If Batman and Superman weren’t soon about to have another team up book, having the same writer be on both character’s solo’s might be really interesting in a good way. Their individual stories being more interconnected in ways like how the rest of Bendis’s titles are (ex: the Superman/Mongul fight in Naomi). But like I said we are already getting a Batman/Superman teamup book so that itch is already kinda going to scratched anyway.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-24-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch. They have a Batman story in the works, monthly works well with their schedule, they’re a nice high profile team that can fill in until #100.

Not Bendis. Rich only mentioned him because he’s the biggest name at DC and the biggest name usually gets Batman, except Bendis is already running the Superman line, and the Walmart books and Event Leviathan scratched the Batman itch for him.

It’s more likely Orlando, or Tynion, or somebody else that Snyder taught.

Or maybe it’s just a bunch of random fill ins and Ellis/Hitch take over at #100.
    No, Rich's reasoning went beyond that in that last article. It's more than Bendis being the biggest name. The Warren Ellis thing was more of guess than that was. But let's say the Ellis thing does happen. That takes the title through 2020. By 2021, Bendis might be ready to jump over by then. He'll have done about 30 issues of both Superman and Action. Event Leviathan and the Wal-Mart books will have been over for more than a year by then and Scott Snyder's big Justice League epic will be done by then too. Besides, if sales are the issue, which is the reasoning Rich cites, then they aren't going to put Orlando or Tynion on it. They'll want the big name they can really hype.
    Currently Reading:

Which might not actually help Bendis get the gig, if sales are what DC is looking at. Bendis hasn't been the sales powerhouse he used to be in years. His Superman stuff sell solidly but it's not setting the charts on fire (which, granted, isnt just Bendis; Clark hasn't been a consistent Top 5 seller in years either).

Bendis seems a likely choice for Batman, but if DC is expecting him to sell like he did back in the day they might very well be disappointed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Which might not actually help Bendis get the gig, if sales are what DC is looking at. Bendis hasn't been the sales powerhouse he used to be in years. His Superman stuff sell solidly but it's not setting the charts on fire (which, granted, isnt just Bendis; Clark hasn't been a consistent Top 5 seller in years either).

Bendis seems a likely choice for Batman, but if DC is expecting him to sell like he did back in the day they might very well be disappointed.
    Also possible.
    Currently Reading:

BC said Bendis would be getting Batman at issue 100, so Ellis and Hitch might do filler for issues 86-100. I find it very dubious that Ellis of all people would write 14 issue of filler on Batman for DC. More likely I could see a company man like Jurgens or Lobdell getting that job. If DC expects Bendis Batman to reignite sales though they are most likely in for a disappointment. As has been repeatedly stated and shown to be true, Bendis is not a sales powerhouse anymore. Furthermore they’d be following up one controversial writer in King with another in Bendis. But people like Harras are terrible at their jobs so it’s not surprising they’d make choices like they did.

But honestly? I don’t really care about Batman. There’s plenty of other Batman media to consume, so if his comic is garbage it’s not like Batfans will suffer. What I’m (selfishly) concerned about is Superman. Are they going to try to have Bendis write both Superbooks, AND Batman, AND edit/write Wonder Comics, AND write Jinxworld? Because forget burn out that’s a freaking nuclear bomb set to detonate. If Bendis couldn’t handle it he’d take down most of DC’s biggest sellers in one fell swoop. They better force him off one book at least. I’d take him off Superman and Young Justice and let him focus on Batman, Action, Naomi, and Jinxworld.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They're gonna bring back New 52 Superman! Any day now! Any day! You'll see!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They're gonna bring back New 52 Superman! Any day now! Any day! You'll see!
    They already did lol, in the Sideways Annual a version of him that’s basically just Morrison’s origin without anything that came after exists and is exploring the Multiverse.