Page 519 of 613 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Guess you forgot Pak's stuff after Doom then? That was prime super beard right there
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-13-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis posted a interesting caption on his Instagram page regarding the next Legion issue : "I know some of you can already feel it but we have been tasked to build stuff in this book that’s going to pour out all over @dccomics next year in crazy and new ways! You’re going to be very glad you were here for these beginning parts. Also, a big reunion at the end of the issue."

Sounds like he may be teasing 5G a bit? I'm guessing there will be easter eggs at what may be coming in future issues. And of course, it looks like Damian will show up at the end of issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Guess you forgot Pal's stuff after Doom then? That was prime super beard right there
    Yeah, that was more so what I was talking about..

And WB is famously at a point where they're ready to approach the character from a new angle. I mean, I dunno. I just wouldn't count it out.
    When Clark got married, everyone said it wouldn't last. They said that Lois would "forget" he was Superman. They said that status quo is god and eventually things would come back around to the triangle for two, and probably sooner rather than later.

Granted, we did go back to that in the New52, but the marriage reasserted itself very quickly and it seems pretty clear that married Superman *is* the status quo. We're even getting this in larger media now.

I don't expect "public" Superman or "President of Earth" to become the new status quo normal. I figure this will be erased in some fashion within a few years at most. But twenty years ago people said the marriage wouldn't last and was just shock value short-term change, so maybe I'm wrong too.

Stan Lee was right about the illusion of change. Change doesn't happen. But evolution does. Over the course of decades and in weird fits and spurts, and we Super fans know that better than most considering how much we argue about the shifts in Clark from one Age to the next. Maybe this new phase is just that and it'll be over faster than Truth was. Or maybe in twenty years, future fans will think we were crazy and dumb for ever imagining it was short-term.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis posted a interesting caption on his Instagram page regarding the next Legion issue : "I know some of you can already feel it but we have been tasked to build stuff in this book that’s going to pour out all over @dccomics next year in crazy and new ways! You’re going to be very glad you were here for these beginning parts. Also, a big reunion at the end of the issue."
    I'm kind of interested in the fact that he says "some of you can already feel it". Makes me feel like stuff I thought were clues are actually clues. The easy stuff being the multiple Batmen talk. The harder stuff being Booster's museum with all of the conflicting timelines from Millennium issue 2. Whatever the case, one of my favorite parts about Bendis' Superman has been all of the small clues he leaves around, so I'm down for that in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Stan Lee was right about the illusion of change. Change doesn't happen. But evolution does. Over the course of decades and in weird fits and spurts, and we Super fans know that better than most considering how much we argue about the shifts in Clark from one Age to the next. Maybe this new phase is just that and it'll be over faster than Truth was. Or maybe in twenty years, future fans will think we were crazy and dumb for ever imagining it was short-term.
    Just think how nuts it would for us to be 15 or 20 years down the line the press conference where he reveals his identity to the world is a "well obviously it has to be there" milestone like the reveal to Lois, the death, resurrection, and the marriage (and possibly Jon given he's getting the outside media bump). It'll be condensed, expounded on, and re imagined like the other stuff. It's really triply to even just imagine lol.

But the crowing achievement of all of this will be watching my kids' kids look at me funny when I go "I remember a time when Superman didn't have a beard"

Don't know if you caught that tweet from Bendis I posted lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Don't know if you caught that tweet from Bendis I posted lol
    No, I had to go back to the last page to find it. Getting into finals and tons of other crap irl happening, haven't been on the forum as much. Full Letterman. Love it!

Man, don't you mess with my emotions Bendis! You can't tease me with bearded Supeman and not deliver!

.....Full Letterman might be a little much though. Hit me up with some Paktion Super-beard (that's Pak + Action, for you philistines! ) and I'll be happy!

And yeah, it'd be wild if this became a staple. Who knows? I mean, no one expects the shock value stuff to last, but when this much thought and effort goes into it there's a totally different vibe to the story and the atmosphere around it. This whole thing has felt a lot more "Funeral For A Friend" than it has "Electric powers."

I still think the odds are against this becoming a staple (I'm not sure Jon will either, honestly). But I do think it *might* stick, and even "might" doesn't happen that often in comics.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-13-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No, I had to go back to the last page to find it. Getting into finals and tons of other crap irl happening, haven't been on the forum as much. Full Letterman. Love it!

Man, don't you mess with my emotions Bendis! You can't tease me with bearded Supeman and not deliver!

.....Full Letterman might be a little much though. Hit me up with some Paktion Super-beard (that's Pak + Action, for you philistines! ) and I'll be happy!
    While I'm not about the beard, I hope that when he eventually shaves, we see him try on a mustache for a second, take a quick glance at himself and say "nah" before taking it off too. Would be a fun way to address Cavill's legendary 'stache.

And yeah, it'd be wild if this became a staple. Who knows? I mean, no one expects the shock value stuff to last, but when this much thought and effort goes into it there's a totally different vibe to the story and the atmosphere around it. This whole thing has felt a lot more "Funeral For A Friend" than it has "Electric powers."
    Totally agree. FULL Letterman is OD, so I'm hoping what he really means is Chaz's beard from Action Comics. That thing was glorious (https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...Superman-8.jpg). And as I recall, Bendis, during the AMA, specifically said that Lois *really* likes it when Clark goes Chaz. I could totally see a scene where Lois comments on how she thought she'd never get to have Clark with a fulltime beard.

And yeah the vibe is way more thought out than say Truth or Superman Blue, like you mentioned.

I know you at least gotta be happy about hearing how much focus the United Planets is getting in the present day book, and how it seems like it's totally Clark putting the work in to make his kid's dream/idea come true. If I remember right, that was something you were worried would fade off into the background.

And right there with you on finals. Currently studying for my last two next week.

Totally agree. FULL Letterman is OD, so I'm hoping what he really means is Chaz's beard from Action Comics. That thing was glorious (https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...Superman-8.jpg). And as I recall, Bendis, during the AMA, specifically said that Lois *really* likes it when Clark goes Chaz. I could totally see a scene where Lois comments on how she thought she'd never get to have Clark with a fulltime beard.

I know you at least gotta be happy about hearing how much focus the United Planets is getting in the present day book, and how it seems like it's totally Clark putting the work in to make his kid's dream/idea come true. If I remember right, that was something you were worried would fade off into the background.
    Chaz beard would be great. And......more Bendis foreshadowing? Let's hope.

And yeah, the UP thing and Jon's influence, that's something I've been worried about. I don't dislike Jon (or the idea of Jon) like Sacred does, but I have no interest in Clark's books becoming the Jon Show. I read Superman for Superman, not his wife or kid or co-workers or enemies. So it's good to hear that, so far at least, Bendis isn't falling into that trap. But honestly, the last issue I read was 16. Haven't been to the LCS in forever (next week maybe) so I just got third hand knowledge to go on at the moment. But when even the internet is saying Bendis handled the reveal well, that says a lot. The internet hates everything.

~ Black Panther.

I mean, I imagine it would've if the show went on long enough. Would've been one hell of a crossover to have Matt as the new Kingpin interact with Luke as the new king of Harlem. But the big take away from Daredevil being that it was pretty heavily inspired by Bendis' work as well as Miller's. Same goes for Luke Cage, and of course Jessica Jones. My point just being that he gets adapted a lot.
    I could've seen them doing it potentially, but they started out with emphasis on his secret identity since it is a focal element of the character, much in the same way it is with Superman.
    I actually think it's more than just one thing though. It's the fact that, in recent memory, outside of specifically copying or paying homage to Reeve, Clark Kent as Clark Kent comes off as obligatory at best, and chores at worst as far as I've seen from WB. They gave the OK to a movie where their is no iconic Superman/Lois/Clark love triangle, or any trapping of classic mild-mannered Clark or the dual identity to speak of. And his scenes were mostly cut from the theatrical release of the follow up film.
    It felt obligatory in the movies because I think Snyder only included it out of obligation since he struggled to conceptualize the Clark Kent identity, from what I remember.

But I didn't get that sense from, like, Hoechlin's Superman or Routh's or even the animated movies. There it feels like it's there because it's an established facet of the character.
    And as it stands, the big vocal issues (non die hard) people had coming out of those films didn't actually have to do specifically with a lack of Clark being in glasses and doing his thing or him and Lois not playing triangle for two. The issues were with tone and story choices. So in that regard, not as many people have been screaming at them about that stuff, and it's also not what people in the industry cite as an issue. That's more them throwing around things like "needs to be more hopeful" or "bright" or "fun" or "inspiring".
    But that doesn't necessarily include any real issues with the Clark Kent identity. Or that going with that more hopeful, brighter, or inspirational tone means excluding it.
    A new angle on the character that gets to be all about self acceptance, accountability to power, and general truth sounds like something may freshen him up in the eyes of WB or some perspective filmmaker, and they also do away with what seemed to be just an obligation to them. It at least sounds plausible to me right now.
    I don't think WB execs will see it that way, at least this early.
    Yup! It's the perfect time for the lovers of the Super beard to rise
    I'm always anti-beard .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As a bearded man, I say... First Arthur and now Clark? Nay! I prefer my Supermen clean shaven.
    I still haven't forgiven them for forcing Aquaman back into a beard, but now I've moved onto them not letting him put a shirt on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think it works on Arthur. Hell I think it could work on Bruce too...not so much Clark though. At least I don't think so.
    Bruce with a beard would be so weird given how much of the Batman look relies no the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Guess we are forgetting that period of Superman having a beard during the new 52 days
    It didn't last long.

Looks like we’re going back to the Pre-Flashpoint incarnation of Lana being a reporter https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...52350222487552. I have mixed feelings on this. For one I kind of liked Lana being an engineer, but only Pak really actually did anything with that aspect of her. On the other hand while I’ve never really liked Lana going into reporting because it makes her feel too similar to Lois, but she is meant to be basically a precursor to Lois, and that’s all she was meant for. So I guess maybe Bendis will be able to make her reporting work? At least she’s not at the Daily Planet this time, and I’m kinda curious what the Bendis incarnation of the Daily Star will look like.

I hope the relationship with Steel is still there because I do think that was one of the most potentially interesting things to happen to both characters. There’s a lot of interesting character drama and development you could get between the woman who wanted to be with Superman but couldn’t make it work, and the guy who was trying to replace Superman when he was dead.

Actually it's not just pre-flashpoint. Lana worked for Daily Star as a science reporter because she was an engineer when she was Superwoman, so it's just Bendis simply keeping her continuity.

Actually it's not just pre-flashpoint. Lana worked for Daily Star as a science reporter because she was an engineer when she was Superwoman, so it's just Bendis simply keeping her continuity.
    Interesting I kind of dropped Superwoman after a few issues so I don’t remember that. Hopefully Bendis will carry over her status quo then.

Yeah, it'd be really nice to see John Henry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like we’re going back to the Pre-Flashpoint incarnation of Lana being a reporter https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...52350222487552. I have mixed feelings on this. For one I kind of liked Lana being an engineer, but only Pak really actually did anything with that aspect of her. On the other hand while I’ve never really liked Lana going into reporting because it makes her feel too similar to Lois, but she is meant to be basically a precursor to Lois, and that’s all she was meant for. So I guess maybe Bendis will be able to make her reporting work? At least she’s not at the Daily Planet this time, and I’m kinda curious what the Bendis incarnation of the Daily Star will look like.

I hope the relationship with Steel is still there because I do think that was one of the most potentially interesting things to happen to both characters. There’s a lot of interesting character drama and development you could get between the woman who wanted to be with Superman but couldn’t make it work, and the guy who was trying to replace Superman when he was dead.
    It's been so long since Lana's been relevant that I'm curious what take Bendis will go off of.

Superwoman hasn't been mentioned since the book was cancelled. I'm pretty sure it's been erased from continuity. Her origin was negated due to Superman Reborn, and her still having powers past that made no sense. The book ended with her depowered. Bendis is likely completely ignoring that run and just using her pre-Flashpoint status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman