Page 370 of 613 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Marc Andreyko has been replaced on the Levitation Rising special by an artist called, I **** you not, PEZ BANANA

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...nt-pez-banana/
    Oh no. Is Chuck Austen back?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...marvel-and-dc/
    Another five-five split between Marvel and DC, but this time Marvel took first place with Fantastic Four, beating out Heroes in Crisis. The other big surprise was the fall of Action Comics, which came in ninth place in our store, maintaining its top ten position by only four copies. We’re now selling Action and Superman at below pre-Bendis levels as readers comment that this doesn’t seem like their Superman any more.
    This doesn't sound good for Bendis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, let's kill the first interesting thing happening to Superman since Rebirth started just to satisfy older fans who will keep killing the character's relevancy in today's world !

Seriously, that attitude is just pathetic and the reason why Superman's importance keeps being overstated by older fans blinded by nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, let's kill the first interesting thing happening to Superman since Rebirth started just to satisfy older fans who will keep killing the character's relevancy in today's world !

Seriously, that attitude is just pathetic and the reason why Superman's importance keeps being overstated by older fans blinded by nostalgia.
    So what's your explanation to the sudden drop, then?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So what's your explanation to the sudden drop, then?
    Nostalgia fanatics are unhappy than their "perfect" (read : boring and uninspiring) Superman was changed. meanwhile, the format of comics issues don't bring new readers because it isn't accessible outside of comic stores. As simple as that.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-03-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...marvel-and-dc/
    This doesn't sound good for Bendis.
    Well I hate to say I told you guys so...but I told you this was going to happen.

Arrow

Nostalgia fanatics are unhappen than their "perfect" 'read : boring and uninspiring) Superman was changed. meanwhile, the format of comics issues don't bring new readers because it isn't accessible outside of comic stores. As simple as that.
    To be honest I agree with your assessment. I thought I wanted the "original" Superman back married to Lois, however, after I got what I wanted with Rebirth I quickly grew tired of that status quo. When Bendis started his run I again became engaged but now I've lost interest once more due to a number of factors like the lackluster new villain Rogol Zarr (sp?) and Bendis' recent mishandling (IMO) of Jon.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-03-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nostalgia fanatics are unhappy than their "perfect" (read : boring and uninspiring) Superman was changed. meanwhile, the format of comics issues don't bring new readers because it isn't accessible outside of comic stores. As simple as that.
    Your understanding of Superman is questionable at best and objectively wrong at worst. Your claim that nostalgia fanatics are what's wrong with the character's relevance in spite of this evidence that Bendis' Superman is doing more damage to the character is hilarious.

In part, but honestly sales across the board are down. King’s Batman is below 90k. Willamson Flash is selling less than Bendis Supes. DC sales are just in a slump. It’s why I’m happy about initiatives like the Walmart books.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Well I hate to say I told you guys so...but I told you this was going to happen.
    What that sales were going to fall? Lmao that’s nothing special. Sales were always going to fall. Action almost fell into the 30k’s, only Action 1000 saved it. If Jurgens was still on the book it would be down in the 30k’s by now and we’d be getting a new direction anyway.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 03-03-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What that sales were going to fall? Lmao that’s nothing special. Sales were always going to fall. Action almost fell into the 30k’s, only Action 1000 saved it. If Jurgens was still on the book it would be down in the 30k’s by now and we’d be getting a new direction anyway.
    Sales didn't fall into the 40K range for the Rebirth Superman comics as fast as they have for Bendis' Superman though. In this market falling sales is the norm but Bendis has fallen faster than DC wanted him to. I'd have been OK with a new writer taking over from Jurgens personally but I'd still take Jurgens at his worst over Bendis at his best. Also the comments from retailers that fans feel this isn't their Superman anymore is something I called when Bendis was announced to take over.

Yeah, an outdated model that only one writer got right. and ultimately contributed to worse sales. How'd that go for you?

Ah, "no true scotsman", how classy. And cliche.

I won't be discussing anything with you for a while, thanks for telling me all I needed with that.
    You invoked “No true Scotsman” yourself with your earlier post. If you can’t handle discussion why are you even here? New 52 Supes sank because of bad editorial screwing over writers and bad storytelling but there was nothing really wrong with the initial concept of him.

...Seems you tire very quickly of things...
    Oh yeah, which is why I have so many fanfics some of which I've been writing for years.

I thought we weren't allowed to directly attack other users on this site?

Edit - Seems to be a lot of attacks going back in forth in this thread. I ask where are the mods? If you don't like someone's point fine say so but don't attack them by name for some trait or flaw you feel they exhibit.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I thought we weren't allowed to directly attack other users on this site?
    Korath started it by labelling us Superfamily fans "nostalgic fanatics", a very poor choice of words, and going after a character we all admire labelling him "uninspiring", I felt that necessitated a counter response, that's when it got ugly.

But I apologise, I didn't intend to cause offence to you, we're cool.

Korath, I'm sorry too, but dial the attitude back a bit, there was no need to call us "fanatics"
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-03-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Korath, I'm sorry too, but dial the attitude back a bit, there was no need to call us "fanatics"
    I call a cat a cat. No matter what happens. Especially in a fanbase supposed to support the Man of Tomorrow, not the Man of Yestercentury.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-03-2019 at 01:29 PM.