Page 358 of 613 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 9194

I actually liked Jon as he was because he had potential to grow. Years of story to tell outside of Clark, Lois, and Damien. Now he's just another teenage superhero, he's a dime a dozen now basically just biological form of Connor. As a kid he was more intresting to me.
    the

And by winging it I'm saying I think honestly the whole Jon thing is just up in the air. I think he liked the idea, put into action is testing the waters to see how its going IMO not well. And now whether or not it's permanent is completely up in the air which is why he's bullshitting his way through questions everytime he's asked about it. Just My Opinion *shrugs*

Frankly though I'm done with this coversation overall this whole run has just been hit or miss I hope there's an overall plan in mind, now I'm goin to the club!!
    Last edited by Journey; 02-19-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I grant that on that one, its far more likely that he heard "Jor-El is currently alive in continuity" and just went with it.
    That seems a bit of a stretch. Bendis has talked about reading the Tomasi and Jurgens those runs quite a bit. He specifically talked about Oz Effect because he has said he asked whether it was actually Jor El or if it would be revealed to be someone else, like Mxy.

I just thought there were more stories to tell with Jon aging naturally instead of off-panel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This whole Jon thing seems to boil down to, I don't like this change b/c of how it effects Clark & Lois and Damian and not anything to do with Jon himself.

Does Jon have any of his own fans that didn't start liking him just b/c he was a Clois offspring or was friends with Damian...
    Yes, plenty. This comment really feels a complete mischaracterization and oversimplification of the complaints about aging up Jon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I was kind of hoping for spoilers tho, idk if it was here or on reddit but I remember someome saying that scott snyder reveales some things in his AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, plenty. This comment really feels a complete mischaracterization and oversimplification of the complaints about aging up Jon.
    Well until more individuals start talking about their dislike of aged-up Jon without mentioning Clark & Lois and Damian as a main reason, I'll stop with the mischaracterization and oversimplification.

So far I've only seen 3 or 4 comments from different people about their dissatisfaction with aged-up Jon that was strictly about the character Jon.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I was kind of hoping for spoilers tho, idk if it was here or on reddit but I remember someome saying that scott snyder reveales some things in his AMA.

Well until more individuals start talking about their dislike of aged-up Jon without mentioning Clark & Lois and Damian as a main reason, I'll stop with the mischaracterization and oversimplification.

So far I've only seen 3 or 4 comments from different people about their dissatisfaction with aged-up Jon that was strictly about the character Jon.
    Clark, Lois and Damian were the character’s most important relationships, so I can’t say I understand why you’d be fixated on why they’d come up in discussions about the character. Or why you see people enjoying the character dymamics he’s brought to the table as a mark against him. People love Dick Grayson, how many online discussions about him go on without mentioning Bruce, Starfire, Barbara or Damian. Of course you’re free to stand by your conclusion, but I doubt many share it.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-19-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That seems a bit of a stretch. Bendis has talked about reading the Tomasi and Jurgens those runs quite a bit. He specifically talked about Oz Effect because he has said he asked whether it was actually Jor El or if it would be revealed to be someone else, like Mxy.
    Yeah I'm probably getting ahead of myself there. Hey if he explains it, excellent. I just don't begrudge people bringing up the disconnect at the moment between his arrival, he he and Clark act toward one another, and the ending of Oz Effect.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

You can't honestly think the 3 or 4 comments is the sum total of Jon fans even by internet standards.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Return of the Super Sons soft confirm??

Bendis retweeted this

https://twitter.com/talkinSuperSons/...64958452043776

"JON AND KON ARE GONNA MEET ONCE!!����❤
    Thank you so much for this @BRIANMBENDIS !
    Just one last question from me, Is Jon and Damian's reunion would be for one issue or more?"

Bendis then replied

Bendis: "more than one. tons more."

"Tons more" as in them teaming up will be a whole lot more than one issue. But specifically saying "tons" indicates a regular thing. I feel like one can be forgiven for thinking that this is maybe pointing towards another new title for Wonder Comics season 2.

Sooo...yeah. Awesome
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My primary dissatisfaction is that we didn't get to see him grow up and, thus far, his own supporting cast (Cathy, Boyzarro) are nowhere to be seen or mentioned. I liked what he had going for him, but I'm willing to see where Bendis takes Jon, albeit cautiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    CLARK CAN GROW FACIAL HAIR BY FLEXING HIS JAW MUSCLES!!!!

Bendis confirmed best Superman writer of all time. Facts.
    Came here to comment on Chaz as well. Got a great laugh out of that.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-20-2019 at 12:21 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

First off you have to admit that aging up Jon is going to effect his relationships and interactions with all the other characters he has associated with so of course people are going to mention those other characters when talking about aged up Jon. Characters do not, after all, exist in a vacuum. They grow and change and one way they do so is through their relationships and interactions with other characters

Secondly my problem with this aging up business has nothing to do with the change itself and everything to do with the execution of it as well as the set up for the change. Having things happen off panel can be a good thing in certain situations and when done well can add a sense mystery, intrigue and excitement to things. Unfortunately in this case it's doing none of those things for me because the whole set up for this was bungled IMO and also because aging up characters is so cliche.

In any case I was really hoping we'd get a 10 year old Jon meeting his "older brother" Kon type of situation. I still think that dynamic could have been fun. A teenage Jon meeting a teen age Kon just doesn't have the same appeal to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Are you meaning to tell me that all the juicy questions he answered were about Jon? Nothing about the state of Lois and Clark's relationship with her ongoing on the horizon?

I'm beginning to think the whole "Jon will eventually become the Superman of one of the core books" speculation could bear fruit if Bendis is this fixated on his journey.

I can’t watch any Scott Snyder interviews because he’ll spoil the entire upcoming story arc lol. He’s just unable to keep a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    CLARK CAN GROW FACIAL HAIR BY FLEXING HIS JAW MUSCLES!!!!

Bendis confirmed best Superman writer of all time. Facts.
    I heard about that in bleedingcool.. Anyway.. I like Superman with beard..

This reminds me something that I read before.. That the golden/silver age superman? can move his muscles(or something like that) to make Superman and Clark bodies different changing his structure.. I remember 2 images showing him as Clark and Superman and their bodies were a little different.
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-20-2019 at 02:44 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Are you meaning to tell me that all the juicy questions he answered were about Jon? Nothing about the state of Lois and Clark's relationship with her ongoing on the horizon?

I'm beginning to think the whole "Jon will eventually become the Superman of one of the core books" speculation could bear fruit if Bendis is this fixated on his journey.
    As much as i would like to see Jon as superman the second. I don't think that is the reasons, here. R/DCcomics is not generally a place where Clois is talked about. Sure, the consensus is that they like the couple and hell a lot more than New52 smww. They just don't really seem to be fans. They are casual about it. And shipping usually is Tumblr thing anyway. Ofcourse there are some Lois fans,there.Jon and Wally are just that reddit's most favoured characters in general after rebirth . Like i said most guys there are comparatively new to comics.Started with New52/last period of post crisis or with rebirth. Ofcourse there are also many casual fans as well.