Page 391 of 613 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 9194

Dex-starr!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Looks like the cover to Leviathan #2 has come out - or it's a variant for The Year of the Villian one shot, article wasn't clear.

https://www.newsarama.com/44721-dc-s...-bad-guys.html

And either Lois Lane #1 or Action Comics #1013 gets a July Year of the Villain variant as Lois is one of the characters Luthor makes an offer to. I wonder if this is why he showed up at her hotel room back in Action Comics 1003, which further sets up my long suffering theory that Bendis' run is ahead of the rest of the DCU.

Last edited by Yoda; 04-11-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Wish Martian Manhunter was there but otherwise holy hell what a team! Who would have ever thought we’d see those guys headlining an event? I’m really interested in seeing where this goes it reminds me of Bendis Secret War which was one of his stronger events imo.

Very curious to see what Lex’s offer to Lois is. Wonder if he’ll make one to Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wish Martian Manhunter was there but otherwise holy hell what a team! Who would have ever thought we’d see those guys headlining an event? I’m really interested in seeing where this goes it reminds me of Bendis Secret War which was one of his stronger events imo.

Very curious to see what Lex’s offer to Lois is. Wonder if he’ll make one to Clark?
    With the background that they dated back in play again I wonder if his infatuation with her is back as well. Maybe he offers to “save” her from Perpetua.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

New X-Men crossover?

And to correct my initial post, as was pointed out over in the Jimmy & Lois thread the Lois cover is Superman 13 and that Lex cover is Action 1013. Odd pairing to me, according to Amazon, the Unity Saga runs through Superman 14. So it's odd to me that Lex would be making the offer to Lois in Superman and not Action or her own book. I still think it may tie into his visit to her in Action 1003 though.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seeing Lois have such a big role in this event makes me happy, hopefully it sells well and proves to DC we want more unique events like this

Just had a thought: maybe it has to do with the vilification of Lois due to the heat-of-the-moment kiss in Action Comics? Rucka specifically said that he'd be tackling that early on, and that, as far as the public goes, this was Lois Lane corrupting the purity of Superman. So, maybe this is a stretching of the word "villain" in this specific instance?

That said, I don't think each cover is 100% reflective of what's inside that specific story given the fact that Bendis said he wouldn't be using Lex much in his run. So, I'm assuming that the covers are just signifying a villain or vilified character in that family of books even if it's not being dealt with in that specific book.

So, yeah, I think there's something there in a thematic with her being on the cover, but I don't think it's anything that will be specifically addressed in the issue. It's more an ad for the concept of villain's month, I feel.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The text for the event says he makes offered to “prominent characters” not specifically villains as well. Batgirl is getting one to with Oracle on the cover. I think they intro’d a new evil Oracle a while back, but I think it’s possible that Lex offers her to become a new Oracle as that’s her full potential. The offer to Lois could be along those same lines. I don’t expect them to make her side with Lex on anything, even given that last page reveal from JL 21.

Oh, yes, that's right. Well, in that case, I'm guessing Lois will in fact be given an offer especially after she shows her stuff on a grand scale with the Leviathan event. I'm guessing Snyder put that reveal in 21 to play this up.

Whatever the case, I'm interested.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Looks like the cover to Leviathan #2 has come out - or it's a variant for The Year of the Villian one shot, article wasn't clear.

https://www.newsarama.com/44721-dc-s...-bad-guys.html

And either Lois Lane #1 or Action Comics #1013 gets a July Year of the Villain variant as Lois is one of the characters Luthor makes an offer to. I wonder if this is why he showed up at her hotel room back in Action Comics 1003, which further sets up my long suffering theory that Bendis' run is ahead of the rest of the DCU.

I just saw Bendis IG post about Leviathan and getting too exited to function as a human anymore. Look at those bad azz people!
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

To hell with the rest of it!

Kate Spencer is back!

You need to start getting excited, motherf**kers!!!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Just had a thought: maybe it has to do with the vilification of Lois due to the heat-of-the-moment kiss in Action Comics? Rucka specifically said that he'd be tackling that early on, and that, as far as the public goes, this was Lois Lane corrupting the purity of Superman. So, maybe this is a stretching of the word "villain" in this specific instance?

That said, I don't think each cover is 100% reflective of what's inside that specific story given the fact that Bendis said he wouldn't be using Lex much in his run. So, I'm assuming that the covers are just signifying a villain or vilified character in that family of books even if it's not being dealt with in that specific book.

So, yeah, I think there's something there in a thematic with her being on the cover, but I don't think it's anything that will be specifically addressed in the issue. It's more an ad for the concept of villain's month, I feel.
    Where did you find those comments on Rucka's Lois Lane series? I've been looking and can't find any details.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Where did you find those comments on Rucka's Lois Lane series? I've been looking and can't find any details.
    Rucka did a podcast a little while back and talked about it briefly. It's towards the end.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-books/page382

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Rucka did a podcast a little while back and talked about it briefly. It's towards the end.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-books/page382
    Thank you very much!