Page 396 of 613 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The Clark/Lois/Superman triangle being "revived" is just assinine. The Tringle only works if Lois is unaware Clark is Superman. Talk about a silly, unnecessary concept given the current status quo. It is laughably moronic. If Bendis wants to write the Triangle so badly he should do an Elseworlds series or write some flashback stories otherwise, just no.

The traditional triangle isn’t viable anymore for a lot of reasons that have been explored in other threads. That’s not really what I meant. The triangle that I meant is Lois having to address being seen as cheating on Clark with Superman. It replaces some of the tension that it created for them. It brings Lois into a secret identity in a fashion. It’s a problem they can’t just correct easily without giving up Clark’s ID. It’s going to be used against Lois in her book.

Most likely this is going to result in a blended family of Lois, Clark, and “Superman” all parenting Jon together.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The traditional triangle isn’t viable anymore for a lot of reasons that have been explored in other threads. That’s not really what I meant. The triangle that I meant is Lois having to address being seen as cheating on Clark with Superman. It replaces some of the tension that it created for them. It brings Lois into a secret identity in a fashion. It’s a problem they can’t just correct easily without giving up Clark’s ID. It’s going to be used against Lois in her book.

Most likely this is going to result in a blended family of Lois, Clark, and “Superman” all parenting Jon together.
    Still seems stupid to me and honestly unworthy of exploration. Sorry, but I see no narrative value short term or long term in this faux triangle, now have another woman become interested in Clark due to his perceived altered status and you're cracking.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-15-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Still seems stupid to me and honestly unworthy of exploration. Sorry, but I see no narrative value short term or long term in this faux triangle, now have another woman become interested in Clark due to his perceived altered status and you're cracking.
    For that to go anywhere, Clark would feel pressured to reciprocate, and that will never happen.

But other than actually seeing him age, all that is still on the table. Why can’t this be explored now?

And I’ll maintain a 13-14 year old and a 17 year old hanging out is a lot more normal than a 10 year old and 13 year old. So that dynamic really isn’t ruined for me.
    It would've been better explored if they were the same age. On top of that, to see him date someone will be cringy.

Side note, DC Universe app is coming to Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    For that to go anywhere, Clark would feel pressured to reciprocate, and that will never happen.
    No doubt, but it would be more exciting than a faux Lois/Clark/Superman Love Triangle. There is no tension in such a triangle, which is the point of triangles, beyond the mistaken outward perceptions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I say this literally every interview almost, but this has me excited. I honestly predicted bendis taking over the green arrow title once it was announced he was coming to DC so hopefully this leads to that. Also looks like during leviathan, people will assume Clark was taken by Levithan and Talia(and going by the preview art, that’s true.) Also going by the preview, the book is right in continuity with JL right now with Mera in the league. So that officially shoots down the theory this is set after doomsday clock unless some retcons occur.
    Bendis on GA would be great but he’s already at the number of books where I’m concerned about his ability to maintain the quality.

No doubt, but it would be more exciting than a faux Lois/Clark/Superman Love Triangle. There is no tension in such a triangle, which is the point of triangles, beyond the mistaken outward perceptions of others.
    Uh no it wouldn’t? Clark would just politely decline unless the writer wanted to have the Clois fans maul him/her to death. This triangle is interesting because it’s not Lois/Clark’s love being threatened but the public perception of their relationship. That’s potentially interesting because there’s no real easy fix.

(No easy fix besides Mephisto of course)

Mighty Member

But other than actually seeing him age, all that is still on the table. Why can’t this be explored now?

And I’ll maintain a 13-14 year old and a 17 year old hanging out is a lot more normal than a 10 year old and 13 year old. So that dynamic really isn’t ruined for me.
    Damian being a few years older works wonderfully simply because this is Damian. He never had a real childhood, and he tries to act like he’s on the same level as the adults. His best friend being a younger boy exposes his inner child, and allows him to embrace some aspects of youth denies to him over the years (and he now reflexively denies to himself). Making Jon the older one simplifies that dynamic and makes a little redundant to all the other relationships Damian has in his life. So no, having Jon be the younger one works way better.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh no it wouldn’t? Clark would just politely decline unless the writer wanted to have the Clois fans maul him/her to death. This triangle is interesting because it’s not Lois/Clark’s love being threatened but the public perception of their relationship. That’s potentially interesting because there’s no real easy fix.

We'll agree to disagree as I do not find it interesting in the least. When Bendis fails and I predict he shall this will be one of the reasons cited.

(I see what you did there, nice lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Damian being a few years older works wonderfully simply because this is Damian. He never had a real childhood, and he tries to act like he’s on the same level as the adults. His best friend being a younger boy exposes his inner child, and allows him to embrace some aspects of youth denies to him over the years (and he now reflexively denies to himself). Making Jon the older one simplifies that dynamic and makes a little redundant to all the other relationships Damian has in his life. So no, having Jon be the younger one works way better.
    Basically this. Teen Jon brings nothing to Damian’s table that Dick, Jason and Tim wouldn’t bring better. Jon being younger was a big part of what made their dynamic stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    But that dynamic doesn't have to change. Bendis has compared it to BIG. Jon's literally still going to be the "younger" brother in this scenario. So, superficially it's changed but until we see it played out I don't think the dynamic is going to be all that different. Jon's still going to be the one pushing Daiman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, I'm just going to laugh really hard if she finds a way to spin it as Lex getting a decoy in her image to try and defame his most vocal critic.

But that dynamic doesn't have to change. Bendis has compared it to BIG. Jon's literally still going to be the "younger" brother in this scenario. So, superficially it's changed but until we see it played out I don't think the dynamic is going to be all that different. Jon's still going to be the one pushing Daiman.
    I’ve heard him compare this to Big. I doubt he’s ever seen Big. The Billy/Freddy dynamic in the Shazam movie was superhero Big. And it was awesome. This Jon/Damian thing isn’t similar to Big or what made it endearing at all. Jon is 4 years older than Damian now, he’s not in an older body.

Mighty Member

That doesn't make it different enough from what Dick already does for Damian, or any number of older brother or friend figures Damian already has. Jon was younger and that added a different dimension. Not he's not. He's just not.

And comparing it to Big makes this version of Jon seem to close to Billy Batson and the Shazam Family, which is straight up referencing Big. In other words, there is no way Bendis has presented or spun this version of Jon without making him seem redundant in some way. It was a huge miscalculation.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’ve heard him compare this to Big. I doubt he’s ever seen Big. The Billy/Freddy dynamic in the Shazam movie was superhero Big. And it was awesome. This Jon/Damian thing isn’t similar to Big or what made it endearing at all. Jon is 4 years older than Damian now, he’s not in an older body.
    Pretty much. Plus, in Big, the kids turns back into a child at the end. And never trapped in a volcano for 5 years. This isn't that.

What it seems like to me is that Bendis just wanted Jon to be 17, but didn't want to just make him 17 without any explanation. So we're left with this crap.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

We'll agree to disagree as I do not find it interesting in the least. When Bendis fails and I predict he shall this will be one of the reasons cited.

(I see what you did there, nice lol)
    It also allows the exploration of the general treatment of powerful and famous women in these types of situations as Rucka has indicated. Lois is going to be dragged through it while Superman will be seen as the pure one she corrupted. It also allows for some more exploration as to the costs of secret identities as this mess is based solely on its existence. Their love and relationship is solid and they have to actually work through something there is no easy fix for. I don't see how it's any less interesting than a run of the mill faux or real love triangle with someone being tempted by a third party.