Page 398 of 613 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 9194
    BANNED

I doubt it would even be a conventional heel turn, just the same as Lois and Clark don't currently have a conventional marriage. There are other heroes who will consider Lex's offer, like Martian Manhunter and Batgirl, so it's not exclusive to Lois and other villains.

People are just so paranoid/critical of what Bendis has done and the dick marketing on DC's end that they're constantly assuming the worst is in store for the family, when Bendis and Rucka are adamant that is not going to be the case. Lois will still be Lois.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-16-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Am I missing a solicit or something? In regards to this Lois heel turn talk, all i've seen on DC's end is that line "Why is Lex talking to Lois?". That's incredibly benign. If that's all there is, I'm perplexed why this is even a talking point. I know about the BC article but that's of course what they do.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Am I missing a solicit or something? In regards to this Lois heel turn talk, all i've seen on DC's end is that line "Why is Lex talking to Lois?". That's incredibly benign. If that's all there is, I'm perplexed why this is even a talking point. I know about the BC article but that's of course what they do.
    You answered your own question then. Just Jude Terror feeding fan fears.

Not that DC is helping. This is the second time they've teased fans with "Lex and Lois interact, something something shananegins"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You answered your own question then. Just Jude Terror feeding fan fears.

Not that DC is helping. This is the second time they've teased fans with "Lex and Lois interact, something something shananegins"
    I'd put money on this being the same scene played out in full this time. The DCU is finally catching up to Bendis' Superman run.

I’m shocked and happy it’s doing so well. I wasn’t expecting a new character to do so well but congrats to Bendis and Walker.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m shocked and happy it’s doing so well. I wasn’t expecting a new character to do so well but congrats to Bendis and Walker.
    Same here, congrats to them both. I think Bendis is at his best when developing new characters whereas he can sometimes struggle to make good with established ones, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Not Kate, not Spencer. Kate Spencer.

Lol cool cameo though, love that Andreyko and Rucka are in the same office with all this going down.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Good thing Pan is public domain, closest DC will get to referencing Disney at the same time.

Good thing Pan is public domain, closest DC will get to referencing Disney at the same time.
    DC/CW TV shows have referenced Marvel quite a bit. And we know Marvel is owned by Disney.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 04-22-2019 at 10:10 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Man, this book is really doing it for me right now. Reads like someone turned Superman into a spy thriller.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Man, this book is really doing it for me right now. Reads like someone turned Superman into a spy thriller.
    It’s definitely a change of pace for the Superbooks, and one I’m enjoying.

From an upcoming issue Superman. Supes and Zaar fighting with Jon and Kara in background.

https://www.instagram.com/brianmbend...d=6buknhbwxt8n

This is from Superman 80 page Event Leviathan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwlV1alHn03/

BANNED

Newsarama: So does the 25-cent issue feature Lex Luthor kicking off this plan? And the “Year of the Villain” shows what happens as these villains attack?

Snyder: Yes. In this issue, Lex says to the rest of the DCU, "These are my findings. This is what I’ve learned. We as a species are meant to be evil, and I’m going to give you the means to join me in that crusade to make humanity become what it was always meant to be.

"We are its real heroes, the villains of the DCU. And I’m going to make a sacrifice that allows you now to beat your heroes. And if we do that, we’ll lead humanity forward to its great goal."

So the 25-cent issue is Lex doing these shocking things to approach every villain with an offer that allows them to level up across the DCU and take down their heroes once and for all.

And in response, we see the Justice League saying, the only way we can fight this is to level up as well. We’re going to gather every hero throughout the entire scope of the DCU to be on the Justice League to fight this.

So we’re gearing up for the biggest fight in the history of the DCU - that’s basically what the May issue is about.

And then in July, across the whole line, you’ll see Lex appear in the different books - basically every book - and offer the villain of that book something special and particular to that character that says, this is how you beat your hero.

And the villain will either take that offer or not take that offer. Maybe the hero will take that offer. Each story is particular to the writer and artist on that book.

Together, we’re telling a story that kind of culminates in a battle between good and evil in November when one side will win, and that will propel the biggest story we’ve told, at least in my time in DC, from December through spring of 2020.

Nrama: And does the ending of your Batman Who Laughs story also play into this?

Snyder: 100%. So does Justice League Dark and Justice League Odyssey and other books outside of it, like some of the stuff Tom’s doing in Batman and some of the stuff that Brian’s doing in Superman. All of it winds up playing into this same uber-narrative that eventually crescendos and culminates in fall-winter of 2019.

So what you read now in “Year of the Villain” in May really is the first shot of a bigger story that will cross through the whole DCU and bring it to this incredible head in fall-winter of this year, and then propel it into the biggest battle possible in 2020.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44899-scot...nd-battle.html